Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in October 2016 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Hello everyone!

Well, it's very nearly October and we know we have had one birth already and some babies on the way very soon, so we've created this special thread for your birth announcements.

Please use it to tell us all about your labour and birth, and your first moments with your newborn – and we'll come and shower you with congratulations!

Good luck everyone! We can't wait to hear all about your baby's first few moments!

* Note: This thread is not meant as a replacement thread for the wonderful, long-running Due in October 2016 thread. We just thought it would be nice to have an extra thread running alongside, with all the birth news on it – and to have all the birth announcements altogether in one place to look back on in 2016 and beyond.

Replies

• Hi ladies 

so my princess was born on the morning of Sunday 25th September weighing 6lb 4oz.

lookig back I had a few signs that labour was likely to happen. Had loads of diahrhea snotty discharge and a big increase in watery discharge to the point I thought my waters had gone! However it all started Thursday night where I started to get a dull ache in my back. I put the tens machine on and it disappeared. Then Friday same thing back pain but with some period cramps as well. However these eased off by tea time so just put it down to Braxton hicks.

i then woke early hours of Saturday morning with my bloody show and started having period cramping again. This time more round the front. However it would come and go every 20 minutes and tail off. Saturday evening however was when it started to get stronger and I thought this could be labour. From midnight onwards I had contractions probably every 15 minutes increasing to 7 then tailing off again! This was frustrating. I did nipple stimulation which caused more contractions however I felt it was giving false ones which was impacting on   my timings. I eventually woke my husband at 7am and we rang the hospital when the contractions were 6 minutes apart. They told me to have a bath and paracetamol! I did this and an hour later they were coming every 3 minutes so I made the decision to go to hospital. That was a journey that felt forever and I would suggest not leaving contractions to close together as that was so uncomfortable for me! I got to the hospital at about 9.15. The midwife examined me and told me I was fully dialated and to start pushing! I asked her for my water birth which I wanted and her response was 'baby will be here before the bath had filled up! So went into the delivery room where I had a bit of gas and air but I found this made me lazy And say really funny things so I got rid of it in the end. The pain was hard work but the best way to describe it is to push with all your might like your having a poo. Eventually my little girl shot out at 10.31! So just under an hour and half of being there! The rasberry tea leaf definately helped the second part of labour! Unfortunately she pooed in her waters but she was fine and a good colour! I just saw these little eyes look up to me and here a little cry!

if I am honest I didn't feel a rush of love immediately. I also fet rubbish after labour. I didn't experience adrenalin I actually fet really low and exhausted and didn't expect that as no one mentions after birth. I fet I wouldn't be able to look after her. However we spent the night in hospital for her observations, have had lots of skin to skin and feeding and now I could never imagine being without her! Still learning about breastfeeding and this for me has been harder than labour as I'm not in control other than that things are going really well for us both! I don't have a clue what I'm doing but I soon gathered that's normal from talking to other mums in hospital and my biggest bit of advice for labour is listen to your midwife they know what they are doing and it will make t that little bit more easier! 

Good luck everybody it is soo worth it xxxx

• cberg, thank you so much for sharing your very honest and truthful account of your labour - it sounds like it all went really well, and you're right, those moments after the birth can be very surreal. 

We are so glad your baby girl has arrived safe and sound, and we'd love to see a piccy if you feel like posting one. Are you home yet and how are you feeling now? 

• Thanks Danielle I am not sure if I felt that way due to the miscarriages as well and I had turned a lot of my emotions offf but I just expected to be on a big high and wasn't! We came home the next day and doing well she won't latch on so expressing at the moment. I may upload a pic but I have a sensitive Job so not sure if I will at this stage just for safety reasons. She is adorable though! 

• To be honest cberg, with your history, it must have been an immensely overwhelming experience, after all your past losses. So glad you're loving your baby girl, and don't worry if you're not comfortable posting a picture. We're just so very happy for you.

Does you baby girl have tongue tie?  

• No don't think it is tongue tie I just have very small nipples! Trying nipple shields today but if no joy then it will be the bottle which I'm happy with as long. As she is feeding as she is a small baby and  now under 6lbs x

• Ahh Cberg I think you're doing my amazing! a MASSIVE congrats to you! I've always said the same that I will give breastfeeding my best shot but if there's problems that literally cannot be worked through...bottle it is, because at the end of the day the baby needs food, no matter how it comes. Well done though and loved the honesty of your birth story! 

