Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Welcome to Due in October 2015!

Replies

• Options

I'm 4 wks 2 days so the same as you Lu86, and same for me, some cramping, feel ever so slightly sick but might be imagining it, no sore boobs etc. So very mild symptoms at the moment.

I'm the same - first pregnancy after only trying a month - worrying about everything!

• Options

Joyrou - you're right we do have the same dates! I keep being told I'm further along but certain I'm 4w not 6-7. When was your last af? I didn't have regular cycles so unsure really.

i have booked for an early reassurance scan in 3 weeks to put my mind at rest can't wait 8 weeks! X

• Options

joyru and Lu I'm 5w6d and my first and worrying about everything, I think its all just natural really. my boobs have been fine except this morning when I tried to jog on threadmill and that just hurt haha. started feeling slightly sick this morning after saying last week I have nothing. I've been reading up and they all say if you aren't feeling any symptoms relax and enjoy it cause it will most likely change in a week

• Options

Thanks Sio39! What a stressful time this is! So glad for this thread makes me reassured I'm not a crazy lady!

have you dated yourself just from your last period? 

• Options

doctor dated me from last period which was 10th of January. I reckon myself I'm a couple of weeks behind. probably wont know for sure until scan which I think will be in april, haven't got date yet.

it is quite stressful but the threads on here are brilliant and reassuring

• Options

Your due date is 40 weeks from the dfirst day of the last period. (Midwife might change this depending on cycle length) but this is what's normally used until you have a scan and they will probably change it slightly. It isn't measured from conception, maybe only for ivf I think. 

Did anyone else get a booklet to start filling in before midwife appointment? I gather its just the stuff they would fill in at booking and trying to save time getting me to do what I can beforehand? 

My symptoms have pretty much all gone except the sore boobs, but even they aren't as bad really. 

• Options

I'm 6wks 3ds based on lmp. I do normally get pushed back a few days as i ovulate later than the average so we shall see. I've started feeling a little bit sick and off food after the initial hungry spell but cramping has gone so that's good. Books still a tad tender but no where near what it was like.

You get a pack from your midwife that you take with you to every appointment but you shouldn't get that until you've seen her. I filled out a booking form over the phone the with basic info so maybe your form is something like that Ccme?

I've already had my dating scan date through and that will be the 7th April. Feels like forever away but also gives me something to focus on. 

• Options

Hi Everyone,

I'm about 7 weeks pregnant, due about the 12th October with baby number 2. My son will be 4 in June.

I feel so sick all day long, not actually being sick, but feeling it.... and I'm so incredibly bloated and generally feeling yuk!

I had a missed miscarriage back in December 2012 - I went for my 12 week scan to find there was no heartbeat and it had stopped growing at 9.5 weeks - so I am unbelievably anxious this time around as I'm sure people can imagine.... so the next few weeks are going to be really hard! I'm hoping that the midwife may let me have an early scan to put my mind a bit more at rest but we shall see.

Hope everyone is getting on OK xxxxxxx

• Options

Hi amazelucy and welcome to October 2015 birth club. It's awfully tough to try and relax into pregnancy post miscarriage, please try and be good to yourself. And the ladies here are fantastic support too. Please keep us posted and huge congrats!

• Options

welcome amazelucy. I'm sure all will be grand this time round, can only imagine how anxious you are though. I'm sure if you explain it to the midwife she will let you have your scan early xx

• Options

amazelucy, its so understandable that you are anxious. In my (limited to right now) experience they can be great with early scans, i'm only 5 weeks but i've had a tiny amount of spotting so they've booked me in for an early scan next week. Hopefully nothing to worry about and everyone seems positive and supportive so i'm cautiously optimistic x

• Options

I should also say I was puking like a trooper this morning, two days after the spotting so i'm pretty sure my little bean is still making itself known! x

• Options

Hi amazeLucy image congratulations, and sorry about your mmc, sure it'll all be okay this time. And your midwife hopefully should get you an early scan.sickness has started for me too but haven't actuallybeen sick, I just need to keep eating regularly. I'm just trying to think of the sickness as a reassuring symptom haha cos it's certainly not enjoyable!

• Options

Ccme I am the same, just started, not actually been sick but feeling like I need too. I find the eating regularly helps as well x

• Options

Im feeling sick all day now! Good thing i no.and im so bloated.on a good note im liking my new cleverage lol

Amazelucy, im with u on the worrying front.i have 6 children but have had 6 mc over the years so every twinge i worry. I have had a scan already and all good.next scan on 5th march.im sure all will be good for you talk to your midwife.x

When are people telling everyone ? we have told our parents and my sister but waiting till 12 weeks to tell everyone else.   7 w 3 d hurry up time xx

• Options

oh mummyof6, how awful for you. how are you coping with that and the kids. hats off too you.

I'd love to know when others are telling people. only 2 people know with us. I want to tell my mam for mothers day at which point I will be 9 weeks but oh thinks we should be waiting till 12 weeks.

• Options

Hi everyone. 

Hope the symptoms arent too bad. We had our scan yesterday 6+5 everything went well, heart beating away, So we told our brothers and sisters last night everyone delighted. 

Im very nauseaus, feel sick when i dont eat then worse when i do lol and my boobs and nipples are in agony.  though im welcoming all these. I turn 30 on Saturday so got big party planned so will gin and tonic minus the gin for me. Hoping none of my friends guess. 

xx

• Options

Hi all, and welcome to new! Congratulations Lucy! 

Well im 5w1d today I think anyway! Having a scan on 14th so will know for defInate..only me and oh know, I like our little secret though!

feel like my nipples are beginning to get tender but sickness has gone away now, I sort of wish I felt more pregnant!! How was everyone else at 5w or how you feeling?

xx

• Options

Amaze lucy that must've been such a horrible experience. Wishing u positive vibes this time.

My sickness has settled a bit as long as like u other ladies I eat pretty much every 2hrs (not ideal at work) 

Told a few close friends and parents when I was about 7wk. Had an early scan first pregnancy so not enjoying the long wait until 12wk scan this time but thinking positive, 9wks today and scan is 23rd March so I'll be 12+4 according to my dates. 

Will have to tell work next week as I'm working the day of the scan and they're funny about appointments in work time. Nervous as only started last summer.

• Options

lmcp laughing at the gin and tonic minus the gin. tip for the party people will offer to buy you drinks so say at that point, I've had quite a few would you mind getting me a 7up image enjoy the party.

I hear you gertie on telling work. I only started my job last September so not sure how this will go down at all. I wont be telling them till after the scan at which point i'll be over 13 weeks. I have my own office so thank god eating every couple of hours isn't a problem.