Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019

Pregnancy after miscarriage

Hi all! Long story short, im pregnant pretty much a year to the day I got pregnant last year, unfortunately it ended in a MMC and D&C at 7+6. Im due (I think) 11th November this year, its been confirmed im pregnant by the doctors and the first day of my last period was 4.02.19.

My question is: how likely is it to miscarry again?

I dont think I could face another heartbreak! Congratulations to everyone ❤ 

Replies

• Hey Mumstar, congrats lovely! 
    I believe the stats are, if you have suffered one miscarriage, this DOES NOT make you any more likely to suffer another one, so soak it up and pray for a sticky one - right now you are pregnant, enjoy it lovely x
  • I'm in the exact same boat only my mc started 5 weeks ago I'm now pregnant with a new one and they told me to start the dates from when my mc bleed started so 5 weeks ago. I've been so anxious as I didn't think I had ovulated (opks told me I hadnt). I've done a ton of research and they say having a recurrent miscarriage ie back to back or one after another only 1 to 2% of women experience it although you still have the same odds as before of mc so 1 in 5 does that make sense? Normally mc is considered a one time event and go on to have healthy pregnancies. Just trying not to panic about my lack of symptoms though as I'm extremely early.
    Good luck to you
    Xx
  • Thank you both of you, so far so good and 5 weeks, having a scan next week to ease my mind. So excited ! Anyone having symptoms yet? X
  • Just some cramps on and off and the slightest sore boobs  no nausea or anything yet not sure if that's worrying sign or not. Don't think they'll give me an early scan unless I get more pain or bleeding how about You? Xx
  • Nausea and tiredness, slightly sore boobs and cramps :) I requested after a miscarriage last year xxx
  • Might do that myself if I don't start showing more symptoms soon as this is pretty similar to how I felt when I mc only the cramps were more severe. Good luck to you hun xx
  • And to you hun, let me know how it goes xx