Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2018

Replies

• HI KS09, I have always had to pay for early scans unless there is a medical reason our drs won’t do Them. Im booking one for when I’m 6 weeks , they definitely help give you piece of mind x 

• That’s good to know! Trying to see a doctor is like trying to get blood out of a stone 

• Hi everyone, 

i found out on friday that im pregnant with my 1st baby. im 34 and over the moon. i have done 3 clear blue tests which say 2-3 weeks so i have yet to have an appointment with the doctors.

Still in shock with it all and just feel its so far away til i get a 1st scan

does anyone know how soon i can have a scan? the online pregnancy calculator gives me a due date of 1st october. 

• Hi Lou1k give congratilations. Your first pregnancy how exciting! 

Your normal first scan is at 12 weeks! I’m out of touch but I do know you can get an early scan but usually it’s something you pay for, unless there is a reason why you they would need to monitor you sooner! 

Hope all goes well! 

• Congratulations lou1k., it’s very exciting but the first weeks seem to take forever. with my last 2 I have paid for a 6 week scan juse for piece of mind.  I will be booking one next week for this pregnancy. Not sure where you all live but babybond have clinics around the country x 

• Welcome Lou1k, and huge congratulations - we're thrilled for you! How did your partner take the big news? 

• Congratulations Lou1k! 

The 12 week scan does seem so far away doesn’t it!! 

Mummy246 is the 6 week scan expensive? X

• It just depends where you pinkypie. I live in the Lake District and there’s 2’places near ones £85 and ones has just opens and it’s £55 xx

• Thanks everyone, we are both super excited but im trying not to get too carried away for fear of anything going wrong

If i paid for a 6 week scan is a heartbeat viable that early ??

i am literally reading up on all the dos and donts, with it being my 1st. So much to take in

so far i have felt some cramping on and off and just a bloated feeling.

its really nice to find a group chat who are in the same position as me and have the same concerns etc

• Yes the heartbeat is visable by 6 week, you can’t see much else but you can see the little flicker of heart beating. I’ve had a few cramps too xx

• thanks mummy246, 

1st scan cant come quick enough, think it will make it all feel a lot more real and ease my worrying x

• Hi all.. thanks for Ur replys.  I had very light pinkish stuff Wen I wiped earlier about 7pm.. not had any since..super worried now!!!  Don't help being stressed an anxious.. (I was at kings college hospital today because my father in law had a massive heartattack) (he's very lucky to be alive) image anyway any replys will be much appreciated. X hope your all well x

• Oh sorry  I had ectopic 2014 and a miscarriage in 2016. X just done my clear blue weeks test. It says 2-3 weeks. ❤️

• Hi everyone found out I was pregnant on Saturday (unplanned)but been doing tests since as were so faint then BFP undoubtedly...due approx 6/10.. having stomach cramps bloating and back pain had discharge sunday which worried me but that's gone now. Anyone else experiencing this?? Xx

• HI Linz87 congratulations, I have been having mildback acke and stomach cramps since i Found out too. In creased discharge is normal too xx

• Hey, I'm mumabear90. 

This isn't my first pregnancy. Me and my husband are super excited and little bean is due on the 4th October. 

I'm abit worried as I don't feel pregnant yet but with my other pregnancys I could tell from day dot that i was pregnant. I have a guy feeling something is wrong and worried. 

• HI mumabear90 , congratulations. Im going through stages of feeling pregnant  then worrying because I don’t. I have 2 girls now and with them was sick from the day I found out I was pregnant. This time I have no nausea and lots of spots which I never had with the girls either. X

• hello ladies,

i have found out im pregnant with my first child. my husband and i really excited but also in shock too as we havent been ttc for long. due October 7th.

• Congratulations mrsB17 

• Congratulations mumabears90 and MrsB17. I hope everything goes well for you both. Don’t forget no two pregnancies are the same maybe your feeling sifferent coz you having a boy! I often compare when I was Pregnant with my daughter to when ny sister was expecting my nephews! So different. 

If in doubt see your GP x