Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in October 2017 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

Replies

• Thanks everyone. We are home and both of my girls are fast asleep! Not sure what the question marks were about in my birth story! I was tired when I posted. Think they were emojis not recognised. Feeling human again now. Good luck to all in your forthcoming births. Lu xx

• Hi Looby, the question marks were from us - sorry! When we amended your post, as requested, the emojis vanished and somehow popped in a load of question marks - gremlins in the system! 

So glad you are home, and hopefully resting now. 

• Hi ladies 

Charlie Joseph Spence arrived on 3/10/2017 weighing 6lb11oz 

my waters broke at 2am and we went to the assessment unit they said I was 1cm so went home got Harry off to school.  Good thing I got a sleep and a bath.

contractions started again at 3.20pm hard and fast so off we went to hospital and by the time I got their I was 6cm.  We were in the delivery suite at 4.15pm and I was hooked up to gas and air after 3 more contractions I was ready to push and Charlie was born at 4.50pm.  

This labour even tho it was hard fast and only gas and air compared to Harry's it was a dream I was up walking 10 minutes later and eating tea and toast.  

Charlie is a little dream he's taking 2/3oz bottles every 3 hours and he loves his sleep.

image Harry dotes on him but were still in the early days lol 

• Congratulations on little Charlie's arrival! I hope you're recovering well xx

• Wow Kdaisy, sounds like a lovely, smooth dream birth! Congratulations to you all! Charlie is gorgeous. Are you guys home now? 

• Congratulations ladies it's so exciting all october babies are on their way. 

I haven't posted in a while we have had a long stressful time, finally got home with Jesse yesterday! He's been a poorly boy but he's finally on the mend we have to go back once a week as he has high blood pressure which he is on medication for and He has antibodies in his blood which come from having opposite blood group to me. he also had to have hos tongue tie snipped this morning horrible to watch but lovely to see his toungue move freely x

• Congratulations kdaisy . Your boys are gorgeous . Hope our birth is as straight forward as yours . Hope your all well and home soon x

Glad your home chamilto , hope little jesses well soon and the medication works . Your sound like you've all really been threw it x

• Congratulations Kdaisy, cute picture of your boys. Glad you had a smooth labour and birth x

Chamilto, hope little Jesse is getting stronger and med free soon. It's lovely to hear you both at home now x

• imageimage

Hi all. 

Harry was born at 6:15pm 5th October 2017 weighing 7lbs 10oz. He is absolutely perfect  but the birth was a tad traumatic for both of us. My initial induction was cancelled that was due on the 1st October. I had a growth scan o  the 4th October and was told we was 8lbs 11 is by the Sonographer. The consultant booked me for induction on the 10th October and did a sweep at 4pm. I had cramps the rest of the day and my waters broke at 10.40pm.  I was in bed and they popped like a water ballon. 

I was three centimetres dilated and contractions were only a minute apart. I hoped that labour was just around the corner. Unfortunately I was in labour for the next 17 hours with constant contractions but very limited progress with dialating. I had three failed attempts with Epidurals that resulted in a spinal that went wrong and my blood pressure dropped. I had to have  adrenaline shots. The adrenaline made Harry's blood pressure increase. This was about 1pm. I started with with hormone drip after this and was 10cm by 5pm. However Harry was laying sideways and later we discovered the umbilical cord was trapped around his shoulder holding him back. I was taken to theatre for emergency c section. Harry was born crying and is an absolute joy. He's beautiful, healthy and was worth all the pain. 

The pictures I have a quite personal and for his baby book. But here is a very badly lit one of Harry and Daddy and one of Harry. 

Congratulations kdaisy. Charlie is beautiful. Chamilto. Jesse sounds like a strong little boy whose just going to get stronger everyday x

Hi all 

Austin James arrived 04/10/17 10.22am 9lb6!! Perfection

Here's my story:

