Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018

Due in November 2018

1454647484951»

Replies

• I got 3 extra scans because of the low PAPP-A blood result at the 13 weeks (the double test). It was 0.45 and they expect ~1. Low PAPP-A especially <0.4 gives risk of poor baby growth, pre-term birth etc.

I'll have the last scan at 36 weeks, end of next week.

My bump measured at the 95% percentile at 28 weeks - 28 cm, but it's been small at the last 2, 32cm at 34 weeks. I haven't fallen of the graph yet, but the growth seems to have been slowing down. The last scan placed her in a couple of meausrements just below average and some at something like 25% percentile. I guess I'll see next week if it's fallen more.

Baby is kicking a lot though, used an app and getting an avg of 340 kicks/squirms a day! (she also moves a lot at night which I'm not recording I'm trying to sleep :) )

I'm getting worse and worse heartburn, especially at night and even from just switching from one side to another. I've also got the carpal tunnel syndrome, where a nerve is my wrists is pinched from water retention/swelling (not visible with the naked eye though), so I'm wearing wrist splits at night which help a bit.

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, sleep poorly, can't seem to remember anything etc..

• avg of 440 kicks / day not 340, anybody else getting a lot of kicks? many times she won't do just a kick but a series of them, very strong

• I have extra scans but only because I have GD. If you don’t have any complications then you won’t get any more 😊 baby was 3 pounds 12 at 30 weeks and have another scan on Monday so excited to see how he’s growing! 

Sorry to hear about the heartburn and carpel tunnel.. is there anything doctors can do to help? 

i have SPD so that’s my main issue just not being able to move much lol’ definitely ready to have this baby!! Keep thinking only 7weeks left (which still feels forever!!) 

• I've also started drinking raspberry leaf tea, hope it helps with labour (heard some good things at my yoga preg class), and I bought like 10 books on labour and parenting, baby psychology/development/week by week etc :)) I'm off work from next week and hope to finish reading them all then 

We've also close to choosing a company for stem cell collection, been back and forth with lots of questions.

• Just found this group - I’m due end of November, being induced at 39 weeks, giving birth at UCLH. Any other UCLH mums to be here? 

• I take Rennie for heartburn and it used to help a lot, now less or not so much. For the carpal tunnel syndrome they said once I have the baby and the swelling goes down, I'll stop having it, nothing I can do apart from wearing the wrist support at night. Before wearing it it was 5x worse, I would get numbness and pins and needles all day, now it's  it's just that it's hard to make a fist and I get the pins&needles from time to time.

What is SPD?

• Hi Gillush, welcome to the thread! How has your pregnancy been so far? 

• Think I’ve been quite lucky not to get heartburn mucH! 

Spd is pain in pelvis and hips - had it from about 20 weeks but it gets worse as time goes on and you get bigger so now I am in pain walking and moving at all. Not fun! But like you say goes away after birth so temporary at least. 

• Gosh can you believe we're all nearly there?! I feel like time has gone so quickly recently! I've got 2 weeks left in work and really feeling ready to finish now, I can't get over how tired I've suddenly become.

• @loveelmo they have estimated 37 weeks latest but they are concerned because my placenta is so low and she is so big (measuring at 38 weeks and I’m only 31!) they are monitoring me closely. i’ve been scanned regularly since 20 weeks.  I’ve had 3 appointments this week and a scan. At 28 weeks she was weighing 4.2 and should have been 1.9. I’ve been signed off to work from home and I’m not allowed to travel anywhere on my own Which is a bit of a pain. I’m trying to get out for walks but even that is a struggle! I’m quite petite and all bump at the moment but it’s a big strain on my back and ribs and my bum is killing me 😂. 

how are you getting on? 

• Charlieg13 I’m 33 weeks measuring 36. I’m guessing they will do my section around 38 weeks as my placenta isn’t covering the cervix, just too close for vb. 

I’ve been wfh for weeks now as I get so tired and have a few dizzy episodes now and again. Have you had any bleeding with your placenta being so low? I haven’t so I feel quite lucky. Looking forward to finding out a date to meet her. I’d rather have vb but at least this way we know when she will be out! 

Its good they are monitoring you so closely. I find going for walks is about as much exercise as I can take... walking and talking at the same time is really tricky!! x

• I have 3 more scans because she is measuring small. 

Hope all you ladies are okay! Not long now x

• Ive had three extra scans too and one more booked for 36 weeks (which is scarily close). Was admitted to hospital last week with a random bleed. That was strange. Everything is fine other than babys head is not growing as much as the rest of his body. So far have no explanation for that. Just wish we could ask them if they are okay.

• I hope they will be sensible and leave me be providing next growth scan shows approprate growth even if it is following bottom centile. Don’t really fancy being induced early. I work on SCBU although currently on mat leave. We’ve had a couple of babies lately that have been induced 35-36 weeks for 5th centile growth or less and when they’ve delivered they’ve actually been 50th centile plus babies. Such a shame they were whipped out too soon and ended up needing a couple of days on the unit.  

• As long as she is out safe I don’t mind how or when! 

Luckily I haven’t had any bleeding so far - the way the consultants have been talking is to expect it any time now so I’m glad I’m home and 10 mins from the hospital! 

hoping we know more Friday and can get a bit more organised! 

I am getting quite out of breath... even rolling over in bed! Haha so close to the end! Xx

• Hi Catj21,

They can't induce you if you don't consent. I'd ask is the baby in distress or any immediate danger? What are the alternatives (like more scans/more frequent checks etc)? 

Induction is more painful than normal birth, plus statistically it carries higher risk of needing other interventions, forceps,epidural, CS... as your natural complimentary hormones might not kick up in time/same rate etc.

Obviously is better for them to induce you, they save up on the money for extra scans etc, but don't see any advantage for you, if you and the baby are fine, plus as you said the baby could be a different weight than they say. It's amazing how can they be so wrong, have friends who been induced with GD at 37w, told to expect a big baby then had to rush to buy small baby pampers... baby could have befitted from staying longer. also heard other similar stories from my preg yoga class. You'd think after years of giving wrong estimates they would have figured out the problem and fixed it.

I plan to do the same when i go into labour, I will also have in my birth plan that I want them to talk to my partner first and assume my consent for checks (basically I'd like not to be disturbed too much), don't want to know how far along I am (might get me upset if not progressing quickly but they can tell my partner so he can maybe take me for a walk, change position etc), I don't want them to offer me any painkillers (don't want to have my willpower tested, if I really need something I'll ask for it, and don't want them to offer me any other interventions (speed up labour etc) unless there's an emergency - baby/me in danger/distress.

Hope it goes well and good luck to all ladies x

• Hi everyone, we've just noticed this thread has gone over the 1k posts mark which is great, but it's getting a bit hard to load on some devices and tricky to keep up with, so we've kicked you off a new continuation thread. 

CONTINUATION THREAD HERE! 

Please do click on the new thread and hit the green FOLLOW button so you don't miss out on any new posts. 

We'll lock this thread in a day or two so we don't have two chats going on at once, and everyone will get a chance to see this post.  

• Hi everyone, just a reminder we have kicked you off your continuation thread over here. Please do come on over. And if you fancied reading some birth stories from our Due in October birth club, you can find them here

• We are locking this thread now - CONTINUATION THREAD HERE! 
    E
    verness has kindly kicked off the new thread, so hope to see you over there soon.