Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019

Due in November 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• @EvelynsMummy6390 and @Nikkinarno thanks both! That’s really helpful. Xx 
  • Very much agree with the "don't tiptoe around them". So many people I know do it and they end up with a baby that can't be left with anyone, you can't get on with anything etc. It just doesn't work in the long run! The first month or so, she woke during the day every 3-4 hours for 3,4 then 5 ounces of milk as the weeks went on. We didn't put her down for her proper bedtime until about 4 months but we never struggled with her. In terms of her waking in the night, we would wake her up when we went to sleep for a last feed (usually around 10 as hubby had to be up for work) and that would usually have her go through to 6am. Most morning she would go back to sleep until 8 or 9! So I was getting more sleep on maternity leave than I do now! 

Also one thing that we did that a few friends thought was a bit odd, we both got up in the night with her. Hubby would change her nappy while I went downstairs to make the milk. With a quick boil kettle the milk was done within 1 minute and cool enough within 3 so I was back upstairs within a few minutes of her waking up. 99% she would go straight back to sleep after winding too. Im not expecting it to work this time around, but we'll definitely be trying the same again. 

Now we stick to a strict routine. Upstairs before cbeebies finishes, bath around 18:45, 1-2 books and she's started this week having her milk in a cup. We never have any trouble with her settling and usually goes from 19:20ish through to 6:40 at the earliest. That's with an hour nap at nursery usually around 11ish. 
  • Hi ladies I woke twice in the night with my stomach aching like it was all tight and uncomfortable, has anyone else had it? X
  • @Loz27 I've been really tight and sore on and off (mainly on) for about 4 days. I gave in and rang my midwife yesterday who said it's probably just braxton hicks and baby in a weird position but I'll be feeling it worse as a second pregnancy. She recommended a bath and some cocodamol or paracetamol. I'm to call back if it doesn't improve after 24 hours of painkillers or i have a reduction in movement.

If you're really concerned give triage a ring, they were lovely yesterday and it does put your mind at rest
  • It’s totally fine now an I have felt her kick this morning but it was just so uncomfortable in the night, I might give them a call on my lunch if they answer at weekend x
  • Morning, I’m only getting a hard stomach and sometimes sore if I need a wee!!

I had another midwife appt yesterday for bloods but when she asked me about movement and I said she had been quiet for a couple of days, I was still feeling kicks, but not her usual active self she sent off to FAU, so we were there yesterday afternoon. As soon as they put the monitor on she started dancing!! They said if I go again I’ll go from low to high risk 😏

Midwife did tell me they dont ‘count kicks’ anymore though! Wish I could keep up! Its just down to us and what we feel is and isnt normal. 
  • Hi all, really struggling here this weekend and today. So tired! We took the dog for a walk on Saturday afternoon but I could hardly keep up. All Sunday I was aching and still slightly today. I'm getting lots of kick right down at my pelvis and right under my ribs. The internet seems to think that means he could have turned head down already 🙄 

I'm generally feeling a bit achey, bump is constantly itching as well. 15 weeks to go....
  • NikkinarnoNikkinarno Regular
    edited Aug 20, 2019 7:26AM
    @Bluehawaii90 I was feeling the same over the weekend, everything seemed to be aching,I felt like I’d done a workout at the gym the day before, and same with the positioning I was told he was head down at my last scan, which I knew as I could feel him very low, but I know he has moved a few times since then so not sure if he is still head down , but he has a good few weeks yet before he runs out of room to decide which way he wants to be. I have another scan next week so we will see what he is up too.
    im actually feeling this pregnancy weather it’s due to my age or running round after after the other but this pregnancy is totally different, than any of my others. I’ll be 26 weeks on Friday which I was when I had my son 4 years ago, so I’m starting to panic slightly, I had my daughter at 28 weeks too 3 years ago.
    im just concentrating on little mile stones now 26, weeks, 28 weeks ect but I’ll be happy to get to at least 32 weeks this time around.
    ive decided that once I get that first pain I’m going to jump in the car and drive to the hospital as my labours last 30 mins ish! 
    Ive just got everything crossed he stays inside cooking away as long as possible 🙏🤞
  • Have you already got your hospital bag ready? Lol I saw my suitcase this morning and thought I'd have to sort mine out over the coming weeks. I went over to 41 weeks we my daughter so anything after 37/38 weeks I'm good for. Problem is, we've planned mother in law's 70th birthday party for the 17th November, I'm due 30th so could be an interesting end to the party 🤣
  • Yes my bag and baby’s bag all packed I did it a few weeks ago lol, I’m just waiting new dressing gown and travel hair dryer to be delivered pop them in and that’s it. so because I’m organised now hopefully I’ll not need it. Yes my first was 41 weeks too, my next 3 were 37+5 them the preterms  started 😕
    oh yes imagine that what a party piece that would be ha 🤣. 

• I’ve got my friends 30 birthday on my due date so that should be fun 😂

im shattered recently. I went to rugby match on Saturday and the day after hubby referred to me as a walking zombie. I’ve gone tidying up crazy any mess drives me loopy. I’ve decided we need to sort all spare bedrooms in the house before baby comes. 11.5 weeks to go!

anyone had the glucose test? I’m doing mine now.
  • I had gestational diabetes in my last two pregnancies so they didn’t bother with the test this time around, I’m currently on 5 injections per day of insulin but to be honest the needles are really small in comparison to the tinzaparin blood thinner daily injections, there monsters 🙃
  • I hope I don’t have it as I’m not a fan of needles, I’m dreading the next one in an hour or so 😬

i loved The drink though!
  • NikkinarnoNikkinarno Regular
    edited Aug 20, 2019 9:08AM
    Ewww 🤮 I hated that drink lol 😂
  • I had the glucose test done at 25wks all was ok, 
    ladies what have you packed in your hospital bags? I could do with a guide lol x
  • I'm sure one of this group said they work in HR? 

I want to drop my hours down to 4 days a week because I'm so tired and I'm still having the palpitations. HR are saying the only way I can do it is to submit a flexitime request, which I can only do once in 12 months which means I wouldn't be able to change my hours for coming back to work after maternity leave. 

Our team are pretty backwards at the best of times, just wondered if anyone might be able to advise? 
  • https://www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights

There is a small section on hours in this link
  • @Loz27 I’ve packed everything you can think of 😂
    2 nights 
    1 pair pjs
    3 vest tops
    2 leggings
    dressing gown
    socks and BIG knickers and bras 
    2 bath sheet towels 
    toiletries, shampoo conditioner Deidra toothbrush ect
    hair brush, bobbles and clips 
    hairdryer
    make up bag
    nail file and clippers 
    plenty of sanitary towels
    phone charger
    paracetamol
    pile cream 🤣 (just in case)
    theres probrably more just carnt remember lol

the baby has his own separate case 🤣 as mind is full to the brim

• @Bluehawaii90 it was me! I’m Head of HR for my sins! 

If im honest, they’re just being inflexible. The one request per 12 months if their own policy and not guided by legislation so they could choose to flex this a little if they wish. Typically flexible working requests can take a while to be decided too so actually you may find they ‘grant’ your request a few weeks before Mat leave should you go down this route.

additionally, it’s taken that the request becomes a contractual change (I.e) perm so really this route seems excessive as you’d be then need a second contract change just to go back to normal! 

Id maybe go back to them and say something that as it’s only an interim arrange for however many weeks, can it be considered a different way x 
  • Oh hello typos! I meant interim arrangement x
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions