Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2019

Due in November 2019 - Part 3

Replies

• Witmore26 said:
    @LivyLouby i was due on the 10th. Declined my first smear at 39 weeks, and accepted one at 40 + 5. She said I was 2cm at that appt, and my cervix was moving forward - that was the Friday. I had no signs of anything, no after pains or bleeding. Sunday morning I had my bloody show then waters broke Monday! So dont lose hope by having no signs!! Fingers crossed you go naturally 🤞🏻
    Got my first sweep on Tuesday at 40+2 so fingers crossed 🤞 really don’t want to be induced as I want to use the birth pool and you can’t if they have to put you on hormone drip or monitor baby
  • Really hoping all these sweeps due are successful. Mine is Saturday morning but I don't feel like it will work. Bump still doesn't appear to have dropped in my opinion, had hardly any BH this week and I'm starting to think it's not been plug coming away and I've just had loads of discharge! Fully expect to hear I'm not dilated at all! 

Has anyone still expecting been struggling a lot the last couple of days? I've been fine throughout pregnancy with just the odd nap but the last 2 days everyone is commenting how tired I look, my eyes sting and I'm struggling to keep them open. Today I convinced hubby to let me go back to bed for a bit after breakfast, where I remained until I had to get up and make lunch. I then had to lie down again while he bathed her and I'm now in bed ready to sleep by 10.30pm which is virtually unheard of! 

• Either 38 + 4 or 40 + 4 🤦 still piling the cream on in hope of the stretch marks not being so bad once he's out but I've got weird ones this time. I've a couple at the side which you probably see, but they've gone horizonal this time, like sand when the tide has gone out! Ignore the shagging reindeer jumper btw, we just pulled the Christmas jumpers out, it's not mine 😂

Midwife felt earlier and still not enhance, just sat on my pelvis bone (like I can't feel!) I think I'll be taking the induction on Sunday, however much it will upset me. 
  • @Witmore26 Congratulations! Beautiful baby girl and I love the name too.

Looking forward to the next baby announcement ❤️.

@Bluehawaii90 Don’t worry if you do have to be induced, mine happened quite quickly with the pessary, I wasn’t convinced it would work but my waters broke about 6 hours after and we were in business. Is this your first baby? Mine was my first. I did do lots of walking around the hospital after being induced which I think did help? Hope you are doing ok @EvelynsMummy6390 and @LivyLouby too ❤️ (And anyone else that I may have missed off who’s waiting ❤️) xxx
  • @MrsG101 it's my second, he already has a 2 year old sister anticipating his arrival next week lol she said last night "my going to be a big grandma!" And wasnt convinced by us telling her she wasn't 😂

Were you allowed off the ward while waiting? We have a Costa that is literally next door to the labour suite! 
  • When did everyone get their sweeps booked on? My next midwife appointment is next Thu at 40+1 and no sweep has been mentioned so far. I’m hoping she will just do it then for me rather than having to get another booked in? Since 24 weeks or whenever I’ve had a different midwife each appointment so everything has been inconsistent and a bit all over the place. Feeling a little neglected! X 
  • @Lpop there's a good chance she will just do it for you at the next appointment. Mine isn't booked as such, she just said she would probably give it a go if I'm showing signs of dilation. Most of the time they won't touch you until your due date, I'm getting mine 2 days early because she's on holiday after Saturday 😂.

I've been up since 5am with major cramps and in and out of the loo. I don't think it's labour but starting to suspect a clear out is starting and I've had a tonne of discharge. I'm just out the bath with has helped a bit but still twinging. Or maybe I ate something dodgy yesterday? Who knows! 
  • Oooh @EvelynsMummy6390 keeping my fingers crossed for you! How are you feeling now?

@Bluehawaii90 I had to stay on the ward after being induced. I think some hospitals do let you go home though? Xxx
  • Thanks @EvelynsMummy6390 that makes me feel better. Last thing I want is to have to wait for another appointment 😭
  • @Lpop defo, just hoping I'm dilated enough for them to do it!
    @MrsG101 I have backache and unreal pressure down there but the iffy tummy has stopped. I'm so convinced nothings going on I've booked me and the wee one into an arts and crafts class in the morning and arranged a playdate 😂
  • 😂😂😂 @EvelynsMummy6390 Oh my god! 😆🙈 I hope it’s not too far from the hosp just in case 😂! I really do think your body is doing something? My pain was all in my back too? Maybe there will be even more progression through the night 🤞🏻😁 xxx
  • @MrsG101 I'm going by the logic that even if something happens I'll stick my hospital bag in the car in the morning and we would have time to get there before it was too late 😂. I can't stand the thought of just hanging about the house waiting!

How are you and Sophia getting along? I'm so jealous of all the ladies who have their bundles already ❤️
  • Sooooo I’m getting induced in a few hours! Wasn’t expecting this 😂

Baby was a little quiet last night and this morning, and then had what they think was my show so they’re going to move things along for me. Omgggg 
  • @Lpop good luck, hope its a fast labour for you x
  • @Lpop Yay! It won’t be long now❤️😄❤️!

@EvelynsMummy6390 Yes Sophia is doing well thank you. We had our day 10 midwife app today, she was very good. We are just having some cuddles whilst mummy tucked into a nice box of chocolates ❤️😆 xxx
  • @Lpop hope all is OK!

@MrsG101 you definitely deserve that box of chocolates.

I had my sweep at 9am today and as predicted nothing. Some severe discomfort for a few hours, lots of pressure, even a bit of really jelly like plug, then I had to run to the toilet around 3 and nothing since. In my head I knew it wouldn't work but still a bit disappointed anyway. I'm 2cm dilated, very soft and I'm sure she said about 50% effaced so hopefully I don't go TOO much longer. 39+5 today. 
  • Evening ladies, I feel like tonight is my last night of freedom! I'm to call up the induction ward at 7am to get a time to go in 😬 honestly though, I am bricking it. I think it's because I've been through it before, I've sort of an idea what to expect. 

We took little one out for Pizza this afternoon and she's been good as gold all day. She knows her gran is coming to watch her tomorrow because mummy and daddy have to go to the doctor's to try and get her baby brother but I'm dreading having to say goodbye to her in the morning. There's no way I'm going to get through it without crying, which will make her ask me if I'm ok 😭

I've just lost about 5cm worth of plug (I think anyway) on the loo so maybe I'll beat them to it tomorrow! Or at least be in a better position anyway.
  • @Bluehawaii90 good luck for tomorrow! It’s my due date tomorrow but still no signs, don’t think I’ve even lost any plug 😩 at this rate, my friend who’s due on Dec 14th will beat me to it!
  • @Bluehawaii90 good luck for tomorrow! Hopefully it's a nice straight forward induction for you!

@LivyLouby I know the feeling. Any idea how many baby's we're left expecting now? I feel like I'll definitely go the full 2 weeks over now 
  • Also, those who had sweeps, were you given your Bishops score? Mine was 5 and she said it wouldn't be far off them breaking my waters if need be, but from reading online 5 is considered unfavourable 😭. Did anyone find their sweep helped up the score a wee bit?