Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Hey @SunshineB! Don't worry, these measurements aren't that accurate. Also bigger babies aren't always harder to birth 😊

Not really cooling with heat! Agree on not wanting anymore clothes..  especially when autumn is just around the corner. I did however, fi slly invest in maternity knickers, because I want to pack my granny pants in my hospital bag 😂
  • Oh gosh that weather sounds scary @wlj ! We've just had heat and nothing more yet and I'm so uncomfortable. OH and the dog is really struggling too!
     Ahh that's good that you get a growth scan, how big was Grace?
    I know I'm probably over thinking things but I feel like i know my body well, but I've never given birth 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Yeah I'll be a bit knacked if they want me back at work next month for a month...not sure what I'll wear haha.

Love all those names @rainbows01 very cute!

I think we may have decided on Sofia Grace. I wanted Hope as a middle name but OH doesn't like it at all. 
    We also liked Darcie and Sienna.

Aww Kayden is cute @teeteee !

Ahh good idea @Rainbows01 ! My SIL bought me some size 12 knickers cheap from Primark but they don't even fit me comfortably 😒 lol they dig in and I'm normally an 8! I waa hoping they would fit me and I could wear them after birth 😩 x
  • @SunshineB do you still not know of you're going back? Was tomorrow the deadline they gave you? 

Sophia Grace and Sofia Hope are both beautiful names 🥰

My knickers have always been a weird size. Even as a non-pregnant size 8, I wear size 12 knickers... I don't know why, my mum's not that big 🙈😂 so my granny pants to go over bump are size 16 and fitting well so far. But these were my postpartum knickers as they're ideal - huge, black and above belly button and were only about £5 for 5 from ASDA.

The knickers I've ordered seem really good. Again, just Amazon cheapies - £12 for 6 is very reasonable! 
  • @Rainbows01 they just said to me that they would let me know in a few days and that was a week ago lol 🤷🏼‍♀️ doesn't surprise me. They will probably leave it until the last day of August to tell me.

OH liked the spelling Sophia but he knows someone who's child is called that so I said can we keep the name but spell it with an F instead which was my fav way lol 😆 so we'll see if he sticks with it. I can't find any name I love as much as Sofia. OH's last name is a bit different too so I feel Sofia suits it 🤷🏼‍♀️

Ahh do you have a link for the Amazon ones please? So i can take a look 😊
    Trying to be a bit tight with spending atm with us both still being on furlough 😫
  • @SunshineB ah gosh, sorry I spelt it wrong when it was right there! 🤦‍♀️ can I blame heat exhaustion?! Sofia is equally gorgeous, if not better 🥰

Yes I will find the link! Herr here, all money yo be spent on the baby, not me 😂🙈
  • Hi mommies, sorry I have been away for so long. 
    We haven't had electricity for 4weeks now🥺
    And we found out our baby may not be a girlie, so we have given up. We will found out once they are born

How has everybody been? We are all getting closer to 3rd trimester YAY!!!
  • Rainbows01Rainbows01 Regular
    edited Aug 13, 2020 7:34AM
    I just realised, I wrote 'my mum's not that big'... I mean, she's not 😂... but I meant 'my bum's not that big' 🙈🙈🙈😂
  • SunshineB said:
    Hey guys. Had my first midwife appointment today, slightly terrified as I'm measuring bang on the top black line 🙈 makes me feel nervous the thought of a baby that big for me.

How's everyone coping in the heat? It's awful 🥵🥵
    I don't own any nice floaty outfits and I don't want to buy any now 😒 
    My mom (as a midwife) recently told me about delivering a 4kg baby🤣 but it was done naturally, no complications, so like @Rainbows01 says, big babies aren't always troublesome
  • Haha 😄 it's probably going to be a common thing if we go with Sofia but tbh with a last name as Duquemin, she doesn't stand a chance with pronunciation either bless her lol 🙈 I think Sofia is the American way but its just a bit different.

Ahh thank you!

Oh gosh @First-time-mommy 4 weeks?! Hope you are all ok! Did you have another scan?
    I'm officially in my 3rd now. Back ache and rib pain has officially kicked in haha. Hope you are doing well?x
  • I just realised, I wrote 'my mum's not that big'... I mean, she's not 😂... but I meant 'my bum's not that big' 🙈🙈🙈😂
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣pregnancy brain
  • @First-time-mommy oh no! How did that happen? No power must be incredibly hard.