• Good morning Ladies,

So my little miracle baby Grace was born wednesday 12th October at 18.42pm weighing 7 lb 13 oz. 

I went into hospital on Tuesday 11th October at 8pm to be induced, however the induction suite was rather busy so I didnt actually have my first gel until 00.10am Wednesday. The midwife who was looking after me done my obs and everything was perfect. I was not feeling any twinges or contractions or anything so at 6.30am I had the second gel.

I was noticing the difference this time, I was getting tightenings and back ache but still nothing to be dancing about. At 1pm Wednesday afternoon baby was monitored and everything was going great. The midwife now on duty cane to tell me that a midwife from delivery suite would be with me shortly and take me over to have my waters broken and put on a hormone drip. 

However at around 2.30pm the midwife came and gave me a check and actually gave me a little sweep which I can honestly say I didnt know she had done as I didnt feel any discomfort. I was 2cm dialated at this point. This mini sweep seemed to work because shortly afterwards i was getting tightening pains that were getting stronger as each one happened. At 3.40pm i needed to go the toilet but was a litrle concerned because of ge pain, however needs must so off i went to bathroom and before i could even sot down i was having a contraction and then *POP* my waters broke on there own. I was a little scared at this point because i didnt have a clue what i was to do and the pains just kept coming so my fiance and midwife came in to reassure me everything was fine. 

I was tidied up and calmed down and i had a little rest as i was still waiting to go over to the delivery suite. Themidwife came to examine me and i was still 2cm but the xontractions were now coming quicker. 

around 5.50pm i was taken to delivery suite were i was started on gas and air as the pains were now taking there toll on me and i was examined once again, this time i was 5cm dialated. I phoned my sister who was hoing to be present for the birth and told her she needed to get there quick. Which she did. As soon as my sister arrived i was examined again and i was 9cm dialated and really needed to push. My lil miracle just wanted out. So after three big pushes and alot of encouragement from my fiance, our lil princess Grace was born into the world 😍😍

I was checked over, Placenta came away no problem and i didnt need any stitches. 

Grace has taken to breastfeeding like a duck to water and we really are the luckiest parents alive xxxx

• Mummy2threeangels, we are all so overjoyed for you, and your little rainbow baby Grace. Your birth sounds wonderful and we can't wait to see more pics. Thank you so much for sharing your story. 

• Heres the birth story of our boy Ezra. It's not a smooth one so feel free to not read. I don't want to scare anyone, mine just happened to be a bit traumatic. So 4am waters break, go into maternity assessment as soon as they open at 8am, they seem to think hind waters have broken but don't want to do an internal as I'm gbs positive. Start tightening and period cramps coming and going regularly so at 1pm give labour ward a call, they send out a midwife to come see me who advised I stay home as long as I can. I'm already using the TENs and it's really helping. I bounce on my ball, have a bath, keep walking around and manage to hold out till 3pm and then go into hospital. They do an internal (after giving me antibiotics for gbs) and I'm 5cm. Get gas and air later that evening, which I love, made me feel all funny! By 9pm I'm 9cm. Then that's where it stops. I keep on having such strong contractions every min but no more dilating and baby doesn't want to budge. I kept upright the whole time, on all fours, bouncing on my ball etc but baby didn't want to budge. Got a shot of diamorphine which really took the edge off but still no progress. They transfer me to high risk labour ward at midnight. By 3am I'm exhausted as there's no letup on contractions, and I just know something's not right. I beg them to get the baby out. They monitor baby and because hes doing fine (thank goodness) they just expect me to carry on. At 4:45am I'm fully dilated so they tell me to start pushing. They said they'd give me an hour of unassisted pushing then the next hr with a midwife. Which I hated that the midwife wasn't constantly with me. I literally push with all my might, but nothing happens. They leave me to try pushing for 5 hours in total! Which is ridiculously long and as you can imagine I'm totally exhausted. Eventually a consultant comes in, sticks his hands right up inside me to feel baby and he's face up which is why nothing was happening. That Doctor tears me (just first degree perineal tear) but then they conclude that I need an emcs. I get a spinal which takes all the pain away, amazing relief, and rushed in to theatre and by 10:01am Ezra is out and screaming the place down. The whole way through the labour my boy was happy as anything and doing fine, and that's why they were reluctant to intervene sooner, but I just knew something wasn't right, call it mothers intuition, and turns out I was right and he'd turned back to back. Plus he was a much bigger baby than expected at 8lb 15oz and my body just couldn't get him through that birth canal. After he's born he's laid on me skin to skin. His apgar score was 9! Then in recovery I try feeding for the first time and he stays on for 3 hours! Not the birth I wanted at all, but I tell you what once you see your baby everything is forgotten. Although now I have stitches down below, and a c-section to recover from! Double whammy! We are doing ok, I'm anaemic from the operation so on iron tablets. But Ezra is a champ. And although I'm upset I didn't push him out, I'm just so glad Ezra was ok.

• Loubeelou you just made me cry, you have been through the mill and back but your a superstar. Ezra is gorgeous and no matter how he got here, hes yours for ever now 😘 Xxx

• Hi Everyone

So here is my birth story... at my sweep appoinent on tuesday morning, my midwife sent me back to hospital monitoring for reduced movement.  So on Tuesday after monitoring baby they booked me in for an induction as I was almost 41 weeks.  

Induction was Wednesday morning, I was gutted that I was having a section as this was far from my 'I only want gas and air pain relief natural pregnancy!'

After about 8 hours of being induced my waters went and pretty much straight away I had strong contractions, as this was now around midnight on Wednesday i knew I wouldnt be able to sleep as the pain was constant.  I called the midwife and she offered me diamorphine as the labour suite was too busy they couldn't take me down yet.  The diamorphine took away most of the pain and made me more relaxed but I still didn't sleep. Around 5am when the diamorphine had worn off, they sent me down to labour suite where I had the most amazing midwife.  She didn't really leave our side for 10 hours. The contractions were coming around every 3-4 minutes and lasting around 50 seconds each time, she suggested I had an epidural as there was still a long way for me to go.  I really didn't want an epidural and felt like a failure but I knew that I would have no energy left to push as I hadn't slept for over 2 days. After the attempt of 2 anethasists and 10 injections in my back finding the right spot! The Epidural was amazing. I thought they numbed everything and that was my main reason for not wanting one but they don't, it was a drip that just took away your pain but you could feel everything else.

So, she examined me after 5 hours of epidural, 7cm - great! Again 3 hours later 9.5cm - great! But... baby was still only 2/5th engaged and was not come down.  they left me about another  but explained that I would probably need a section  the baby wasn't budging. Pressue in the bum was quite instense and I was so tired I just wanted the baby out!.

i went down to theatre at around 7.30pm on Thursday and my baby was out at 7.54pm, it was the best feeling ever.  Until they started calling in more help in theatre as I had lost 2 litres of blood.  I was so scared but my husband and everyone in theatre was great.

He weighed 7.13lb and is the most perfect little boy. I couldn't ask for anything better.  No matter what pain you go through, nothing will compare to the feeling of holding your child.  It was worth every second.

my birth was the opposite end of my birth plan and I felt like a failure every minute of labour, but just remember that you won't care as soon as your baby is here. X

• Awwww mrs burns 😘 You should not feel like a failure, unfortunately your body just didnt want to play along with you and your little boy but he is here safely and healthy and thts what matters. 

Congratulations again xx

• Wow ladies, reading your birthing stories has made me really emotional. What incredible women you all are!! So pleased you all have your babies now and mrsburns don't ever think you're a failure, you created a beautiful human life and whatever way that life came into this world you still did the most incredible thing any woman can do. If anything your body let you down, you let no one and nothing down, but either way it doesn't matter, what's important is that you went through all of that and you're both happy and healthy - you need to give yourself the credit for how strong that makes you!! 

So here goes for my birthing story, and I'm considering myself very lucky to say it was far less traumatic than some of the others!! I started having contractions on the Thursday morning at about 5:30 am (they woke me up they were so strong), they came every 10 minutes until about 0900hrs and then they stopped. Throughout that day I have odd contractions but not regularly enough to get me anywhere. At 0100hrs on the Friday morning I woke up to really strong contractions again, they ranged between 7-15 minutes apart and continued until about 1100hrs when they tailed off again. I had a sweep friday lunchtime and was 1-2cn dilated and had a bloody show, contractions continued throughout the day and evening but were again sporadic and irregular, at 0130hrs on Saturday morning the contractions started again and were between 5-15 minutes apart, they were painful and lasting about 35 seconds and I knew my body was getting ready for labour. They went on until about 1330that afternoon wen they started getting further apart again. I was becoming very frustrated because I was having contractions consistently but irregularly spaced for 3 days that were getting increasingly painful and no sleep for 3 days was starting to take its toll. At 0030 on the Sunday morning the contractions started again lasting about 40-50 seconds and every 5-11 mins apart, by 0530hrs they were 5-9 mins a and becoming really intense, at 0700hrs i called the birth centre and they told me to go in to be assessed. I had my tens on and my husband drove us the hour to the hospital- I don't think either of us actually thought we would be bringing our baby home with us then, just that we would be sent home after being assessed to labour at home. At examination I was 2-3cm dilated and fully effaced, the midwife did another sweep whilst examining me and sent me off for a walk. The contractions then started coming every 4 minutes and were getting bigger, stronger and longer. 4 hours later they examined me and I was 4cm dilated and contracting ever 3-4 minutes. It was then that it sunk in that we would be meeting our baby soon! I was still using my tens and labouring well even though I was in pain. An hour and a half later I got in the pool, took my tens off and started on gas and air. At 1700hrs I got out the pool to be examined and was 7cm dilated. Back on the gas and back in the pool. The next couple of hours were really tough. The contractions started coming pretty much constantly and were so intense. I just sat with my eyes shut sucking on the gas and holding on to the side of the pool. I didn't think I was going to be able to do it but I was desperate not to have to get out the pool and go to the delivery suite for an epidural so I stuck with it. When the contractions got so intense that my body started involuntary  pushing it  scared me quite a bit and that's the one but I remember as being the worst. Eventually I got to the point that I couldn't not push and was told to push down as hard as I could, i tried a couple of times but seemed to get no where so the midwife explained how to push and I asked if she could see the head, she said no but that it would be round my pelvis soon and then the pushing would be easier and I just had to push as hard as I could until the sensation stopped. With the next contraction I pushed as hard as I possibly could 3 times, I could feel the head moving and thought it was going round the pelvis, it was so painful but I was determined not to stop because I didn't want it to rock back and me to have to do it all again so I pushed with everything I had and then felt everything just fly out of me and heard a lot of gasps and "crikey theres the baby, quick move your leg so we can get him" and suddenly my little man was placed in my arms! Born at 1913hrs. The midwives were all completely shocked as there is no way he should have come out that quickly and obviously where he did he did quite a bit of damage to me internally and externally but they stitched me up and other than that we were both very happy and healthy. Was very lucky as a first time mum that my labour was only 6hrs 13 minutes although the midwives said because it was so short is why it was so intense towards the end. It was an incredible experience that was completely terrifying at times but I just can't stop looking at my beautiful boy and thinking that I'm the luckiest person in the world. He's just so perfect and is hands down the best thing I have ever done in my life xx

• Ohh Beartobe what a beautiful birth story! Well done you! I'm currently sat here bouncing on my ball having contractions every 6-7 minutes only lasting 30 seconds ish each, and your story made me feel all excited and motivated! 

Enjoy this special time with your little man x 

• Lovely story Beartobe, its amazing how no two births are the same.  

i can't believe how much love I have for this little guy he is amazing.  We finally chose a name for him yesterday. Rory Thomas Burns. 

• Well done Amy!! Keep going lovely, sounds like you're doing great, hope you soon have your little one with you. I know it's easier said than done but try and stay calm, it's amazing what your body knows how to do if you let it!!

love the name mrsburns - really nice!! Congratulations again! 

Xx

• Love all these birth stories everyone has done so well xx

• Ok here goes,

I knew as soon as I woke up on Sunday that I felt different, I had very mild period pains and a lower back pain whenever I lay down. The only thing I wanted to do was stay in my pjs and have a lazy day, which I'm glad I did as I have a very long labour ahead of me!!!
    By 8pm I noticed that they had started a pattern every 9 minutes or so. To move them along further I went for baths, walked around, bounced on my ball and they were coming thick and fast, along with the shakes which almost scared me to death! Contractions were 4 minutes apart when I reached the hospital at 4am, I was examined and told I was 2cm and sent home. I could believe it, I was in so much pain! The only thing that seemed to help was a bath, but I had to be sat upright so I shoved my big pregnancy pillow in the bath with me (I now regret doing that haha). The next few hours passed with me sat in the bath dozing in between contractions and before I knew it, it was 8am and I was ready to head back to hospital, this time I was 5cm. I got in to the bath in the hospital with gas and air which was amazing! I stayed in there until 12pm when I was examined again - 8cm. It was all progressing so well until the contractions stepped up a notch and I couldn't believe the pressure in my back. There was no relief even between contractions. At this point I asked for an epidural at 3pm. The epidural slowed things down but at least I was comfortable and able to nap on and off for a few hours. By 8pm I was 10cm and started pushing, there was no progress after an hour. The decision was made to go to theatre and try ventouse and forceps - that also failed when they saw the head coming facing upwards and at the wrong angle! This is when they decided on c section! Looking back it was quite traumatic, but my baby girl stayed as calm as a cucumber throughout!
    She is worth every single bit of pain I went through!

Xx

• Better later than never. 

Charlie was born the 11/10 at 9 days overdue.

I had a sweep at 10.30am. I was already 4 cm dilated and fully effaced. I start having cramping straight away. At about 10.45am I started having proper contractions. They were coming every 6 mins. I called my hubby home from work at 11.15am. We went to the hospital just before 12pm. By the time we got to the hospital the contractions were 3 mins apart. I was measured at 12.30pm and was 5 cm. Contractions were so painful. I got in the pool at about 1 pm. After this everything is a blurry and the contractions were one after the other and so painful. I was also using a lot of gas and air lol. My waters went at about 2pm and there was a lot of meconium in the waters. The midwives wanted to get me out of the pool but I couldn't move so absolutely refused to get out as I could feel he was coming. A couple of pushes and he was out. Very quick and a dramatic at the end but by far the easiest birth of all 4.

X

• Hi guys, here's my story.

13/10 I got induced at 8pm due to reduced movements, I had my first pessary and a sweep. I was completely closed long and not favourable.

24 hours later, 14/10(due date) I had my second pessary ( was still closed and long, but had softened up a bit.

another 24 hours passes it's now 15/10, (Saturday) and I'm still in exactly the same state, very downhearted I set myself up for a section in the morning. I bring myself to the realisation my natural birth would not happen. 

The senior consultant came to see me and we discussed my options, she gave me a really big sweep and got me to half a centimetre and was confident she would break my waters the morning after. In the morning, 10.30 I went to delivery to have my waters broken, they tried and failed.

i then got put on a drip to help my contractions along and 2 hours later I was 1cm and the senior consultant came and managed to break them.. baby had pooed in the waters.

i had to have constant monitoring On her heart beat. My contractions got stronger and stronger and I had diamorphine to help my pain. I felt horrible and absolutely off the planet.

the diamorphine wore off. I was in horrible pain. Not dilating at all.. 10.30 I begged for a caesarean, and had to speak to the consultant, she agreed that if by 12am I hadn't dilated they would take me for a caesarean.

half an hour later at 11oclock I was in so much pain I couldn't handle and I was exhausted, I asked for an epidural. I agreed I would carry on and not have the casearean IF  had a good working epidural. 

in came the anethetist and her team and I spent the next half an hour really still and in  the most horrible position ever, but my epidural worked. The midwife left examining me until 2.30. I got some sleep. 

2.30 came and I was 4cm. she then left examining me Until 6.

inbetween baby was getting distressed and her heart rate kept dropping. They put a clip on her head to get accurate readings and I had to lie on my side, making the epidural only work on my Right. 

6am came and I was 9cm!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! 

10 minutes later the doctor came in and said she was concerned for Maci's well being because her heart rate was so low and she was getting distressed. I agreed to her taking some blood from baby's head to see if I needed an emergency caesarean there and then. 

Suddenly  got the pressure in my bum and I Told the midwife and she said just go with it, so I did and pushed down a little. I told the doctor and she said "ok well just examine you" and then all I heard was "oh we can see her head, carry on and with the next contraction push down" so I did, 3 contractions later and Maci elouise was born, tangled in the cord wrapped up tight, she was transferred to the resus table after daddy cut her from the cord. 

I spent the next 10 minutes watching them trying to get her to cry, trying to get her to breathe on her own. 

finally, breathing properly, my mum transferred her to my chest and I finally got to touch my beautiful girl. The most traumatic and blurry experience of my life but also the best day of my life, I then had stitches and was transferred up the ward. She's doing well now :) xx