Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017

Due in November 2017 - Part 2

Replies

• I only have the crib set up as well but I should finally be able to finish his nursery soon! Excited for that :)

We won't be getting a carseat since we don't drive but I've heard that there are ones that work for as long as you need them. If you drive a lot then it's probably worth investing in those kinds of carseats. Expensive but you most likely won't ever have to buy another one.

• I know what you mean about the leaky breasts. I'm producing a random cross between milk (to feed my 17 month old) and colostrum. So my little girl has gone crazy and is feeding much more often now. I just hope she is willing to share when little man is born. 

I love how organised people are :) we still had most bits, but got everything very early. So we've been finished and bags packed for a few weeks now. We've got a crib for him to sleep in, and will move our daughter to an actual toddler bed when he needs the larger cot (fingers crossed that won't be until 6 months at least). 

I have been struggling lately if I'm honest. I'm on iron, again, and have early signs of pre eclampsia so now having weekly check ups. And got another appointment with consultant in 2 weeks (when I'll be 35 weeks). 

Birth plans are sounding awesome :) I think I will have to right a c section one at this rate. But I want the curtain dropped, I want my partner to cut the cord. And I want skin to skin in theatre and want to nurse within the first hour. Fingers crossed. 

• i know what I want in my birth plan. But it’s all in my head. 🤣 we don’t know if it’s  girl or boy yet so I want babies Daddy to catch the baby and tell me the name of the child. We have a name for a boy and a girl. He would get 1st cuddles but pass to me quite quickly as I want to see if the child will naturallay latch on. im hoping for birth Center so want minimal caffufal. Lol 

car seat we wanted the Kiddy lay flat seat, but it wasnt compatible with the Pioneer so opted for the simplicity instead as it came free. 

Getting the basanet and pram next week, then I will feel a little more organised. Need to look at packing my Hospital bag next. Exciting times. 

• Oh WLJ I hadn't read about not wiping the hands, thats so interesting I will need to look into that! 

Mochi I think you need to buy a car seat at least to bring the baby home in, other wise you would have to walk home from hospital? Not sure maybe check with your midwife about what your hospital rules are.

Can I ask what size clothes you are all packing in the babies hospital bag and what clothing your packing for baby? Clothing wise I was thinking 4 x vests & 4 x sleep suits ( 2 in newborn and 2 in 1 month), a few hats, socks & the going home outfit. Does this seem excessive? The clothes are so small I thought I could get away with having more than less. I didn't really buy many newborn things, only things  I have in NB are a pack of sleepsuits and vests and an outfit, everything else is upto 1 month and then 0-3 months. I was thinking I'll just see how big he is when hes here, if hes small I can buy a few more things and if hes not, I should be good?

Sorry to hear you have been struggling Karen, I really hope you feel ok, not long left now. I too have a consultant appointment on Monday because of my MS. Everything should be fine I hope, I did have an area of numbness on my stomach but it seems less noticeable now, Im thinking its just where the skin is stretching. I'm still taking asprin, so I wonder when I can stop or if I need to.

I can't believe I'll be 35 weeks next week, that seems crazy!!

• Yeah, our pram doubles as in infant/toddler carseat so we should be good for the way home and whenever we ride in someone's car :)

I'd probably bring multiple sizes just in case he may be a little bigger in size or length so I'm thinking two different outfits, a warm blanket and a swaddle.

• @ Mochi on discharge most hospitals will expect you to have one to take baby with. I ll recommend mothercare car seat or any one that can fit your buggy. Even with taxi your expected to have baby in a car seat especially newborn. 

I already have car seat from first Maxi code pebble as fits in our pram base. We would need another fixed car seat for second car but not until 6 months I think. The best one I like from the two we have for 17 month old is the joie Every stages can be used from birth. It's well padded love it 

I ll stick with 0-3 months for baby cloths mine was too big for newborn when he was born leg to short although 0-3 months bigger. I was relieved got only 3 newborn but didn't need them.  It was the best fit there are some 1mth ones I had from next that were fab fit but we didn't use for long 

we still haven't decided on names

• I have to be honest, ive packed 8 plain sleepsuits, 7 vests all in newborn/first size, I have an outfit and vest in tiny baby. And about 3 babygrows/outfits for when he meets his siblings, and then comes home. Plus hats etc. But I think I'm gonna end up with a section, so need to be prepared for a longer stay, depending on recovery. 

• And they aren't sure when the section will be yet. If my health is still suffering when I see consultant, it'll be booked soon after 37 weeks. Hence the tiny baby clothing. But there is a large asda and Tesco within 10 mins walk of the hospital if there is anything extra we need/different clothing sizes etc. 

• Ah ok then Mochi.

So I feel good with what I have i think, I may pack a 0-3 month combo too just in case, one of each size. The 1 month suits I have are from next and they look a good size.

So overall do you recommend 3 or 4 outfits?

We have his name although I’ve always been a fan of waiting and seeing what baby looks like! 

How big are everyones bumps? is there a growth spurt around this time?

• Just seen your post Karen, ok that makes sense! Xx

• imagethis was my bump at 32+6 :) 

• Yeah, I already have a pram that doubled as a carseat for when it's necessary. I wouldn't buy anything else since we aren't expecting to be driving any time in the future. 

Whatever you feel comfortable with Jade :) Some women bring a ton of outfits for their little one. Don't be shy about it ♡

My bump has had a growth spurt at around week 28. It's been about the same since then or it's just changed very little. I'm expecting another growth spurt as he gains more fat before delivery

• Karenlouise, fancy showing us your back tattoo??? 

• It does look really beautiful. I'd love to see it!

• imageimageimageimagethought I'd show you all of them haha. Obviously I've got the two on my belly too, and I have one on my wrist/forearm :) 

Has anyone else got ink? 

• karenlouise- that is some seriously beautiful ink you have there! Think the sea turtle is my favourite! The colours are amazing. 

Hello everyone else too! We would love for you to come and tell us if you've had a best or worst trimester during your pregnancy over on this new thread. We'd ❤️ to hear from you! 

• Wow karen how cool, that’s some impressive artwork you have going on there! i don’t have any but I always admire them. 

I’m going for a haircut now as my hair is the latest part of me that has grown out of control and getting on my nerves lol

• Mochi what pram do you have?? Yeah I’m sure the outfits will be fine just wanted to know what the rest of you are doing. Baby clothes are so cute but kind of confuse me lol 

I have the Doona car seat by the way, sure Ive already mentioned it xx

• The tattoo artwork is amazing! I don't have any because I don't think I can commit to it but I'd love to get a small one one day :)

I got a Hauck trio set pram. It bad great reviews and it's exactly what I was looking for but on the cheaper side. Baby clothes also confuse the heck out of me as well! I'm worried he'll grow too fast out of them or he'll be too big so that's why I want to bring all sorts of different sizes. Not looking forward to him growing out of all the cute clothes that were given to him ;(

• I just realised I said "bad great" I meant just "great" 😂 my apologies!