Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2015
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Welcome to Due in October 2015!

Replies

• Hi everyone! Sickness can be horrendous. I've been sick a few times but mainly just feeling it. Has only been for a week though and hopefully it will pass quickly!

Im 7wks 2 days and still waiting to hear from the midwife for first appointment. Have my scan date sorted but I'm sure I suppose to see the midwife before 9 weeks unless it's changed?

Ive told my sisters but nobody else so far. Just my husbands family to tell really so am letting him decide when he wants them to know!

Hope you are all doing well! Xx

• hi ladies, I found out a week ago that I am expecting number 3 around 29th October, so only 5 weeks! Struggling with worry with this one though, I have convinced myself I am going to lose it. Me and hubby have been trying since November. Our eldest son died in 2012 when he was 4 due to various health issues since birth, and other son Leo, is 3. I am so excited but terrified at the same time! Xx

• Aw Hannah, I feel for you. Can't imagine what you went through and the fear this time round. Have you spoke to docs or midwife about reassurance? Maybe getting an early scan would help? The first trimester drags as it is but at least with an earlier scan you can check everything is ok so far.

Have you had much symptoms? My mother in law posted pictures of mince pies on facebook so I had to make some for myself. Anyone else had cravings yet? Xx

• Hi HannahHughes, welcome to the October Birth Club and congratulations on your pregnancy. We are so sorry to hear of your loss - not sure it's possible for us to quite grasp how painful that would have been for you and your family, but we do wish you the very best over here. You're also in great company - this bunch of ladies in October birth club are pretty wonderful, we're sure they'll be a great support. Please keep us posted on how you're doing. 

• Hi ladies, I hadn't checked back on here since I made my first post, and wow there are loads of us ???? just to let you all know I had an early scan today, I dated myself at 8w5d based on first day of last period 29/12, however the consultant measured today 7w3d, he also confirmed that it is twins but with only a heartbeat preset in 1-this one is measure spot on for 6w size, so I am being referred for another scan in 2 weeks. All booked in with midwife and waiting for my 12 week scan appointment date. For some reason though this is my 2nd it's more worrying than my first!! image hope you are all doing ok xx

• Wow pod3010, twins! exciting. Wishing you all the best for your scan in two weeks time, do let us know how it goes!

• Hi Hannah. Welcome to our club. So sorry to hear of your loss. So understandable as to your worry so know the ladies here are great and you can talk about anything. 

Pod!!! Twins!! Omg that's great. 

Rach. No cravings. In fact I was hoping to be turned off some things like crisps so I would stop eating them every day ????

• Wow twins! Fingers crossed all is ok pod! I'm feeling very nervous this time round too. I don't know why but I feel so lucky to have two successful pregnancies after my first two ended in miscarriages so maybe that's why? I've still got a month until my scan which will put me at around 13 weeks. I've got midwife booked for next Tuesday. Hopefully I will start to feel more positive once the ball is rolling!

Can't wait to see some scan pics being shared. Did you manage to get one pod?

I was quickly put of mince pies once I made them and felt sick! Been feeding my boys with them, not that they are complaining! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif

• I think its only natural to feel nervous Rach, especially after the miscarriages. try to stay positive though. oh mince pies, now they do sound nice..

• Yeah positivity can go along way so trying to remember that! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

• Hi everyone, how are we all doing?

I had a scan today at 6w6days, because of spotting 2 weeks ago. And we saw the baby (a tiny blob) and a heartbeat! All looking good, and they even saw the bleed and where it had been and said it looked like an implantation bleed from the baby burrowing further in.

Weirdly, she checked my ovaries and saw that i'd ovulated from the right. Strange little titbit of info to have.

Due date is 24 October.

So now I can go ahead and sort my booking appointment which has all been on hold until this was resolved.

So happy! 

• Hi joyrou, that is great news! Glad to here everything is ok! x

• Aww that's brill joyrou!!! So happy for you! Still have a month before my scan and it feels like forever away! 8 weeks and 3 days and not much to talk about. Feel a little bit sick every now and then and still feel tired but otherwise feeling ok! How about everyone else?

• Morning all. Glad all is well with everyone. I'm feeling relieved as nausea and vomiting have settled a bit as long as I eat little and often I'm Ok. Feels like I'm waiting forever for the scan tho, 10wks 2days today by my dates, still going to bed at 8:30! Scan is on 23rd, really want to be sure everything is fine now xx

• Hi gertie, sorry you're feeling anxious, it's really hard to relax into pregnancy sometimes isn't it? So I guess lots of you lovely October 2015 ladies will be having scans soon. Should we maybe set up a scan and dude dates thread so everyone can keep track? Let us know what you guys think.

• Aww gertie not long to wait image. You're giving me hope that my sickness might start to ease in a few weeks, I'm 8 weeks this week. My midwife appointment is the day after your scan,ono idea when I'll get my scan! X

• My sickness is barely there some days So hoping its a fading symptom!

Is it worth having a separate scan and due date thread? I don't know if that would get a bit confusing. Might just be easier to keep it all under this thread? I don't mind though! 

http://www.madeformums.com/lib/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

• How are you all ?

My sickness is at its peek now 24/7 I have my booking in appointment Wednesday image I had another scan and all good can't wait for 12 weeks to come so I can tell everyone.  9w 1 d

• Hi mummy of 6, how's that sickness doing? Do you have any scan pics to share? We hope everyone else in October BC is doing well. Do let us know!

• I had my booking yesterday and forgot about the dreaded blood tests. One part I seriously hate about pregnancy! They always struggle to get my bloods and my arm is still in pain now and that was yesterday morning! Other than that not much to report. Hopefully your sickness will pass soon mummy of 6. Do you have a scan pic to share? I can't wait to start seeing them! Still got until 7th April before I get to see if all is ok with my little bean!