Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in November 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• I do get torn myself with the flu jab as you hear other stories too but I'm sure that's just coincidence as the midwives wouldn't recommend it if it was a bad thing for baby.
    It's just awful isn't it 😢 never though my pregnancy would ever be like this and just the thought of having no support is terrifying. Poor Adam will hate not being there for me too. I just have literally no idea what to expect.
    If you have an induction are you in a room on your own? Have you tried writing to your local hospital? I'm going to try that this weekend. The Patient Advice and Complaints service(PACS) . I just think what have I got to lose lol 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • I do feel for first time mums @SunshineB with these shitty policies if you do try to stay home for as long as possible @LaurenR15 sitting in a warm not hot bath will help ease the pain I did that with my first it helped so much I was so relaxed by the time we decided to go to the hosp I was 7cm & within an hour I was ready to start pushing.! Hopefully it will be similar for you so your other half can be with you the whole time xx

I honestly don’t get why you’d kick dads out after.! They’ve been in the same household as the mum & already been on the ward with mum for the duration of labour why bother to send them home! 🤨🤨 my hospital just wont let them back in if they leave which I don’t thinks too bad. We’ll just have to bring lots of food for the hulk to eat 🤦🏽‍♀️

Definitely a good thing that she’s engaging @su@SunshineB first time babies usually stay that way too it’s these little monkeys that follow that don’t always engage as early 🥴🤣

@ra@Rainbows01 🙊🙊 I should of also mentioned I wait for it to cool a little so it’s lukewarm then I can gobble it in a few goes rather than sipping it 😂😂 i don’t find it bad with honey & lukewarm I love the smell but the taste isn’t the best I just think of all the positives it serves 🥴🤞🏽🤣
  • Thank you for that @teeteee . I definitely will stay at home for as long as possible if I go into labour naturally. I've said from 37 weeks I'm going to be bouncing on that ball and begging Adam for sex 🤣 he's been very cautious throughout the pregnancy 🙄 but I've told him i want to help this baby come on its own haha. 
    It's good that your hospital allows partners to stay. I'm thinking of emailing mine this weekend as I think they are being extra strict and should be easing the rules a bit, but it doesn't help that we are in local restrictions again. 

• It’s worth a try @SunshineB i understand maybe normal visiting being restricted but not for dads it’s abit extreme when they’re already in the hospital with you. I tried all those methods when I went a week over due with my first nothing worked but I swear the fresh pineapples helped or she was just coming that day anyway 🤔🤣 Xx
  • Exactly, got nothing to lose really @teeteee 😆 
    I hear people say about pineapple but I don't think I could as I don't like it 😕 I'll try kerb walking too if you've heard of that one 
  • @SunshineB The only thing with pineapple is after a few pieces it hurts your tongue 😩😂 yeh I’ve heard of kerb walking I just went up n down two steps like a stepper. The ball is suppose to help a lot too but I can’t say as I never used the ball for helping labour last time just to get her head down lol xx
  • Ahhh yeah the stairs might be a better option @teeteee , just incase your water does break and then at least you are in the comfort of your own home 🤣
    Yeah maybe using the ball has made my baby drop, but going by her thigh measurements, her legs are ahead of her tummy so I feel my rib pain won't ease until she's out lol hope you have a nice weekend planned xx
  • @SunshineB our hospital is the same whereby you have to be 4cm dilated before partners can join in. Visiting is between 2pm-7pm. When I was induced with Oz I went into the ward and had the pessary at 11am, then was allowed to walk around the hospital grounds, get lunch etc. My waters went at 4pm and I had him at 6pm. In all honesty, I wouldn't have noticed if my OH was there or not once labour started and I'm actually more than happy to get on with it myself this time as they're pretty useless 🤣 

Might be worth watching some episodes of One Born Every Minute? I've been watching series 10 and 11, but for a first timer it gives you a really good idea of how inductions/labour works and how different it is for everyone. The series are on the channel 4 app. 
  • @SunshineB aww bless her all of mine have had long legs too 😩😂 this little mans legs are literally on the end of the chart 🙊 Kady was born with mild talipes we were given exercises to straighten her feet bless her she was so long ran out of room her feet curled 🥴😂💕 having a chilled weekend in I think hope you have a nice weekend too xx
  • @teeteee I'm hoping to stay at home for as long as I can. That's amazing you got to 7cm in the house on your own. Go you 👏👏 I'm so nervous of the pain, it's difficult when you don't know what to expect isn't it! Xx
  • @LaurenR15 honestly don’t think I would of got that far without the bath 🙌🏽 I would of loved to have had a water birth but was told I couldn’t as Ive had group b strep 3 out of 4 of my pregnancies which means I needed antibiotics through an IV every 4 hours. (Never had a labour as long as 4 hours to receive enough dosage) so they just keep us in for 24 hours for observation. Going to test privately again at 35 weeks to see if I have it this time too. The unknown is always a worry to be fair I’m anxious an I do know what to expect but every labour & baby is different I still have my worries. Our bodies are amazing though you’ll do amazing! Xx
  • Gosh that is quick @hannah9000 ! I only know of my SIL personally and she had an awful induction. She was taken in on the Wednesday had 2 pessaries and then a rest day in the Friday. They tried again on the Saturday and she started contracting but not dilating and baby was stressed so she was rushed for a c section. I just hope to god nothing like that happens as that's a long time to be on your own in pain and being examined 😫 
    Yeah I have been watching a few but I don't want to scare myself too much haha and its nothing like that now due to restrictions. 

Awww @teeteee I've never heard of that! How long did it take for her feet to be normal bless her?

Same here @LaurenR15 . I hope to go into labour naturally and be able to stay at home as long as possible 🤞🏻

Anyone got any funny bump pictures?! Lol 😆 I love seeing the different shapes baby can make but this seems to be her favourite, jammed up into my right rib cage 😅 

• @SunshineB unfortunately ppl only hear of everyone’s terrible labour stories. Because of that I was quite worried to be induced the last two times as my first two girls came on their own. But both induced labours were as quick & straight forward as the natural ones. One was 20mins from the start of active labour & the second was 2 hours from the start..Everyone’s different depends on the baby & mum even natural labours can end up in c sections if baby gets fed up 😩 always my worry each time but I try to stay relaxed with the hope that if I don’t release stress hormones baby should stay relaxed too wether it makes a blind bit of difference I’ll never know 😂 but I stay calm for them for this reason☺️ Praying this last little one is a straight forward safe labour for us both too 🤞🏽🤞🏽
  • @SunshineB Her feet only took about 2 weeks maximum to straighten out she was so long even have a scan pic of her at 28 Weeks with her feet over her head 🥴😂😂 this little ones legs are longer at this point I’m half expecting him to be the same as her when he’s born 🙊😂

attached the pic literally no exaggeration 🥴😂😂 xxx

• Thanks @teeteee I'm such a worrier and I need to try not fret about stuff out of my control 😅 
    I'm sure your last one will be fab as all your others sound like they went well 🤞🏻
    Awww look at her so stretched out!! That's amazing to see. 😍 x
  • @SunshineB I totally understand Im a natural born worrier now I have anxiety on top of that I hate my own thoughts 🤦🏽‍♀️ When the pain sets in I can’t remember worrying anymore though 😂😅 you just gotta get it done 💪🏽😂 I’m just looking forward to him being here both of us safe n well & laying on my hosp bed on my belly napping on & off 😂😂😂 I always miss sleeping on my belly & i dont even like it usually 🙊🙊😂 xx
  • @SunshineB I am hoping for him to come naturally also and be reasonable relaxed, I'm like you though anything out of my control I don't handle very well. Haha. I like to know what is going to happen at every stage, I can't imagine labour being that kind 🤣🤣 baby Oliver is so hidden behind my placenta I can't see him make shapes. I wish I could, that's crazy isn't it!! How much your tummy changes on what position she is in. This growing baby malarky is fascinating. Xx

@teeteee awww lush scan photo! Look at them legs. Our little boy is definitely going to be a big lad. Myself and his daddy are both over 6 foot. 

Ps. Any suggestions for nursing bras? I have zero and time is getting on !! 
  • OMG Girls. I’m absolutely shocked at how cruel your hospitals are. That’s bloody awful. How can they make you do all that alone. Fingers crossed for you labouring mostly at home and get in and out as soon as you can. 😫. 

Grace is feeling a bit better thank you. Although she is milking it 😂
  • Its crazy how the rules are different everywhere isn't it! Our hospital you can have 1 birth partner once you are in established labour then they can visit the postnatal word for 2 hours if you stay in but has to be pre booked! I'm hoping to be in and out as quickly as first time round! I really feel for you first time mums its such an anxious time! X
  • @sunshineb oh no, don't believe the stories, have the vacc, midwives definitely wouldn't recommend it if it wasn't safe ❤
    Ha! That is a funny position. I just get very lopsided - will try for a photo next time he does it.
    @teeteee, yes, the smell is lush! Just a pity on the taste 😅 

@hannah9000 I love one born every minute, but swore off it in my first pregnancy 😂 

@WLJ I love how they get to this age, and start to learn little bits to trick you into things. Very cunning, but cute 😅

@SU91 it's so strange how they make the rules as well. Gloucestershire numbers are the lowest in the country I think and still really strict measures. 

@laurenr15 100% hard being out of control too. I just want to plan everything down to the last detail. I stand by the awesome maternity/nursing bras I find on Amazon. Only drawback I've found is that the padding often moves a bit. But it's easily rectified and they're soooo comfy, I can see past it! Thinking of getting some more. I've got my old 'stylish', expensive mothercare bras in my hosp bag, but they're do uncomfortable, I might just buy some more of  these!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01MSZ0DNT/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1601242248&sr=1-6&pi=SL140_CR0,0,140,180