Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in November 2017 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

2»

Replies

• Oh Jade, what an ordeal, but look at your beautiful boy! And having gone through a really intense birth, we have to say you look fabulous too. Hope that section is healing up. 

DON'T FORGET PEEPS! PM me your name and address so we can send your baby gift for posting your story! 

• I'm so amazed that I had minimal stretch marks and no tearing considering I had a healthy 9lb 6oz baby boy!

We went in for induction on the 23rd at 11:30am. I didn't get a room to break my waters until 3:30pm on the 24th. Waters broken about 4:30pm and was given a hormone drip to start contractions which came fast and very painful. I was sensitive to the hormone even though it was on the lowest dose which made every contraction about 5 seconds apart. I tried using gas and air for as long as possible until I gave up and decided to try morphine as it was reccomended since it was still early labour.

Morphine worked wonders and hours went past without awful pain. That was until I got the strong urge like I had a bowel movement and we all passed it off as such so I went to try not realizing what it actually was!

That's when pain got really bad and I was begging for an epidural but I had to wait an hour until he was available. The midwife really wanted to start on a more powerful dose of hormones but I begged to wait. He finally arrived and after trying for about 20 minutes he couldn't find a good place to place it so he gave up and told the midwife to see how dialated I was.

As soon as she started to check she was completely shocked to find his head right there! She told me I could give birth any second and then it hit me that this entire time I've been pushing out a baby without noticing it! We scrapped the epidural and decided to just push so he was out about 15 minutes later.

When he came out the midwives were completely shocked at how large he was and how simple his delivery was. She assumed I'd need some sort of intervention during birth. I was able to have skin to skin until they realized his breathing wasn't as it should be so they pressed and alarm which terrified me. About 7 other people ran into the room reassuring me he was fine and that he was just in a mixture of shock because of how quickly he was delivered and the morphine which made him drowsy.

I then spent the next 20 minutes having everyone tell me their disbelief that he was my baby as there was no indication as to why he would be born so large and I still have no idea either! I can't imagine how much he'd weigh if he was to come in his own.

Baby Noah was born after about 6 hours of labour at 10:45pm on the 24th of November, weighing 9lbs 6oz. I love him more each time I look at him 🙂 he's been great at feeding so far.

• Wow Mochi, well done. x

• Well done Mochi. I didn't manage to get a 6lb baby out without help so kudos for a 9lber!

• Well done Mochi so glad it all went well 😊 and you got a natural birth hope your continuing to do well at home xx

• Fab birth story Mochi - we reckon you've surprised yourself - amazing your body just knew what to do! 

• here is my birth story. It’s a little long ...

Woke up in the night 2.15 to find I was bleeding. Went to triage where I was assessed and told it was the same thing as earlier in my pregnancy nothing to worry about. While I was on the monitors they realised I was having some quite strong contractions I had lots of Braxton Hicks and about 5 proper contractions in 30 min.  They called a dr who did an internal speculum she wanted to start my induction ASAP as I was already in the hospital so they admitted me and we was waiting for a bed. The Midwife came back round and asked if I was ok. I just said I wanted to avoid an induction ideally but it doesn’t look possible. She asked me if she could do another internal exam with her fingers to find out how ripe I was. She then left and didn’t say much to me. She went to the dr who was a hospital GPand told her that I didn’t want to be induced and that she had come to the conclusion I was in late-early labour already and I’ve only got a cm Togo till active labour. She told the gp that she was going to ask me if she could give me Another sweep and another 24 hours at home. The gp walk off in a bit of a huff M/W came back told me What had been said and that she thinks I should be left to labour on my own at home after a good sweep. I agreed to the sweep and was sent home with strict instructions to stay upright and active. She really did listen to what I wanted.

Then Went up to the birth centre last night contracting every 4-7 min and  exhausted. They gave me some pain killers and told me to use the pool and try sleep for a few hours. I managed to cat nap. Had a good conversation with her about being induced she said she doesn’t think I need to be and I’m not actually classed as over due till 42+1 I I managed to get a little bit

Of sleep and went

Home waiting to go into labour or a call to be induced. 

The next day I was having contractions every 5 min so we went back to the birth centre I was over the moon and thinking I’m getting what I want. After looking at me they said I was still only 3 Cm. By this point I had been having contractions for 6 days grabbing naps when I could. I was then told I couldn’t give birth at the BC because my blood pressure was now slightly high (I was stressed and I’m pain) I asked if I can hold use the Birth centre at pinderfields. And was told yes I could. So we went home to wait a phone call to be induced got the call around 1pm and drove the 40 min to pinders. I was quite happy thinking we get to use the birthing centre just in a different location. When we got there we was ushered into the labour ward I was thinking I’ve had enough of fighting for what I want and just let them get on with getting this baby out of me. The only thing I wanted now was not to be strapped to the bed for some reason the thought of not being able to move round terrified me when I got into the birthing room the first thing I saw was a birthing pool I knew there was only one in the hospital and something like 18 birth rooms. I thought someone somewhere has tried to get me what I wanted while at the same time getting what they want. I thought that was quite a good compromise.  By this point it was 3pm ish and I was still not in active labour I agreed with them to have my waters broken but see where it went from there to going on the drip. The Midwife ran the birthing pool and said I could use it for pain relief for now when she ran it the plug wouldn’t hold the water. By this point I really wasn’t bothered I was then told I’m moving to a different room because they had got someone down to fix it urgently again they did their best to give me the birth I wanted. We was moved to another room after another examination. By this point I’m not in active labour still I’m still 3cm  I change rooms and midwives change over.  I’m then ushered back to the original room where the pool now works I spend about an hour in the pool I then feel that poo feeling so I say so I’m told I’m not inactive labour time between breaking my waters and now around 1 hour. I’m told I need to be on the drip again and will be monitored for the drip. So I get into the monitor which apparently must be run for so long. The rest is a bit of a blur I will tell you what I remember. By this time I’m saying I really want to poo the Midwife says I’m in too much pain not to be in active labour I wasn’t allowed any pain relief other than paracetamol or gas and air which I didn’t like at this point. She examined me and found I was 9cm this is 45min after I was last told I was not in active labour I was guided to the pool as I really wanted a waterbirth and that’s what they wanted to give me.  Got into the pool and started pushing quite quickly.  I was pushing for an hour in the pool and baby was still not here the Midwife kept me in as long as she could then told me to get out and up onto the bed I was purely exhausted by this point. Managed to dive out of the pool between contractions and was on my knees on the floor somebody got a birthing stool and sat me on it as I was having the baby there and then on the floor.  After he was born I was given quick skin to skin time and he was ushered away to Dad I was taken into the bed and suddenly the room was full of people asking me 101 questions and prodding and poking at me. I was then taken to theatre I don’t remember much but the outcome was a 4th degree tear and I lost a lot of blood I was close to needing a blood transfusion but they managed to stabilise me just in time. I went back to Albert in recovery where I had skin to skin with Him and tried to breast feed him which he took to  like a duck to water. The next few days we spent in hospital but I think they where some of the worst days of my life nothing to do with Albert, he is perfect, I was bed bound and couldn’t pick him up or change his nappy I got quite stressed and upset by it all. We’ve now got him home where I feel much better but I dare not be left on my own with him I’m not steady on my own feet let alone walking round carrying Albert. It’s going to be a while till I feel able to leave the house. In the mean time I’m going to get this breast feeding down to a fine art. 😊  any way. Here are some pics of the little guy. ❤️
  • Albert Harrop Blundell 

imageimage

• Wow Chantelle, what a time you had, huge well done. Wishing you a smooth recovery, especially with your tear, Albert looks like a dream xxx