Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018

Due in November 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Hope everyone's doing well,

My due date was tomorrow but had my little Halloween baby after a fairly quick and smooth delivery weighing 7lb4oz. Home yesterday and getting settled into this new adventure.

Good luck to all of you and hope your babies don't keep you waiting too long although it really is worth every second! :)

• Aww congratulations, lovely news!

• Congratulations Grd3! A Halloween baby! So cool! What have you named your little girl? 
    We would so love to hear about you labour and birth - please do come and share it on the Big Birth thread, and we'd so love to see a pic too.  

• Thanks Everness. It was ok, he said if It was our first baby he would be very worried but he’s not to worried as it’s our first. I got a bit upset as he was going through the procedure. They have to tell you the extreme case but they basically said because of the placenta previa the uterus will be weak so I’m going to bleed a lot and they have to act fast - within one minute of delivering baby. They are going to have blood waiting to pump back in, if the bleeding doesn’t stop they will inflate a balloon inside? And then worst case scenarios Will be a hysterectomy which hopefully won’t happen! They have 3 things they can do to stop the bleeding and hysterectomy is the third. So had A slight wobble! 

I start a course of steroids next week to Make sure baby’s lungs are strong enough! 

• Congratulations GRD3.

We had our baby girl yesterday at 0959. Weighing 6lbs 9 and a half ozs. We didn’t know what we were having but I’d always assumed boy. So i was a little surprised when out came a beautiful girl 💗. First period pain types started at 1700 on the 2nd after no signs all day and then I had her 0959 following morn at 40+4 weeks xx

• Aww congrats Cat! So did you go into labour naturally or were you induced? 

• Congratulations Catj21, a baby girl! Oh hooray! What have you named her? And how are you feeling? 

• I also had a Halloween baby! 2 weeks early haha he couldn’t wait 😊 he is diddy at 6 pounds.. Labour felt like it went on forever (34 hours) but he was born with only 8 mins of pushing! He is wonderful. Hoping you all get to meet your little ones soon too xx 

• Yay Zgab16, what lovely news! What's his name? Fancy sharing a pic? 

Also,  just to let you all know, we'll turn this birth club into a baby club soon, so you can all carry on chatting. 

• Congratulations both. Due on thursday. No baby yet 😞 becoming increasingly frustrated and everything hurts. I would have hoped this time would be exciting but instead I just feel a bit down. Good luck to everyone x

• imagePenelope Violet 

• Hey! I went naturally had a straightforward normal birth. We have named her Olivia 👶🏻💗.

• Cat she is absolutely beautiful. Her name is perfect! How is it being home?

• Nothing could have prepared me for the sleepless nights and hormonal highs and lows. To think I complained about lack of sleep during pregnancy 🙈. But it’s nice to be at home and be a family 💗. I’m breastfeeding her to which she seems to want feeding 1-2 hourly 

• Aww your girls are both beautiful! My due date is Thurs too, Sky! No movement for me either, how frustrating!? 

• I took rapsberry leaf tea from 36 weeks. But when I was 2 days overdue they advised me to take 2 tabs 3 times a day. A hefty dose but this may have been what set off labour 

• Lauren, Penelope is so gorgeous - how are you finding being home? 

GH29 and Sky123, are people driving you mad texting and calling 'have you had the baby yet'? 

Catj21, the sleep or lack of, is so intense - I remember it well. Are you having a million visitors too? 

• Im glad I am not alone gh29, it really sucks waiting. I am having a sweep tomorrow but not sure how well that will work. Still no signs of baby 😟 

Danielle, both me and my partner are fed up of the messages. He even told his parents to bugger off earlier 😂😂 its just annoying having to keep saying theres no news. 

• Hi ladies, have been reading all the updates but didn't have much time to post anything myself.

Congratulations to all the new mums 😊 your babies are so beautiful! 💐

I'm 38 weeks today and getting super tired of being pregnant lately. Also the weather is getting hotter here (nearly summer) hope all of you are doing ok, so exciting all the babies are coming so soon x

• I've got a midwife appointment today but they've already said they won't be doing anything other than normal checks. I'm going to ask her about a sweep.

Yea Danielle, constant messages! As if we're just going to call next week like 'sorry forgot to let you know baby had been born' 😂