Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in November 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in November 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Correct...im still waiting! Currently 6 days overdue and getting pretty fed up 😔

2 sweeps done, another booked for Sunday and then if still no progress, induction booked for 27th, so at least we have a date to look forward to!

Congrats to all the other mums, your babies are beautiful ♥️

• Oh bless you Lmc88x I totally feel your pain - both my kids were 10 and 11 days over due 😂😂But the eviction notice has been served! 27th it is! 

• Hello ladies! Congratulations on all your gorgeous babies! 

I had Ada Charlotte Rose on 12 November, weighing 7lbs 13oz. Her EDd is actually today!  via C section due to major placenta previa and polyhydromis. The c section went smoothly, my team were absolutely amazing and managed to control all the bleeding by drugs which was best case scenario. I lost 850ml which they were pleased with due to my complications. the first 2 days were hard but the Experience overall was a good one and I would definitely go through it again!

Ada is an absolute dream! me and my partner are living In a love bubble! Solely breasfeeding At the moment so may be asking for some advice! 

Xxx

• Hooray Charlieg13, and congratulations to you - you sound so happy ☺️
    Fancy sharing a pic of your baby girl? And how you finding the breastfeeding? 

• Congratulations everyone 💐❤️

So happy to announce our baby boy arrived on 22nd November 🤗

Wilfred Barnaby 9lb 12oz 💙

We had him at 11.05am and got back home for dinner, his brothers and sister are so in love 😍 couldn't be happier, Wilf is such a good baby so far ☺️

• Aw I love seeing the baby pictures! I’m still waiting, due date isn’t till the 28th tho and I think I’m booked in for a sweep on Monday so that might move things along. Otherwise it may be a December baby after all! 

Hope all the new mummies and babies are doing ok!

• Hi ladies, 

Quick question.... Is it true that you can't make up 6 bottles and put them in the fridge and take them out when needed. Or is it a new thing that you only make 1 bottle as and when needed? Is my SIL just making life more difficult than it already is? 

Thanks

Alice Fern born 22nd of November. 

Its our first night home and she won’t settle in her bedside crib and only wants to sleep on my chest i know this isn’t recommended and I’m so tried I’m frightened to fall asleep in case she rolls off........any tips for a tired anxious first time mum?! I’m also breast feeding and hoping when milk comes in she will be easier to settle in her crib.

Congratulations everyone one all these gorgeous babies and those waiting it won’t be long so enjoy that sleep!! 

Ps anyone else obsessed with room temperatures and layering 🤣

• Hey! Chelsea We were told we couldnt make a load of bottles apparently the milk goes off after 2 hours so this is why it needs to be made there and then. 

Loobyloo congrats she’s beautiful :) we are starting to see are wee one just getting like this very hard to put down into her basket we have been putting her down either when she’s out cold or when she’s awake during the day just to get her back used it. Yeah about the room temperature and layering as we were told we had her to warm and then too cold in the hospital but all of a sudden she was fine. We just feel her chest when we think she looks warm now :) 

• gorgeous babies!!!

My partner is OBSESSED with the room temperature - we bought a gro egg and they are brilliant! Really reccommend them. 

The first night we Bought Ada home (after 4 days in hospita) we were anxious about layerin, but we have been wrapping her loosely in a blanket and then a cotton one over the top - she seems pretty content and can kick the covers off if she needs to. She doesn’t like being swaddled!

i love seeing her little personality develop everyday. She is so funny! 

Hard not to worry though! Ada has thrush and had a sore tummy already as we were both put on antibiotics to be treated for sepsis as my infection markers were high and they basically Treated us as a precautio. My poor baby! 

Breastfeeding is going well so far - Ada usually wants feeding every 3/4 hours, but it seems to be more frequent the last 2 days! I worry I don’t have the milk supply she needs but im Sure she would let us know if she wasnt getting enough! Xxx

• Hey everyone! So this is quite an honest post from me but was just wondering if anyone else is feeling the same. Olivia is now 3 weeks old any my husband and my mum have gone back to work. On the weekends I feel ok as I’ve got family around me. But the weekdays and especially today I feel so lonely and isolated. I hate being stuck in the house always have done but the fact that ive now got a newborn baby it takes me so long to get out I wonder if it’s worth the effort. Don’t get me wrong I am besotted with my daughter but was never prepared for the darker side of motherhood and how it can make you feel. I have suffered with depression in the past. But could it really be depression if I’m so happy and upbeat at the weekends and when I’ve got family around me 

• Hi cat,

i feel so much better even if I just pop to the local shop or for A walk around the block with Ada. It took me 2 hours longer than expected to get out but it’s important to get some fresh air! Have you looked into any local clubs? Coffee mornings? Mother and toddler groups? I haven’t yet but I will be over the next few weeks. 

where abouts do you live? I’m based in Sutton Surrey... if not too far maybe a few of us could meet somewhere for a coffee? xx

• Yeah where is everyone ?! I wouldnt mind meeting for coffee with anyone I’m north west Blackpool xx

• Catj21 I remember feeling exactly the same with our first, it's such a big change and something not many people will tell you about. I remember being stuck at home and feeling like during the week I had noone but the baby. Once you take that first step and get out of the house things will get better 😘 

You'll find there's so many other mums who are feeling just as lonely and need a mummy friend to talk to 😊

Also remember it's still early days so give yourself time and know it's completely normal to feel the way you're feeling 🤗 big hugs all the way from New Zealand 💚

• I totally understand Catj. I just keep reminding myself that its not forever. Once the doctor has signed me off im heading straight back to netball and the gym for some 'me time'. Its such a good opportunity to bond with your little one. They grow so quick 😱

Sending hugs 

• Hi everyone, we hope you're all ok?
    Just a little reminder, the November 2018 Babies thread is underway - GH29 has just posted over there, so we'd love you all to come and join it. 

• imageLittle Phoebe made her arrival at 8.20am, 28/11/18 by emergency c section. 7lb 10oz. Totally besotted xx

• Congratulations to all the new mums, beautiful babies!

My baby’s name is Chloe Valentina and here she is at 8 days oldimage

She is 3 weeks old now, last 3 nights slept only 2-3 hours at a time, before it was 4-5. She sleeps with me in bed, I tried the basket but she wouldn’t take it, and at this age it would be traumatic for her to let it “cry it out”, you can’t train a newborn, the cortex is not fully formed and they are about survival only, this article, especially point 5 at the end explains it better. There is a lot of other research about this too

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/moral-landscapes/201407/parents-misled-cry-it-out-sleep-training-reports

I leave her in the basket when she’s is ok with it, during the day, when she is already asleep etc. I plan to slowly teach her to sleep alone, but when it will be age appropriate.

Regarding being alone, I definitely understand, Cat, I’ll be alone too from next week and I know it’s going to be though :/. Being out helps, also using the time when she sleeps to read, watch a film. This weather is been so bad the last few days though couldn’t get out, don’t mind the rain but it’s too windy, I’m in Basingstoke.

• GORGEOUS BABIES!! 

Cristina, how do you sleep with Chloe in bed? Ada won’t settle in her crib all of a sudden. She was going down fine for 3-4 hours then a feed then back down but She hasn’t let me put her down for 2 days. I’ve been bringing her into bed with me but my partner gets really worried! Advice would be great so we can all get some sleep! I tried her in the sleepy head in bed with us last night and she still wouldn’t settle unless we are holding her Xx

• we have an extra bedroom and I sleep alone with her, only during the weekends my partner sleeps with us, as he wants to sleep with her too, but I’m more stressed then. He also changes her so that helps me to get more sleep. We sleep at the far end of the bed as much as possible and don’t share blankets.

When she is not feeding I put her to sleep on her back, no pillow for her and a clean muslin sheet under her so she won’t  touch the bedsheet, which is clean too but still; when she is feeding she is on her side facing me, or better said the boob :). I move her from my left to my right when we switch boobs. I moved a chest of drawers to one side of the bed so she won’t fall over, I know it can’t happen now because she can’t move on her own, but I feel better this way.  

She shares my blanket as I’m worried he might cover her accidentally, I only cover her until her middle and her hands are out. 

Otherwise I feel we have a light sleep now, I was very stressed the first week but now I’m ok, she doesn’t move at all during sleep, and I don’t either, I’m either facing her or sometimes on my back, and I always wake up before I move.