Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in November 2019

1464748495052»

Replies

• DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited May 13, 2019 9:02AM

Hi everyone, we've just noticed this thread has gone way over the 1k posts mark which is great, but it's getting a bit hard to load on some devices and tricky to keep up with, so we've kicked you off a new continuation thread. 

CONTINUATION THREAD HERE! 

Please click on the new thread and hit the green star next to the title to bookmark it! 

We'll close this thread in a day or so, but we want to give everyone the chance to see this post.  
  • @EvelynsMummy6390 @Bluehawaii90

Im currently due 29th Nov too so one of the last ones like both of you. My original date was 28th Nov and then my early scan put me to 4th Dec (so I joined the Dec birth club) and now I’m just floating between the two. Oops! I imagine I’ll give birth in Dec though x 
  • This probably a stupid question, but it's my little ones birthday on Thursday, does anyone know if we can go on a farm while pregnant? 😂 I have of course googled it, but I've got mixed answers. 
  • @Bluehawaii90 I'd say you'll be fine but we aren't meant to touch animal faeces etc. I'd just avoid touching the animals if at all possible? I'm sure someone else will come in with a more educated answer. (We took the wee one to the local dairy farm yesterday to see the cows and have ice cream but didn't touch) 
  • It's to do with toxoplasmosis from what I'm aware. Sorry sent last answer before I was done. Could you take hand gel, I always have one in my changing bag just incase! 
  • Don't know about you, but the best part of going to a farm is picking up animal poo...😂🤣 Yeah that's where I was with it. I'll try to avoid licking the livestock lol 

I even carry wipes, hand gel and plasters in my own bag when I don't have the changing bag at work lol you get used to lugging random crap around don't you 😁
  • @Bluehawaii90 we have a farm and it’s a nightmare at the minute. You’ll be fine going but DO NOT touch any young lambs/calves or any sheep/cows that are ready to lamb/calve, and ideally don’t let anyone with you touch them. Also make sure you properly wash your hands after touching anything 
  • @Bluehawaii90 it's hard but try not to 😂

@LadyF-B I knew someone on here would know what the right answer was. Must be hard not to touch the babies though! 
  • LadyF-B said:
    @Bluehawaii90 we have a farm and it’s a nightmare at the minute. You’ll be fine going but DO NOT touch any young lambs/calves or any sheep/cows that are ready to lamb/calve, and ideally don’t let anyone with you touch them. Also make sure you properly wash your hands after touching anything 
    Its just a small farm up at Chatsworth so I guess they are used to growing families. I'm so sick of the scaremongering that suggests not to fart in a certain decibel for risk of damaging the babies hearing. That maybe an exaggeration. But I bet someone has asked if it is dangerous. On a serious note, I abstained from liquorice all-sorts because internet scared me lol I asked the doctor, she laughed and said as long as I don't eat raw liquorice root, I'll be fine. Same as dandelion and burdock. It is a wonder how humanity survived all these years without Google isn't it? 😂

Thanks for the advice, a third family day out shall be had this week but no licking animals. 
  • Hi everyone. Would you like the chance to review and keep this Phil & Teds buggy worth £449? Just head to Latest Discussions to find out all the details.  
  • Evening Ladies, 

Back from the baby show £600 lighter 🤐 we saw a travel system we really liked, Roma Moda with maxi-cosi cabriofix baby seat. We also got their compact stroller, Roma Capsule, for my daughter as she will only be 2 and a half when the baby comes, we figured that way we can have both in a pushchair for town shopping and long walks. 

Show was good though, lots of freebies inc. mam bottle, dummy etc. 
  • @Bluehawaii90 fab you got a system you love! Hubby says I'm not buying anything until 16 weeks this time but I'll never last. I got the cutest little Spanish baby outfits the other day, one girls and one boys - ill cover all bases and put both in my hospital bag since we aren't finding out :) 
  • Ladies are anyone else's emotions getting the better of them just now? I'm due back to work on Monday and I keep tearing up when I think about it, even though I won't be back for long. I'm just past 12 weeks and the tiredness has gotten totally insane the last week or so too. Hoping getting back into a routine will help a little! 
  • @EvelynsMummy6390 I’m coming up to 14 weeks and my tiredness improved but has really hit me again bad this late week to 10 days. Also been very emotional, but I put that down to be stressed with loads of work and being over-tired. Hoping I will hit the magic 14 week mark and start to blossom!!! 
  • @EvelynsMummy6390 @LadyF-B let’s hope that’s true. I’m so tired all the time and I’m only working part time self employed at the moment. 13 weeks tomorrow and still have nausea and ms, can’t wait for this magical spurt of energy to arrive!
  • @LivyLouby here's hoping. Although my sickness never went last time so hoping for the best case scenario where its not all day every day 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions