Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2017
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The Due in October 2017 Big Birth Announcement Thread!

124»

Replies

• Congratulations to all, sorry, I didn't check in for more than 3weeks. Here is a picture of our little princess as a newborn and a picture of her two weeks later 💕.

imageimage

My birth story is pretty short. I was induced two days before my due date and baby Linelle has arrived the following morning. Induction started around 9-ish in the morning, contractions kicked in late afternoon, get stronger over night. The midwife broke my water at 3.45am and baby arrived happy and healthy at 4.50am with 7.13lb. 

I simply devoted to her and to my other 4children and just could not part with our precious time so I didn't come on the board for long. 

I hope you are all doing well ladies! 

Will pop back in later to read all the stories I've missed. 

• Wanderer88Wanderer88 Regular
    edited Aug 20, 2020 7:51AM

Post withdrawn by MFM HQ at poster’s request

• Hi sorry iv not been on to do our birth story sooner , weve had a hetic 4 weeks .

So after being on the path way as little man had reduced movements and growth scans showed he was messuring small they decided to induce us at 37 weeks . On monday the 9th oct we had to go in , had the pessery and as the day , night went on contractions were comin on strong but not enough to go to the labour ward , so the next morning was examined and decided i didnt need another but theyd do a sweep and as soon as they had room on delivery i would be taken to have our waters burst , again contractions were there enough to take my breath away had the show but thats it , wed came still hadnt gone to delivery but was told again i was on the list and would be taken as soon as they had space , i was woken first thing thurs mornin as we was bein taken to delivery by that point the contractions had eased off so of we went . I had to ring hubby to wake him an tell him come in . By 10.30 my waters had been popped and i was on the drip . I wasnt allowed to move of the bed as little man was bein monitored . 

After a few hrs my body decided it needed to push , they checked but i was fully dialated but my body wouldnt have it . It was like one giant contraction with no break . Babys heart rate kept droppin every push , do i was given something to slow the contractions down .next thing i no im on my side there messin about up there , another midwife was brought in , hubby saw a hand signal an over heard about the cord be caught around him , so there up there again pushin baby back to remove the cord , the contractions wen then brought on strong again . I was so exhausted at this point an was only on gas and air . I couldnt have anything else as the anethatist was in theater. I eventally gave birth to our gorgeous baby boy at 4.56pm on the thursday , stood up the back of the bed.  Apparently i pushed threw my cervics which i didnt no was possible . 

When he was born he swolled mucus so we had to force feed him to make him sick , we was allowed home the next day tho . Health visitor came day after was told he was jaundice he needed blood test every day , one the monday his test results were that high he needed to be admitted into hospital for light treatment , we was told he was 4 markers of a transfusion . He was allowed home the night after but needed blood tests everyday for the next week so it had been hosp and docs appointments for little man , and now theres a possibility hes got slight reflux, but luckly it isnt enough to affect his weight , he was weighed today and is now weighing 10 ld.

We was told he messured small , xander was born 7lds 7 oz , 3 weeks early . Hes absolutly gorgeous , were all so in love with our little man ,  and hes spoilt rotten off his big sisters .

Sorry its so long . Congratulations to all of you and thankyou for reading xx