Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020

Replies

• Options
    Thank you @wjl and @Welshmami2018 I'm sure us first timers will be asking you lots.

Excited but more nervous 😬 just hope it's all ok in there.

@rainbows01 not seen you comment for a while hope all is ok. I saw this and remembered that you had thought this could be the case 😫

• Options
    I’m happy to answer any questions too ☺️ 
    @SunshineB I’m also 1st nov but we’d love you to stay in this group :) with my daughter I was due 02.01 and she was born 08.01 and people who were due middle of jan their babies were born December 🙈 so you never know lol 💗 xxxx

• Options
    @HippieMama4 welcome and congratulations! 

Sorry I've been AWOL @SunshineB, just hectic at home with a toddler stuck in and struggling with morning sickness a fair bit 🤢 

That is definitely a concern. I need to have a chat to work  but at the moment they're still trying to get furlough pay for most of us. I should hear more Monday. Also they take the average from 8 weeks before your qualifying week I think?? So we may just be fine. We might also be released before 12 weeks because they think it's peaking early - in about 8 days. What a nightmare though.

Hope you're all doing okay!
  • Options
    I have my midwife appt on Wednesday, but have yet to hear if it will be face to face or a phone call. I was 8 weeks yesterday 🙌 I count this as another mini landmark 😂 next up, 12 weeks 🤣
  • Options
    @Rainbows01im the same.  8 weeks today feels like a good place to be. X
  • Options
    @SunshineB how was your scan? 
  • Options
    Good morning/afternoon ladies!  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's counting weeks and thinking about the next landmark week. I've felt a little crazy being such a worrier and just living for 6 weeks. 

Anyone else having trouble sleeping? I've always been a good sleeper but now I can't stay asleep and I wake up around 6 and can't go back to sleep. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    Yeah hopefully we will be back to normal before the qualifying week @Rainbows01 Glad  to hear you are ok. I would assume your 8 week check will be face to face as they take blood, they did at my on Thursday. 

Scan went well guys. Baby peanut is in the right place and had a heartbeat so no concern from the nurse about the pains I've had 😌
    I had estimated at 9 weeks today but they measured me at 8 weeks and 6 days, so only a day behind and EDD is currently 01.11.20 . Countdown to 20.04.20  for 12 weeks 🤞

• Options
    I'm quite an early riser anyway @PinkSnow410 so I can't help with that I'm afraid lol I wake early and then for last week I'm falling asleep on the couch at 8PM for a good hour or 2 😬😂
  • Options
    Lol @SunshineB I've also been falling asleep on the couch super early. I guess gone are the days of sleeping in till 8. 
    I did buy a pregnancy pillow that's been a dream and I've at least been staying asleep and sleeping better. I ordered some magnesium sleep lotion for pregnancy this morning because I'm so tired but I can't sleep. It had good reviews, but no idea if it actually helps. 
  • Options
    Lovely to see your scan picture. I’ve gone mad with worry over the last 24 hours. No idea why! Still got some mild cramping and it’s in my bad on the left hand side. Nothing major at all and no bleeding but I just feel so anxious 😥 hopefully I can have a stern word with myself and feel more positive soon. I think I’m struggling with cabin fever and I just want to see people to keep busy! Such a social butterfly! 

Any suggestions on how to deal with such worry? 

Hope you’re all well! Xx
  • Options
    Oh @Hancorn8 I'm sorry love. I'm sure it's just your body changing. I wish there was something I could do to reassure you, but I think worrying is just a part of this. Talking about my fears usually helps me. Be kind to yourself through this. Big hugs. 
  • Options
    @PinkSnow410 I have been thinking about getting a pillow but not sure if to yet? I don't feel like I'm struggling with sleep yet. 🤔 when do you normally get one?

Aww @hancorn8 I totally get it. I have been concerned with the pain and very anxious in general as we had a chemical last year. All I can say is if you are really concerned called your local EPU and they may book you for a scan if you have pain. Hopefully will reassure you. It has done with me, but I'm still going to worry a bit until the 12 week scan 🤦🏼‍♀️ as I'm just a worrier. How far are you?

In all honesty, until I stopped work and got sent home on Wednesday, I've been more anxious about this stupid virus and the whole situation.  Certainly taken the focus off the pregnancy for me, but not worried about that so much now I'm home x
  • Options
    @SunshineB oh I'm not sure. As soon as I started struggling my very pregnant friend said to buy one, and that it changed her life. My friend with a 9 month old also suggested I buy one right away when she sent me a list of pregnancy necessities. I'm a total noob (first pregnancy) and I'm just relying on you ladies and what my friends with experience recommend.

There's already so much for us to worry about with these pregnancies, and on top of it we have this crazy virus and all the scary stuff it brings with it. I've really been trying to stay in the day. It's so hard, but I don't want to have a panic attack or stress so much. 😕
  • Options
    @SunshineB lush scan ❤️
  • Options
    @SunshineB Awwh lovely scan ☺️ 
    @PinkSnow410 I’m struggling with sleep too! Can’t stay awake going to bed around 9pm then waking up 2-3 times in the night :( then up around 6-7am with my toddler , even if my husband gets up with her I still can’t get back to sleep :( 
    suppose it’s getting me ready 😂 

I had a pregnancy pillow towards the end of the 2nd trimester last time but think I may get it back out sooner this time lol 

I've also come out in a rash which the doctor tested for shingles/chicken pox virus :( so had that to contend with this week :( bloody nightmare! Results back soon so hoping it’s just viral xxxx
  • Options
    @Lauralouke good point! But it'd be nice if instead of getting us ready, we could just get extra sleep now when we need it and it's possible 🤦 so sorry to hear about your rash. Hope it's not anything serious.
  • Options
    anyone else extremely tired 😴😴 I got like this with my daughter but can't remember it been this early 🙈🙈 x
  • Options
    @SunshineB that is so amazing, I'm over the moon for you 🥰 

@PinkSnow410 sorry! I'm out for the count 7.30pm if I can and up 5.30-6am with my toddler. Currently sleeping all night apart from frequent wee breaks 😂 I have a pregnancy pillow but I hated it! Cod never get comfy. Much prefer a normal 'L' shaped pillow.

@Hancorn8 canin fever is 100% making it worse. I'm with you.

I'm going to try and start the thread that @DanielleMFM suggested. Bare with!
  • Options
    @DanielleMFM I'm sorry, I'm not sure what I'm doing! That link wants ne to set up a whole new thread? 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions