Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Yeah id forgotten about that weird feeling afterwards lol the entire back of my pelvis felt like it was completely wide open! And laying on my side was a complete NO because everything felt out of place.

I've put two nighties on my "ready to grab" pile until I've packed it all properly. One weird thing was they just slopped Harper straight onto my t-shirt, no warning and ruined a perfectly good maternity T-Shirt 😂 I was thinking this time to ask if I could use one of their gowns for actual delivery because baby goo and blood gets everywhere...then you're the poor sod who has to open THAT carrier bag to put in the washer a few days later. We actually just left the bag sealed and threw it in the bin lol I figure this way I can then change into my own stuff after. 
  • Anyone getting any early pregnancy symptoms. These past few days I’m feeling so sick, carnt eat, dizzy, metallic taste coming and going, it feels like I’ve just got pregnant with the symptoms.
    im having tightenings all day everyday which actually stop me in my tracks and twice to the point where over the past week I’ve thought oh this is it🙃 doesn’t matter how many times you have had a baby you still panic as your due date gets near.
  • I keep having that nasty taste, I just thought I'd brushed too hard or something! Some days are worse than others for BH contractions. I had one last night that really scared me, Id just turned over to get comfy in bed and felt it starting, but it actually tightened so much it felt right to breathe...it only happened once for about 30 seconds but i've never had it where it got my chest too??

I've managed to complain to my midwife and get my scan brought forward to tomorrow afternoon so at least I'm not worrying all the weekend. 

I've found in worrying a lot more in this pregnancy than I did with my first. I've always struggled with Anxiety but this time I'm really worried something will go wrong. I just get the sense that I was lucky last time, which I know is completely stupid. 
  • @Neenaricci glad to hear baby is putting on weight! Hope she grows lots in next 2 weeks!! 
  • Officially on maternity leave now! 😁 benefits of self-employment. 5 weeks to go, so will probably still end up doing some work from home lol
  • @LivyLouby me too! It feels too quick to be finishing up but heres to 5 weeks with my big girly 😍! Got a lovely hamper from work too and she's stolen the dummies and hidden them in her cot 😂
  • Just got back from my 38+3 midwife appointment :) everything is good, mentioned about my pains and she said it’s a great start things are happening. Because of my pgp she’s booked to come to my house on my due date to do a sweep. That is, if she doesn’t come beforehand 😍
  • @Lucyros3x fab news that things are happening 😍, baby might be here sooner rather than later!

I had my 35 week appointment today. They're running extra tests on my sample to see if there's a reason I've been spotting. Also baby is still sitting with their head in my ribcage so had a quick discussion about an ECV. Scan next week so they'll check then and if baby has turned ill be discharged from the consultant, if not they want to continue scans but I'm fairly confident all will be OK x
  • I’m there tomorrow, she booked me in for a due date sweep the last time I was there but didn’t mention coming to me so I assume I’m going to the surgery x
  • Also just got back from my appointment at the hospital, growth scan. They say his head is measuring 36 weeks, tummy measuring 38 w but I'm still 34 weeks!?!? Htf does that work. We waited over an hour in the antenatal clinic to have a 2 minute chat in the corridor with a nurse who "normally works in induction" but is helping out because it's busy....😣 Anyway, they said I haven't got too much fluid, I have around 11cm, they only get concerned around the 23cm mark. So that's my midwife getting a telling off from me next week stressing me out without real reason! 

I'm back in 3 weeks (13th Nov) for another scan but they said he's still following that top line as he always has done. They estimated that he's currently 6lb 11 but then said that it can be as much as 20% out... I give up lol

• Ladies, have any of you not had your hormones up and down. I’m normally a crier in general (could easily cry at Home and Away 😉) but through pregnancy mine have been the opposite, and I’m on season 3 of Call The Midwife this morning and not cried once - I’m just watching the one where Camilla’s Mom is dying of Cancer and I’ve been through that in real life myself and still no tears 🥺 - is that normal?? 🙈
  • I can't have a "discussion" with hubby at the minute without crying. Usually it gets more heated before I start crying, but the other day he said he might only be able to get 1 week of paternity leave so would have to take the rest as holiday and I managed to cry at that lol 

• Oh bless your husband, I bet he doesnt know what to do with himself!🙊
  • My emotions was all over the place for ages but seemed to have settled down for a while, I got abit yeary last night just sat thinking as it’s a year tomorrow since we lost our angel baby x
  • Alright, I've had enough. Wtf is this baby doing? 🤣
  • 1 week until my due date! These past few weeks have flown! Surprised we’ve not had any babies yet :) 
  • 2 weeks today for me. We still havent got our new house fully carpeted or straight yet and all of little lady’s things are still at my Dad’s so she needs to stay put for at least 10 days! 🙈

I also havent been doing my perinum massage, or trying to massage my boobs to express some colostrum. I’m also starting to have moments of absolute panic and worry thinking I’ll have full responsibility of a tiny human and I’m not going to know what do, what if I am shit at motherhood and not maternal after all 😫😫 
  • Every time I see a comment I think it's the first baby arrived! It's only a matter of time. I still have 4 weeks and I've done nothing. Waiting for this scan on Wednesday to see if the little devil is going to stay breech or if they've turned. My little lady got me up at 4.30 this morning so I'm knackered and she came into our bed and was kicking the bump when she was thrashing about which has made me super sore. Bump put up a good fight kicking her back though!

@Witmore26 I wouldn't worry too much about the perineum/boob massage. I did neither with my first and didn't have a problem at birth or with colostrum - except for the whole her refusing point blank to latch! You'll be a great mum, people are fill of advice but you'll find your own way to parent that suits you and baby! The only thing I'm planning on doing is pulling out the bouncing ball if baby has turned.

We just got home from babyballet and I think I'm going to go back to bed until lunch - I'm knackered 😂
  • Honestly we can't believe it either, that none of these babies have shown up early yet too! 
    Maybe they've all been waiting for this? Here is your Due in November 2019 Big Birth Announcement Thread. Please use it to tell us about your labour and birth and share your pics - and don't forget to click the green star next to the thread title so you don't miss out on any announcements. 
  • I've gone back to being exhausted again. We are toilet training mini me in hope of her almost being out of pull ups before baby is here and today she's doing really well, except she will only use the upstairs bathroom 😩 she's been awake since 6:20 and although we both managed to have a nap from 10:30 to just after 12 I'm sat here with Mary Poppins on dropping off 😂 I've managed to convince her and the dog to chill out for a bit... There are many pairs of feet on this sofa lol 

We also made Halloween biscuits this morning, just straight forward shortbread ones. I keep having to stop myself knocking them as little one wants to save some for the grand parents tonight lol

Had an awful pain earlier, it was like a stitch but right over my hip, I came and sat down for a bit. I could feel something shifting around so I think maybe he had stretched a leg out or something. Have we all had about enough now? I know I have!