It's been a whirlwind since Monday. I'd say going from a 'textbook scenario' to emergency c section. However my bump has always been small & tight & Austin was massive 9lb6! Also turned out to be back to back which wasn't discovered til they pulled him out & neither was the weight predicted (there wasn't a lot of water around him at all) 
    Here goes:
    Possible labour signs on Sat: painted skirting boards deffo had a burst of energy.
    Sun: Uncomfortable all night couldn't settle, really bad pelvis/hip pain. Up & down to toilet.
    Mon: woke up to wet knickers, not loads but it was clear & had a twinge of blood. From about 9am had a constant trickle. Showed MIL next door she was certain so phoned & made our way to hosp 45 mins away & phoned O/H to come home from work. (About 11am) 
    Hosp only looked at a pad I had on & says yes that was waters but to go home, go for walk, eat & see if any contractions start.(it had actually been back waters) If nothing plan was phone at 8am tues & go in to get induced. We did this, nothing happened til 2am. Timed contractions until 5-10 mins apart & decided to phone & set off to hosp about 7am.
    We waited an hour in the waiting room having contractions & when eventually seen, they said I was textbook 3cm already dialated & asked if I wanted pool birth etc. 
    I was checked by a doctor about 1 contractions weren't coming to anything more frequent. He tried a crochet hook as he suspected front waters not burst but then said yes they had. (they hadn't, just were right at the back of baby's head & not loads) I suddenly went weak & from chatting away to like a ghost & out of it. I had an infection from back waters going. Long day 2 more hands up me & they put me on 2 bags of fluid & oxytocin induction drip at about 9pm. Next midwife to look after me at midnight she wasn't convinced waters had gone so a doc stuck his hand up & crochet hook at exactly midnight. (Been on drip 2 hours at this point) he broke front waters but wasn't much of a gush etc. Carried on drip til wed morning 8am.
    Wed: 9-30 -9-45 am someone came to check progress I was shattered from infection & extremely weak, hadn't held food down since Monday only had drinks. I was only 5cm dialated so nowhere near labour actually starting. Also my cervix was very swollen. A consultant came options were carry on drip til after lunch see what happens or c section. I did have a panic & got emotional esp about not driving but left in their hands & so we went for c section. It was all so fast but they were lovely & very reassuring. Gowned up etc & O/H in theatre & ready & he was born 10.22am! They were shocked at his size on delivery & also discovered he was back to back.
    I don't think realistically I would have ever pushed him out. During exams they said entrance to my pelvis was narrow too. 
    Over the moon with my massive bundle of joy & so pleased we made that quick decision. Not showered since Monday, 1st night home last night he's been a dream. I've been breastfeeding as he's a natural & it feels so right (after me going on about deffo using bottle) he's absolutely perfect & we're in love. I've not got lots of sleep as in agony but taking naps here & there between us. My local midwife coming this afternoon so I've plenty of questions for her & she will take my dressing off. Feels like we're in a bubble so I'm trying to relax, recover & enjoy it.
    Simply amazing end result. Whatever happens girls it's all worth it my advice would be go with the flow & listen to midwives/docs they know what they're doing! Lots of love xx

• Wow Georgie88, so many congratulations - that sounded like a long, intense birth - we really hope you're healing well - are you and your perfect boy home yet? 

Holy moly victor321 - that's such a fascinating, labour - we hope you're healing too? And what an incredible chunk of love Austin is - those cheeks! Enjoy your bubble, and soak it all up - you sound positively blissed out right now ❤️👶😊

• DanielleFMF we are hopefully going home tomorrow. Harry is as healthy as anything passed his baby check and hearing test and is supper strong. I'm Ok, just being kept in because of the epidural and my leg still being a tad numb. It was simultaneously a horrid but amazing experience. The staff were fantastic, I had three midwives over the two days of labour and they were wonderful and reassuring. Harry just instantly made me happy I can't describe it in words :-)

• Ahh Georgie88, you're making us beam for you -  we are thrilled for you! 

And to everyone who has posted their birth story so far, please do PM your full name and address so we can send you your baby gift! 

• Congratulations ladies on the birth of your gorgeous boys.  I hope your both heeling well and your not in any discomfort x

• Congratulations to you both Georgie88, Harry is adorable, daddy seems very proud. I love Harry's little outfit. 

Congratulations to you victor321, Austin James is cute and those cheeks! 

Thank you for sharing your birth stories ladies, look forward to hear from you more, keep us updated how everything goes x

• Congratulations all how exciting & what beautiful babies. What a wonderful surreal amazing experience this is - it hasn't sunk in yet with me that I'm actually a parent. Can't wait to recover fully to go out & show him off. 😘 xx

• Congratulations Georgia88 and victor321. 

Hope all of you are recovering well and enjoying the moment. 

• Hi Ladies, baby Linelle has arrived this morning whit a very fast active labour weighing 7.13lb, only gas and air, there was no time for painkiller. Both well but still in hospital. Will post our birth story an other day, we are knackered. Wishing good luck to everyone yet to have their babies x

• Hooray Picbaba, she is here! So many congratulations and we can't wait to hear all about it. Please do share a pic if you would like to. 

• Hi ladies how are you all doing??

i don't remember the sleepless nights being so difficult! At night time I vow to myself that breast feeding isn't for me and I will put him on bottle but then day times it goes really well. i have an imfection in my c section wound to and getting in and out of bed constantly is hurting it a lot and I have a fever. Husband was back at work yesterday as we were in hospital so long we got hardly any time together at home x