Also.. did you have another scan? Xx
  • @Rainbows01

can we high 5 for those granny knickers 🤣 I’ve been living in them & sports bras during the heat so comfy 😅 eeek bet your so excited for your 4D scan!! I’ve still got two weeks 😅 can’t wait to see yours 😁😁

@WLJ at least your getting a growth scan did they say when? I’m suppose to have 3 28, 34, & 36 but due to covid I’m only going to have the one at 34 weeks this time 😤 Kady always measured bigger she was born on the 90th centile at 8lbs exactly I didn’t think she was huge she was so diddy 😂 she’s stayed on that line since to be fair she’s quite tall her dads 6 4” I wasn’t expecting a teeny one 🥴

@s@SunshineB if they haven’t referred you for a growth scan I wouldn’t be overly worried fundal measurements are known to be so out some ppl measure bigger and have smaller babies & vice versa.

@fir@First-time-mommy

did you have another scan for them to tell you a different sex 😖 did you see the screen the first time? Xx

• I’ve not got my app till 1st sept as midwife said they won’t take 28 week bloods & gtt until over 28 weeks now rather then bang on the day? I’ll be nearly 29 weeks at that point.. Weird Dunno what what’s about 🥴 hoping this little man is measuring on target my 4D scan checks estimated baby weight so hopefully hes the same as his sisters 🤞🏽🤣 I’ve been getting rib jabs already and I’m only 26 weeks tomorrow I remember these much further along last time but my placenta was cushioning a lot of it I guess this time these movements are much more powerful might have a little footballer on my hands 🤣😁❤️

• @teeteee they are soop comfy! But I think bump is about to be too big for them. I have some others that are the same but with a lace trim on the top (be sure that makes granny pants sexy) and they just roll down now so they're too small.

Our bambino is pretty much smack bang in the middle of his growth chart (same as my son) but I really do take it with a pinch of salt - they could pop out any size really. Zach was 8lb 4oz. 

Soooooo excited to see him tomorrow! Also getting nervous again, but Ryan can come too tomorrow so I'll feel much better!

Currently perusing changing bags big enough for baby and toddler. Looking at Amazon - don't really want to spend over £30 for something that gets milk spilt on it 🙃

Also just test drove the Elvie pump - not on me of course. Very, very quiet... although not silent, in a silent room, you would hear it. Also not discreet - especially with one in - just have one massive boob. Maybe if I had smaller boobs?? I'm usually a 34DD but think I'm a 36F currently.. but not really sure on that one.
  • I know I'm just such a worrier @First-time-mommy and @teeteee , especially as I'm so petite. I do have big feet for my size so my mum keeps telling me I'll be ok as I'll have a wide pelvis 😂😬

Ahh thank you @rainbows01 they do look super comfy!! Spoke to work earlier..I'm going back on Tuesday 😂 my manager actually said Monday but I said can I book an emergency day holiday in that case as I promised I would take my Gran to hospital, not thinking I would be back until September. 

Can't wait to see your 4D scans ladies 😍 
  • @SunshineB 😅 no way, how sudden! At least you know now! I honestly think a month and a half of work will be enjoyable! 

I thought I had it in my head that you were booking 4d scan too? 

• @Rainbows01 I can imagine the nerves I feel the same before all scans even these fun ones hope you have a lovely experience again today 😁🥰 do they do a growth check for the one you’ve chosen? I don’t normally bother but the big package had £30 off which made it the same price as the normal 4D ones we’ve had before so I thought why not plus I won’t be getting the hospital 28 week growth scan so at least I have this one.

I didn’t think to look for a changing bag big enough for both the little ones really 🥴 Kady has a little Peppa pig backpack with extra clothes incase of accidents but that’s it I might look for a big one for them both rather than carrying around two! Looking forward to OH getting my Elvie pump too I hope I can express fully this time xx

@sunsh@SunshineB

Try not to let it worry you too much your size doesn’t matter solely it’s your pelvis. One of my closest friends is tiny size 6 shes had two boys both nearly 10lbs we still have no idea how she did that naturally 😂 she’s so diddy! Her sister on the other hand is a larger lady around a size 20 and had to have sections because her pelvis was too small. It’s so crazy how it goes sometimes. Xx

Hurry on with those cutie 4D pics @rainb@Rainbows01 🥰😍

• No, no growth check, just a 'well-being' check plus 4D. I managed to get it for £79 instead of £139, so that was quite a saving! 

I wasn't as impressed this time round as the images weren't as clear as Zach's - I'll show you what I mean - and most of the time he had his cord in front of his face 🤦‍♀️ but after some star jumps and squats, it moved a little and we could finally see his face a bit better! Here he is!

• Rainbows01Rainbows01 Regular
    edited Aug 14, 2020 7:10PM
    This was Zach's at near enough the same gestation:
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions