Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in November 2020 - Part 2

1454647484951»

Replies

• Options
    @LaurenR15 yeah absolutely on countdown now....1 week and 2.5 days to be exact lol 😆 
    Ohh I feel your pain with the loos, ours are downstairs and it's awful going to then so many times lol I find it a right task walking back up them ! Glad you seem to have contacts already on the job front, that sounds so promising. 
    I'm due 1st of November but most of my family think i'll be early 🤷🏼‍♀️ when is yours again? Yeah we have just gone back into local restrictions 🙄 we are Calderdale, in the Calder Valley region and we've had no cases in our area recently lol crazy. 

See that's the thing as well @Rainbows01, since my first measure at 28 weeks, she has been head down! The midwife said her bum and limbs are in my rib cage, so I assume its a foot catching a nerve? But its just weird how even the skin feels sore to touch. The foof/bum hiccups are weird aren't they 🤣 the other day I could feel like in my foof and then she turned and I could feel then in my bum haha!!
    Ohh gosh the braxton hicks don't sound good getting them so often, that must be so uncomfortable.

Ahh @WLJ glad they have given you some guidance on helping the SPD! I'm with you on the kankles lol 😆 my feet and calves are fat too. I've had to buy some wide fit shoes as my usual trainers squish my feet so much.
    Are you still working from home?

• Options

@Rainbows01 I know it’s exciting & scary talking about induction 🥰🙊 so so hope they give me my date next week! I had to wait till 36 weeks last time. Thank you still trying to stay active to keep the spd away lots of online info reckons to keep active helps keep the aches an pains at bay 🤞🏽can’t see that helping if/when spd kicks in last time I felt like all my bones  in my back & pelvis were grinding against each other 😫 couldn’t even hoover 😫

@s@SunshineB Aww I hope she shifts down for you soon sounds awful and I’m with you on the pain killers thing I hate taking anything whilst pregnant too I’ve had a horrible cold the last few days can’t take anything just been drinking fresh lemon & honey it’s been working to be fair but I’d probably shift it quicker with lemsip & strepsils on a normal day 🥴 

@la@LaurenR15 How cute is baby Oliver 😍😍😍 

I can’t wait to see the babies popping up on the board too 😁😍

• Options
    Glad to finally be in the single figure countdown now 🙌🏽☺️ Growth scan on Tuesday afternoon praying my little man is all perfect & healthy weight still 🤞🏽💕

Had a great few days at chessington resort for kadys birthday she had an amazing time the rooms & hotel were lush 😍 The best part was with the theme parks being at a lower capacity there was hardly any one there no queues never had an experience like it we got on the same ride multiple times didn’t have to even exit to get back on loved it 🥰 hope your all doing well xxx
  • Options
    Here’s my little tribe ☺️ Can never get a pic with everyone looking the same way & smiling as you can tell by kadys face 🤣❤️

• Options
    @sunshineb you are going to get such relief when baby starts to engage and drop down! It might not be far off. This one's not engaged yet, but I'm sure Zach was slightly engaged from about 31weeks. 

@teeteee oh look at you all 🥰 great photo! Pleased she had such a great time. I've had a rotten cold as well these last few days... finally starting to feel some relief! 
  • Options
    Well not a night I was expecting. Reduced movements all
    night so I came in at 11pm. Heart trace was quiet so they wanted to get her awake and movement. After an hour she finally started moving. Then now the growth measurements have dropped from
    75th to 50th so they are referring me for a growth scan this week. The discussed my situation with Grace last time and the Dr was concerned I’ve not been having thyroid checks myself through the pregnancy. Crazy. Still waiting to find out what’s going on. Fingers crossed Bella is ok 😅 x
  • Options
    Ohh @wlj I hope you are ok!!?? Please update us as soon as you can. Must have been a night for reduced movements...I went in myself for reduced movements. My tummy had been so hard again yesterday afternoon so I feel like I had been struggling to feel her. So they asked me to go in for monitoring. Got on the machine and they did the assessment. They came back in after 20, 30 mins and said they were happy with the babys heart and movements but then noticed that I was uncomfortable and asked me if I was feeling the tightenings and I said yeah my tummy is often really hard come afternoon and evenings. They said that on the monitor they were showing as uterine activity and that they are regular, so they wanted to check my cervix for dilation and get a dr to look at the results 😬😬 So a dr came down and checked my cervix, all closed and then they took a swab which came back negative too for early labour 😅 So I guess I'm having regular braxton hicks but it concerned them as they aren't meant to be regular like this i guess 🤷🏼‍♀️ they let me go but told me to keep an eye on this but this is just how I normally feel.
    I must admit, I did crap myself a bit and poor Adam did in the carpark bless him as i was texting him to update him xx
  • Options
    Aww @teeteee Kadys little face is beaming bless her. Love your family picture! A quiet theme park sounds lovely lol hate waiting in queues! Hope the cold has started to shift more now.

@rainbows01 I hope she drops soon! She has been head down apparently and facing the right way at every appointment so far but I'm sure she pops out just to cause me grief 😅

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend. 
  • Options
    @WLJ @SunshineB oh my god girls, hope you are both okay 😶 these babies are such worry! Glad you are not in early labour @SunshineB
    @WLJ let us know how you get on with a growth scan. I hope you have managed to get a little bit of sleep last night ❤️ 

@teeteee lovely photo, hope you all had a lovely day ❤️ weather looks fab.

@Rainbows01 oh no I'm not wishing my pregnancy away, I have loved it. Getting used to a new body and changing shape is strange but it's been a journey and a journey I'm very thankful to be on. I've not looked at a bump support I may have a look. Hopefully the pains settle once I'm off work as I am out in the yard and warehouse quite a lot walking about which won't help.

Happy Monday everyone ❤️ Here's to a new week 🎉
  • Options
    I'm ok thank you @LaurenR15 , just terrified me as I didn't think I would end up being checked for that 😅 going to get my hospital bag ready I think lol it's half packed tbh and babys is done anyway
    I got to hear the heartbeat finally which was lovely 😍 
    Hope your week goes fast and try take it easy at work as much as you can with the walking about ❤
  • Options
    @SunshineB mine is half packed too, but I feel like I'm packing for the month 😶😶 how do you not overpack?! How many weeks are you now?

I'm glad you are okay. Are you going to go to work today still? AHH was it lovely hearing heartbeat?! 🥰

Fingers crossed for a quick week. Yes hopefully I can hide in my office this week 🙊
  • Options

@WLJ Yes please keep us updated they should scan you today really what are they waiting for?!😕 was growth measured by fundal height then I’m guessing? Those are never accurate I hope you get scanned ASAP & see bub is growing perfectly! Xx

Wow sounds like night for you too @s@SunshineB

Glad you wasn’t in early labour sucks that they still aren’t letting partners in for these things either he must of been so worried waiting for updates 😩 braxton hicks for me have also picked up a lot more now too! I’m with you on the hospital bag Ive got all our bits but not packed think I’ll try & get mine & baby’s done this week too. Have you got pre made formula bottles incase breast feeding doesn’t go to plan? They’re only £7 in boots ☺️xx

Thank you @lau@LaurenR15Definitely try a support band they help me so much I live in mine most days takes the weight off my back hope you have a smooth week xx

@rain@Rainbows01 I’m feeling much better today thankfully been drinking lots of honey n lemon got a little bit of a stuffy nose but got much more energy hope it’s shifting for you too xx

I’m 32 weeks on Friday so going to start drinking raspberry leaf tea again. Has anyone else used it before? I’ve used it in all 4 pregnancies I can only say I think it may of helped as all my labours were quick. Hope this time is the same result 🤞🏽❤️

• Options
    !!!!! @WLJ @SunshineB what are your babies up to?!

@SunshineB, glad all was okay for in the end - think they would have needed to put me on the heart monitor after telling me that! Sorry the braxton hicks are so common - such a pain in the bum to put up with. 

@WLJ keep us updated please,  must be super worrying, but sounds like you've got a good team there. Perhaps your body just evicts them all early.  And if everything is fine, it's just an extra excuse to see her 🥰

@teeteee I need to research raspberry leaf tea! 🥴

@laurenr15 you look great in that last photo you sent, so pregnancy definitely suits you 🥰 I get so many people that say how well I look and inside I''m thinking, wish it felt that way!! 😅

• Options
    @teeteee I have read that people say don't buy any formula, if baby doesn't take to breast feeding the midwifes will supply milk. Not sure how true this is? I might try Rasberry tea, I want to get the ball blown up and try on get on that this week. :) 

@Rainbows01 Haha, I always laugh... when people say you look amazing. You are sitting there thinking oh my god, I had to roll out of bed this morning moaning and groaning as we are so big! 

We need bump dates me thinks?! xx
  • Options
    Hey mommies🥰

@WLJ so sorry u had to go through that must have been so worrying, all th best with your checkup, i think it's good that u went in to make sure everything is ok rather than waiting it out. Pls do update us on how u and baby are doing💕

@teeteee your family is so beautiful! Hope u enjoyed your day out. Are th girls excited to meet their little bro???? 

@SunshineB you and I are having th same pregnancies🤣 i also have very regular Braxton hicks, even went to our local clinic at 10pm last week because of th contractions. Midwife confirmed everything is ok, no labour.but I still get them everyday😭hope it means baby will come soon(will be happy with anything after 36weeks,which us 3weeks from now)
  • Options
    @LaurenR15 Everytime I’ve been pregnant the hospital told me to bring my own milk so not too sure about them having their own but I’ve always had it anyway just in case. 

@r@Rainbows01 The tea doesn’t taste too bad when you put a drop of honey in there 😋 I start off with two cups a day then up to 3 from 34 weeks apparently it’s good for post partum health too which I never knew

so I’ll be continuing it after birth. I need to get me another birthing ball I loved it last time & it got her into the right birthing position worried that Kady will think it’s a toy for her and launch it at my tv or something 😫🤣🥴

Thank you @fi@First-time-mommy yes they’re so excited bless them ☺️Hope your doing well and the braxton hicks aren’t too troublesome for you xx

• Options

Hi everyone,

We've just spotted this thread has topped the 1k post mark, so we have kicked you off a new continuation thread here. 

Please come on over and click the green star next to the thread title so you don't miss notifications. 

We'll close this thread in a day or so you all get to see this message. 

• Options
    Morning all, closing this thread now. New continuation thread here. See you there! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions