Forum home Birth clubs Due in November 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in November 2020 - Part 3

Replies

• @Rainbows01 I'll definitely check these bras out, they look comfy and such a good price! X

Midwife app at 12 today, I'm not feeling quite right this morning.. I cannot put my finger on it. I've got terrible pain in my back, pain in my lower tummy. I've been to the toilet about 7 times this morning cannot stop weeing! Something just seems off. I've now convinced myself I'm in early labour, as you do 🥴🤣 I'll mention it to the midwife today and see what she thinks. 

Has anyone experienced this before? Xx
  • @LaurenR15 perhaps a water infection? Glad you are at the midwife to get checked out! I'm at the midwife today too i take a list of questions/ailments but she is so laid back it almost feels pointless 😂 x
  • @SU91 it's not painful when I see, I just feel very very full ! I've got loads of questions for her today about labour 🤣 she won't know what has hit her I normally just sit and nod! Time is your app? Xx
  • @LaurenR15 hope you get all the answers to all the questions you have 😂🙊 maybe it is a uti I never have the usual symptoms when I have them to be honest I get pain in my right side & sometimes in my belly but that’s it. Antibiotics clear it up quickly though 🙌🏽

I have my consultant app this morning feel so nervous 😅 just want my request granted like last time 😩🤞🏽 Xx

• @SU91 hope you also get all your answers too 🥰
  • @teeteee let us know how you get on 🤞🤞xxx
  • Seen midwife, she was lovely. Has advised I go to hospital to be checked out. Got an app at half 5 to check everything is okay with baby. Checked heartbeat and he is fine at 130 beats per minute. Said he is very low down and very engaged. 

Hopefully monitors show it is not early labour!! xxx
  • Hi @WLJ we just spotted a post from a while ago saying you were not receiving notifications - we've tweaked your settings, so fingers crossed they should come through now - please let us know if that's not the case (also, poss check spam folder). 
  • tenten888tenten888 Regular
    edited Sep 28, 2020 2:00PM
    @LaurenR15 how many weeks are you? Good that your midwife is being cautious. She didn’t say what she thinks it may be? 

I had my consultant appointment she was so lovely felt so relaxed talking to her ☺️ She’s booked in my 36 week growth scan for 3 weeks time & the best part is she’s given the green light for induction! I have to be 39 weeks but that falls on Friday the 13th call me crazy but I don’t want to voluntarily go into hosp on that day she laughed 🥴🤣 so it should be booked for 14th November after my next scan 🙊🤞🏽☺️
    6weeks time instead of 7 eeee 😁🙈xx

• @teeteee 34 weeks tomorrow, she said he seems fine but she said I don't have x-ray eyes and I would rather get you checked for longer. Xx

Eeeee how exciting!! Bet you cannot wait. Xx
  • @LaurenR15 good that the midwife is being cautious and getting you checked out more, fingers crossed its not early labour! Let us know how you get on!

@teeteee glad your appointment went well and you got your induction date!

My MW appointment was this morning unfortunately baby has turned breech so going for a scan next week to confirm then they will.offer to try turn it if they can! 

X
  • Yey thanks @DanielleMFM notifications are back on and I. Can see I’ve missed loads again lol. 

@SunshineB @LaurenR15 Have you looked into maybe being a hypnobirthing course? Just with the current situation I think they would really help you know when the best and safest time to go to hosp is, how to breath and keep calm when you feel anxious, the stages of labour so you know what to look out for etc. I found it invaluable and sometimes you need to go to hosp sooner and know when that needs to be etc. 

I hope I go into natural labour this time but my induction was fine and I had a natural lovely delivery. Definitely try writing to your hosp though. I agree with @hannah9000 that once you’re there, so much is going on that you’re in your own world and you just get on with it. Even last time I only had dan with me once I was getting going. I believe you can face time your partners in some places too? Worth an ask. Bloody awful situation for us all though. Who would have thought it’d go on this long! X
  • @LaurenR15 so excited feel a little relieved I’m glad to have experienced 2 natural labours but induction makes me feel a little better I’ll have a date and can just focus on that rather than me waiting around for it to start with my crazy brain telling me all sorts 😩 

Keep us updated on your appointment this evening xx

@SU91 do you have a birthing ball? It helped me last time I’m hoping it helps me this time too he was transverse at my last scan but I sometimes feel he’s back head down as the hiccups feel so low down some days.. I have my midwife app tomorrow so hopefully he is back down and I’ll try to keep bouncing on my new ball to keep him that way 🥴🤣🤞🏽
  • @LaurenR15 hope your appointment has gone well!

@teeteee so pleased for you with your consultant. What a relief! 

Spent the afternoon sorting baby's room and setting up moses stand and swing etc. Defijitely no time to decorate, but I now have a tidy, organised space with lampshade and curtains etc. Feel much calmer now 😌 just need to find time to paint the changing table! 
  • @Rainbows01 awww how exciting! I still need to start packing our hospital bags 🙊 think I’ll start on those tomorrow 😁 
  • @teeteee just re-read that back... the little things that make me happy happy with renovating... oooh a lampshade and curtains 😂😂😂😂 but honestly, the space is amazing now, just needs decorating at some point before baby is 6 months! Nice to see the non-matching furniture coming together as well. 

I showed Zach where baby would sleep in his basket, in our room and he said no 😅 baby needs to sleep in baby's room 😅 

Yes, you do! I panic because I worry I could go in any day now. I've got less than five weeks now and I'm just waiting on a few bits, but they're the kind you can only grab last minute. I look like I've packed for a month 🙊
  • @Rainbows01 sounds great. Love being organised. You need to send us pics though haha. I’m the same, well nearly.. 5 weeks to go on weds. Ahh zach is like Grace. She said that Bella will be in her cot 🤣 in her room. They are cute. 

@teeteee you’re selling this birthing ball to me haha do you think it helps even if not trying to move the baby etc? Like just for comfort? At the moment I only enjoy lying down 😂

Grace is having a sleep over at grandparents tonight. Going to start doing it more often so that it’s not a shock when I go in to have the baby. She’s loving it. It’s like an adventure for her.  I’m loving the time to sort. We have just blitzed the garage and I was ruthless. Now I have space for Graces garden toys and to get that all tidied up for winter. I just want to sort and clean everything 😂 but then my belly gets too heavy and now I’m sitting down again 🤣 

Hospital bag is fine apart from toiletries now. But I’ll go home bargains on sat and get a few bits x

• @teeteee yes I do I've been using it for the last week so I'll keep on with it!

@WLJ that's a really good idea for the sleepovers, I've only ever left my daughter overnight once so I should probably think about doing the same! 
  • @SU91 yeah she’s stayed a few times in the past but not recently. She does go over on a Monday and Tuesday as mum is my child care. But I need her to be totally happy staying potentially for a few days. She will be on a FaceTime ban though as she always gets upset if she sees me. X
  • @Rainbows01 I’m usually so organised with everything but I feel like I’ll get so impatient once the bags are packed 😩🤣 but I’m definitely going to wash all of his hospital bits tomorrow can’t wait to see blue hanging around the house drying 😍 Oooo how cute bless him 🥰 he’ll be telling his baby bro off for not sleeping in his room 🙊 Deffo wanna see pics when it’s all done 😍 @WLJ Sorry I sound like sales woman for gym balls 🙊🤣 but yeah honestly it’s so comfy I’ve been on mine since Kady went to bed at 7:30 😂 just here gently bouncing away catching up on the soaps 🤣 my larger ball is definitely what was needed good old prime delivery 😌 Bless her I hope she has a great evening 🥰 this is one of my worries leaving Kady shes not been away from me over night 😩 even when I’m at the gym or something I come in & she’s like mummy I couldn’t find you anywhere 😩 she’s a little menace but she does & says the cutest things 💕 my mums coming to stay with them at our house whilst we’re at the hospital so I’m hoping she’ll be okay & fully occupied with nana 🤞🏽☺️