Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2017

Replies

• Hello all, been awhile since I've been on :( so nice to see everyone's having their 20 week scans!! mines on Monday!! also congrats on you baby boys! Ive noticed a lot are having boys, kind of feel I'm the only one having a girl he he.

I just wanted to ask if any of you guys are carrying quite low. my little girl is way down there. I've been told she might start moving up but not too sure????

• It's getting so exciting now everyone's posting their scan pictures and pictures of the lovely things they have purchased! 

Me and my husband are on half term at the moment so have started to strip the wallpaper in the babys room (we just couldn't wait any longer!)

Here's my husband hard at work (we moved in to this colour scheme!) 

I've been having a really heavy feeling and slight discomfort in my lower abdome. Has anyone else had this at 18 weeks?

• Hi Dinky151, I had that, still do sometimes, it's just your muscles stretching and your uterus expanding making room for the baby, at least that's what I've been told by the midwife when I'd complain to her about the pain in my lower abdomen... 

We're going to start stripping the walls in the baby

• Oops pressed reply by mistake hahha

I was saying we're going to start stripping the walls in the baby's room as well, it looks bad at the moment as it's a very old house and there's paper on the walls that's been painted on so we have no idea what's underneath. Holiday first tho heheh 

• Hi everyone. Scan day for me today and I'm having a boy too! So happy and feeling closer to him now that I know he's a him and we've named him (Sam) :D

• Aw congratulations melona86! A little boy! sam is a gorgeous name 💙

Is anyone else struggling with names? We had our boys name picked and didn't really think of a girls name.. just expected it to be a boy. Now we can't  anything we love as much as we did our boys name 

• My little man seems to be Low but it's just hos feet, maybe the same for you bump and me at the scan his head is near my belly button but feet on my bladder. I've been feeling heavy too. 

weve chosen to call our boy Jesse Thomas Fletcher not to everyone's taste but we love it x

• That's a really nice name Chamilto :) I like it! 

We are thinking of Sam's full name being Samson Anthony Wells, but known as Sam. Thought Samuel Wells is a bit of a mouthful and Samson is a bit different. Anthony is my stepdad's name :) 

• Hi ladies! 

I just realised i hadnt checked in a week. Its been a bit busy. We have decorated the nursery, well painted the walls and put together the ikea funiture we ordered. We wanted to get it done earlier so i could help before i got to big. But going to get decor bits once we know the sex.

We ordered our pram today from mama and papas. Omg its so overwhelming to pick one so many choices. Also got a half price moses basket. 

I got a second hand glider chair for £50 and looks brand new and a changing unit woth bath built in for down stairs secind hand aswell. Trying to save some mowny as everything so expensive. 

Love all the bump pictures and scans! The one with baby sucking there thumb is just so cute! Only 16 days till my scan! Cant wait to find out the sex! 

Ive really popped the last week defo looking pregant now (although bloated on this pic due to large nandos lunch ). 18 weeks today! Almost half way. 

Hope everyone is well x

• Hey ladies, lovely to hear there are lots of boys coming in October. Had our scan a couple of weeks ago to find out we are having a little girl. Just been shopping with my SIL got some beautiful dresses. Been a little too organised and only need a travel system and a bouncer and Ive got everything. 22weeks today. Bumpandme17 im calling really low too, infact shes head first at the moment with her feet just below my ribs (not the most comfortable). Little girl is due October 4th :) 

• Hey ladies, lovely to hear there are lots of boys coming in October. Had our scan a couple of weeks ago to find out we are having a little girl. Just been shopping with my SIL got some beautiful dresses. Been a little too organised and only need a travel system and a bouncer and Ive got everything. 22weeks today. Bumpandme17 im carring really low too, infact shes head first at the moment with her feet just below my ribs (not the most comfortable). Little girl is due October 4th :) 

• image my bump 18 weeks 2 days ,

I feel im carrying quiet low for me . Wiggle sprout seems to like break dancing on my bladder at the moment , every so often i get a heavy pressure feelin and a sudden urge to pee . Not fun trying to run upstairs tho lol .

We meet the new midwife tomorrow xx

• Hi all, we are also having a little girl, due 11/10

Animal84, your bump doesn't seem too low to me, looks cute and quite normal. Good luck with your new midwife tomorrow x

As of shopping for the big items I am not so brave, might just wait and see how things turn out with everything. I really wish I was in week 24 at least. 

Anyways, I'll try to get some sleep, happy tossing and turning everyone x

• Hi, still awake as I have a little tractor snorinG next to me, can't find a good position to sleep anw... and I'm not even that big yet 😳 

How are you girls deal with it? 

• Hi, still awake as I have a little tractor snorinG next to me, can't find a good position to sleep anw... and I'm not even that big yet 😳 

How are You girls dealing with it? 

• Hi ladies just wondering if any you have or have had strange cravings, so strangely just like my last pregnancy I've had the urge to rub a sponge on my tounge strange sensation but it's one I can't get enough of lol was the same with my first pregnancy, so strange but honestly to me it's extremely satisfying xx

• Hi All

No strange craving.

Have anyone else feel the kick? I have yet to feel any kick. I am 21 weeks 4 days.

Hoping to feel it soon.

Cheers

Kitara

• Is this your first kitara? i started feeling movements woth my first about 23 weeks my second about 20 weeks and this baby at 18 weeks my first and 2nd my placenta was at the fromt too xx

• Hi Chamilto

Thank you.

Yes it is my first pregnancy. ooo I will wait patiently. Sometimes I am not sure if it was a gentle movement.

• Hi everyone! 
    We were hoping you might come and help us out with this thread - we're wondering, what with the heat, how are you pregnant ladies keeping cool? Please do come and let us know on this thread here. Thank you!