Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2017

Replies

• Options

Hey Chamilto I was monitoring my cycles for over a year this is by Ovulation so much more accurate and I didn't upload and pics of a week estimator pregnancy test that was someone else I will 6 weeks tomorrow congrats on your current pregnancy sorry for your loss of your Angel baby 

• Options

Hi ladies congratulations to you all with a bfp I hope use are doing well I got my bfp 30th January I'm due 8th October 😊 I was just wondering whether any of you have been told you will have to take aspirin throughout pregnancy ? i went to my first midwife appointment last week and she was a horrible lady and she said that I will have to take aspirin everyday from 12 weeks pregnant until I give birth I asked why and she just said about deep vein thrombosis but I haven't had it before and never suffered with my previous pregnancy with my little girl !! I'm just really worried as I was reading about it online and the reviews don't look to good xx 

• Options

Now this is gonna sound a little naive but I literally never go Doctors so I don't know what the procedure is. Do I have to go to GPS first or can I self refer to hospital? Also, when should you make contact?

Thanks

• Options

Stacee1990 have you been diagnosed with that? And I haven't been told to take Aspirin I took it the cycle before I conceived to help things along 

• Options

Hello! my gp said they could just book me straight in with a midwife but because there wasn't an appointment for a couple of weeks I went to see gp too just because I had a couple of questions. was a bit of an anticlimax really as all she did was ask if I was taking vitamins, had I stopped drinking and did I smoke - and that was basically it!

• Options

I'm so sorry to hear about all of the unpleasant experiences with doctors wow their are some rude ones out there my first Ob app isn't until March 6th hope I have a pleasant experience as this will be a different doctor for me 🙏🏽👣🍼

• Options

I guess the GP visit depends on the individual doctor. My surgery has a lovely locum for the next year who has been fantastic. He encouraged me to call and ask questions if I had them rather than sitting at home worrying.

Also I filled in my maternity exemption certificate form when I went - within a week I'd received the little card making me exempt from prescriptions and dental fees until Oct 2018. Seems like it'll be really useful.

• Options

So would I wait till 8 weeks to do that or contact before (currently 5 was 2 days)

• Options

I saw the doc at 5w4. Am awaiting my midwife appointment but have been told it will be between 8w and 10w.

• Options

Ahh sorry mrslotus I'm getting confused 😂 

Stacee im taking aspirin since loosing my little boy last year a plan was put in place for when I'm next pregnant and it was to take asprin as it helps the blood flow through the placenta to baby im already taking them, il also have to do clexaine injections in to my belly to avoid blood clots it's basically to cover as many areas as possible to keep me and baby healthy.  

• Options

MrsLotus I haven't been diagnosed with it no which is why I was really confused I have a little girl already who is 4 and she was fine no problems natural birth no pain relief she was only 5lb 14oz born at 38 weeks 5 days so I was told they will give me growth scans this time because she was small but I did have a miscarriage at 8 weeks in August last year so whether at because of that I'm not sure tbh she was very rude at the appointment she wasn't really listening to my concerns obviously because of the miscarriage I'm more worried this time !! She isn't my official midwife she was a stand in as my wifewife is of at the moment !! 

do you Chamilto im so sorry for you loss of you little boy I have no problem taking them if it will have me and baby but due to the lack of info given to me I resorted to looking on google which probably wasnt my best idea but just wanted some answers I have rang the doctors and asked for my proper midwife to call me to discuss things further to put my mind at ease 😊 Xx

• Options

That's the best thing to do proper info should have been giving to you. im going to bet it is because of your miscarriage I'm sorry for your loss also, she really should have explained that. Did she tell you it isn't the normal 300gram dose you have to ask for the 75gram dose I got mine from boots. 

How is everyone feeling atm? i have no sickness yet which I'm pleased about but I have awful heartburn already, bad leg cramps (not sure if related) I'm so tired but can't sleep at night when I do sleep I have crazy dreams that keep me awake and then constant waking to pee lol x

• Options

That's the best thing to do Stacee1990 and Chamilto OMG I have crazy dreams too that wake me up at night sometimes it's very annoying but I remember before pregnancy brings vivid dreams lucky us lol I'm so excited to get my 1st ultrasound Tuesday 

• Options

I went see my midwife on 14th Feb & she told me I'd have to take aspirin once I reach 12 weeks ,this is my first prrgnancy I've never suffered with deep vein thrombosis 

• Options

Hope it goes well mrslotus you'll have to share a picture 

I think aspirin is becoming more and more adviced tbh it's no bad thing x

• Options

Thanks guys and chamilto no she never even told me a dosage or anything all I was told was that I would be put on aspirin from twelve weeks because of deep vein thrombosis she was really rushing through my appointment she never prescribed me any folic acid even though I have been taking it anyway i brought some myself but she didn't even ask !! But I'm defo waiting for a reply from my proper midwife il let use no thank you and I don't really have any symtoms tbh I feel fine except having really sore boobs 😊 X

• Options

Hi preggy mums, i got my bfp on the 16th of feb, got one in jan but somehow my period came. Am so excited to be part of this grp and i hope the bean sticks if it pleases God. My symtopms are sour bbs, cramps, peeing and weakness. I already started craving sour foods and fruits. I will like to knw what other mums here are craving, bcos i read that what you crave can tell the sex of your baby.

• Options

congrats iyayi id tell your midwife about the positive test before period in January as they will want to check your not further along as it's possible to have a period and still be pregnant. 

I haven't really had any cravings I'm just bloody starving all the time lol 

x

• Options

Stacee that's bad she didn't tell you, you could have gone out and got 300gram dose and done harm! When I was pregnant with Jacob I saw a different midwife at every appointment and some really did rush me! i will be kicking off if the same happens it's important to have continuity in care xxx

• Options

Welcome to the new ladies if their are any and I'm so excited about tomorrow I will definitely share with you gals since I'm not announcing until 8 weeks