Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2019 - Part 2

1444546474850»

Replies

• Options
    @Witmore26 I also really like cake 😂
  • Options
    😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Talking of cake, my husband just made me eat a second chocolate eclair since they went out of date today. I said if I have GD then it's his fault. 

Have you ladies been getting weird dreams? I dreamt last night that Jamie Dornan was leaving his wife for me 🤣🤣🤣 
  • Options
    Bluehawaii90Bluehawaii90 Regular
    edited Sep 11, 2019 11:36AM
    So I just had the worst midwife appointment ever. Short of passing out at the blood test, I had to go and lay down as I started pouring with sweat, couldn't hear properly and felt faint. I'm at work and feeling crap so I might go home. She said I'm measuring big at 30cm for 28+4, but has told me to come back in 2 weeks, not put me for growth scans etc. @EvelynsMummy6390 did you get anything like that? I thought I remembered you saying they were worried yours would be big? Mine keep mentioning it, but not actually doing anything...
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 I've had similar symptoms this time (dizzy, blurry vision etc.) but my midwife seems unconcerned and says it's down to not eating or drinking often enough.

I'm going for growth scans for this baby but so far baby is measuring bang on average (or small if you factor in how long he/she is). My bump is measuring ahead though by about a week same as last time. Can you ask to be referred for a scan to check up on everything? Even just a one off scan to check on size.

If baby is big do you think they'll start you early? I've specifically asked not to be, unless baby is scary big and likely to get stuck x
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 Oh no :-( !!!! Yes go home and take it easy. I worked from home after my GD test for a few hours as I felt really drained but I think it was just the not eating for a while for me. Sorry to hear you had such a crap time :-(. Not sure about the growth scan bit? I feel like I look big but my GD results came back all normal on Friday. My initial urine tested showed ++. I think quite a few ladies are getting picked up on sugar and referred for the GD test. Hope all comes back ok for you and that you feel better later.

Also laughed at your Jamie Dornan dream 😂. He actually got married in the same venue I got married at and I think he stayed in the bride/groom suite where I stayed also 😂. He is nice isn’t he! 😂😍
  • Options
    edited Sep 11, 2019 12:57PM
    I've come home to put feet up before little one bounces in from Nursery at 15:30. I feel a bit better for it to be honest. I was off yesterday with this horrible cold that hubby and daughter have had so I think it's a bit of feeling poorly and a midwife doing a bad blood test. I've been fine all the others, just a bit dramatic this time 😂

She measured right down to the middle of my pubic bone, I thought it was supposed to be on the crease where it starts if you know what I mean? With any luck, I'll go in two weeks and it will be all false alarm. They did say I might have to have the gtt, but with any luck not. My BMI was 29 at booking in so they said I wouldn't need it, but they seem to be back tracking lol urine tests were clear, blood pressure fine... Why do they take the due date from the first day of your last period!? Did anyone ever get pregnant on that day!? 

I'm good with nice pregnancy dreams like that, it's the weird ones I don't like. I'm trying to convince hubby to take me to see the Downton abbey film this weekend, I know he will, but he's going to but I'll never hear the end of it 😂
  • Options
    I know it may be a little early but I’ve just packed our hospital bags and I’m so giddy now 🙈 May have overpacked too 🤣 
  • Options
    @Lucyros3x better overpacked than underpacked!

The thought of packing my bag seems odd, can't believe it's so soon 
  • Options
    Ladies, I'm struggling. I'm really bunged up with cold given to me by hubby and daughter. The chemist says I can't have anything to decongest just to try steam. It's not doing it for me lol I make a lot of soap etc so I have peppermint oil to hand, does anyone know if it's safe to put in a steamy bath? I called the dr's and he said "I don't see why not" but then when I googled it, some say yes some say no. 

@DanielleMFM are there any made for mums guides on essential oils? 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 what about the Asda baby vapour bath? If it's suitable for wee babies surely it's OK for pregnancy too? Only bubble bath I've ever heard to avoid was radox (blue I think) because it has castor or something in it! 
  • Options
    @Bluehawaii90 Snap! I’ve got a horrible cold and feel awful today. I’m getting a bit crampy aswell when I’m getting up and walking around. My belly feels really tight xxx
  • Options
    Hey @Bluehawaii90
    Sorry you're feeling rubbish. We have this article, hopefully helpful? 
    https://www.madeformums.com/pregnancy/are-essential-oils-and-aromatherapy-safe-in-pregnancy/
  • Options
    Thanks, just had a quick scan and I reckon peppermint is about the only oil not listed 😂
  • Options
    Has anyone bought a sling or a baby carrier? I would like one but don’t want one that costs the earth! 
  • Options
    edited Sep 16, 2019 10:29AM
    We bought the little bird one for £60 from Mothercare when my daughter was just coming up to a year, used it twice before she started walking so it's still in perfect condition for this baby. It's denim and rainbow so unisex, got about 4 different positions and is good for newborn up to about 3. Not that you'll be carrying a 3 year old on your back like...they are fricken heavy lol  I'm tempted by one of those t-shirt material type ones, for quick nip outs to the shops. I'm a short arse at 5ft 2, so trying to get around Aldi with a baby car seat strapped on to the trolley was a task of its own, I could never see where I was going!! Also nursery pick up might be easier to just pop him in the thing without having to fart around with clips here there and everywhere. That's what I found hard with the carrier for my daughter, I could only use it when hubby was around as he would have to strap me up lmao
  • Options
    The T-shirt ones - Is that the wrap ones? They look complicated but I am quite tempted as they look all cwtched in 
  • Options
    This type 

There are actually instructions online (I do a bit of sewing now and again, enough to say i own a sewing machine lol) on how to make one from a length of cotton but not sure about it lol I knitted him a blanket already but something that supports his entire weight? 😬
  • Options
    Hey everyone, we've just noticed this thread is about to hit 1k posts, so we've kicked you off a new one. 
    Please head on over to the continuation thread here and we'll close this one in a day or so. 
  • Options
    Closing this thread now peeps. 
    Continuation thread right here. 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions