Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• @LaurenR15 I too sometimes experience guilt when I'm not "enjoying every moment" but it's a tough journey at times we are allowed to sulk🤗

@Nabeela265 so happy to hear the good news about your husband🌸
  • @hannah9000 I think it's a blessing you aren't having nausea and vomiting, it would be a lot with th new addition to your chest. Hope you are feeling a lot better🌸
  • Thanks all, feeling achey but it's improving as the day goes on. 
    It's my small boy's birthday tomorrow so I've been frantically trying to make him a cake and create some clues for him to do a treasure hunt to find his presents (seeing as we can't have a party). 

I've caved and ordered some maternity bras, these things are out of control!!! I normally only wear sports tops but they're just squashing them now 🤣 

@Lauralouke I don't know how anyone has the will power to not find out, I couldn't do it!! 

@WLJ mine was at 2pm too. The morning draaaaaagged! I hope it goes quicker for you - looking forward to the pics (nubs 🤣) 

We had a girls name set from the off, but not a boys name. I think we've finally set on one and it was hard work!!! Anyone sharing their name choices on here?? 

My son is called Ostyn, but is known as Ozzy or Oz.
  • @hannah9000 glad your feeling a little better. Aww how old is he? Lovely name Oz - not sure on sharing how about you?!

@First-time-mommy you are totally right hope you are keeping well 😘

Names are so difficult. My scan is 10:30am so I'm glad it's a morning one. I'm dreaming about missed miscarriages 😢 so frightened xx
  • Hope you are feeling a bit better @hannah9000 💗

@LaurenR15 we will be finding out 💗💙 happy either way I'm just excited to find out and just hope baby is ok. When is your scan again?

• @SunshineB yes we will be finding out, like you say no preference 💟 hope you are keeping well, have you started to buy yet?!

Monday! Have you had your results back on NT testing? If so how long did it take. Did you wait till you got the results to announce to people or?xxx
  • Ahh not long then @LaurenR15
    No we still haven't bought anything lol will start after 20 weeks. I think it's difficult when you can't go out and looking at things right now 😢 I don't have a clue where to start anyway lol.

Yeah we got them back in 3 days! Which was super quick so I did fret when I saw the letter. All came back low risk and no further tests.
    On the day of the scan the lady told me that the neck measurement was absolutely normal and within perfect range, so was just all reliant on my bloods. I wanted to wait a few days just in case but the OH said everything would be fine and kept pestering me to allow us to announce 😂 he's like a child himself and doesn't give in till he wins Haha. If I had my way I would have waited till 20 weeks lol

• @SunshineB I know, it's strange not being able to look for nice baby things! 😣 Plenty of online shopping.

I'm so nervous as I'm unsure whether to tell work untill I have the results back! Was she happy that there was a high chance that bloods would come back normal with the scan being normal? I'm so nervous xxx
  • @Laurenr15 yeah I just can't bring myself to look yet lol. I'm worried about the 20 weeks scan tbh, so I'm trying not to think to far just yet.
    My work knew about the baby from 8 weeks with things going on with CV. Have you got online note access? From My Pregnancy? 
    She didn't say anything as she just did the neck checks.
    I'm not really sure why they combine it with your blood.  I don't know what the significance of that is? I know the older you are, the higher change there is of having these complications so maybe that's where the blood comes in?
    Xx
  • @SunshineB it is such a scary time, try to enjoy it also ❤️ 

Oh right I see, my work know nothing yet. No what is that? I've.got access to nothing. 

I guess maybe blood comes in to it that way, I'm so bloody nervous. My husband's step sister has downs and I'm like does it run in the family ?! I'm going crazy 🤣xxx
  • I know @Laurenr15 , I've just been having a bad few days. Finding it difficult to enjoy things too atm with the situation. 💗 some days it doesn't feel like it's even happening.

Maybe it's area dependant. I have access to my pregnancy related tests and medical file online. So I saw the results on there 2 days after the scan. The lady did tell me that I would get a phone call in 3 days if anything came back on the bloods. So you could always see what they say and then make the decision from there? I'm sure it will be ok.

Aww try not fret. I don't think it's genetically linked like that from what I've read. This is what the blood tests check for,  still none the wiser 😂 Then they combine that with your age and the NT measurement. Xx

blood test checks for levels of two substances -- pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A (PAPP-A) and human chorionic gonadotropin. 
  • @SunshineB ❤️ I know what you mean, it's really hard and I am feeling like you. Some days you just feel normal don't you and you don't even feel pregnant. I'm taking the days one at a time, like the ladies said. Try not to be hard on yourself, I'm the worst at worrying I'm not excited though! I feel like I've been given a lovely gift and I shouldn't be moaning, but we are going through a very tough time. ❤️❤️ 

I'll ask when I go Monday, how did you feel going on your own xxx
  • @Laurenr15 yeah definitely not how I expected the pregnancy to be 💗 I'm trying not to worry as much , as I am a massive worrier. Just trying to take the approach that it is what it is and worrying won't change any of it. I've had a better day today compared to the last 2 so I think I'm getting there.

I asked if I could record a small clip and she say no so I just burst into tears but she was so kind and caring and said we'll get good pictures for daddy. Not the experience I wanted but it was ok and once the baby starting jumping around and stuff I was just amazed.  Also, I was trying so hard not to wee so that took my mind off it Haha I'm dreading having to drink 1.5 pints for my 20 weeks scan as the 1 pint went straight through me ans I honestly thought on the scan that she found another sac at first...but it was just my huge bladder!
    Hopefully if everything is ok at the 20 weeks scan, we are going to book a private one so OH can see baby too xx
  • Eek. Hours to go. I’m so scared. We are going to keep names and sex to ourselves (off this group) but I’d happily share names etc on here. It’s not like it matters if anyone has the same. Our daughter is Grace Eliza. And if we have a boy it’ll be Harvey James. We have no idea for a girl though. My hubby doesn’t like any of my suggestions x
  • @WLJ happy scan day 🥳🥳🥳🥳 can't wait for you. Aww lush names. It's so so hard picking names! I'm done in already. 

@SunshineB I'll be like you I'm going to ask to record, how many photos did you get? I also want to book private for my hubby to go xxx
  • Eeekkk so exciting @wlj 💙💗

@LaurenR15yes definitely ask if you can record. The royal college of gynecologists posted about CV ans pregnancy etc and in it, it said that we encourage trusts to allow patients to record a short 10 to 30 secs clip at end of scan. It seems some trusts are allowing it so I will keep my fingers crossed for you. She gave me 3 pictures and I didn't have to pay for them xx
  • Ahhhh @WLJ keep busy else it'll drag!!! Those are lovely names, we have the same issue in not being able to agree on any 🤣 will be checking back for your update later x

@LaurenR15 my sonographer offered me to record and take spoke pictures but I had left my phone in the car because the paperwork told me to!!! I only managed to get one picture. I'm desperately hoping once the phased release from lockdown starts next week private clinics will open up to partners again. 

Our chosen names are Lennie for a girl 💜, no middle name yet or Rex Phillip for a boy 💙

Oz is 8 today 🥳 he's had a great morning considering! 
  • @WLJ yay it's the day! 

I just booked my 16week appt for 20th May when I'llbe 16+4. Currently it's in person ❤ mad to think I'm suddenly 14 weeks tomorrow when I should be 13weeks today. 😅

Names we are so stuck on. Our son is Zachary (Zach) David. If it was a girl we were leaning towards Phoebe, but that's looking like it's out the window. At the moment for a boy we kinda like Nicholas or Ethan. But we don't feel strongly for them yet so hoping there's another out there that we come across!

• Awwh good luck today @WLJ ☺️💗 We are so stuck on names we just can’t choose one for either boy or girl 🙈😂 our daughter is Isla Valentina ☺️ I hope they let you record or take pictures, they wouldn’t let me which wasn’t ideal but hoping like people are saying by 20 weeks partners can come ☺️💗 or at least be able to book a private scan where they can xx @hannah9000 hope you’d son has a lovely day today and you’re feeling better 💗 xxxxx
  • @hannah9000 happy birthday to your little boy 🥳❤️ 

Oh no way! I'll ask but not sure what they will say. Did anyone but extra photos?

We were sold on Noah George even before we started trying but no we have gone off it.

I love Penelope but don't want her to get penny for short, no idea why!! Xxx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions