Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in October 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• Can you ask to speak to the consultant? I think that would be my first step and ask why you were given incorrect advice as now you're worried

Good luck 

• I to would speak to the consultant, but I do also know they don’t scan as often now. My sister in law had low pappa and for more scans but only From 28 weeks then 32 and 36. 

I had a low placenta and just got 1 extra at 32 weeks to checkmit had moved xx 

• Hi everyone. We've had a bug on the forum for the past day, which caused problems posting, but we're pretty sure it's all fixed now - we are so sorry about this. If you are still having problems posting, please drop us a mail at contactus@madeformums.com

• I've started looking at antenatal classes so my partner can mark his calendar as out of office (his work has told him he doesn't need to ask for the time, they will give him the time off for all appointments with pay, just to have them in his calendar), and always believed they were over a series of days/weeks.

Looking at them in Sheffield however it appears to be a full day thing. I'm a bit gutted as I was thinking it'll be a great way to get to meet other expectant Mum's in Sheffield and make friends, we only moved here 3 years ago and the only people I know here are from hockey, work (who I'm not allowed to contact because of my grievance) and my partner's colleagues/friends - none of whom are pregnant or live near us.

Are other places the same for their antenatal classes? I'm just feeling a bit gutted and not sure how to meet other people or what pregnancy things I can do here so I have friends nearby who I can do baby things with. A lot of hockey friends are all up for going baby shopping  but I'd love to have friends who will have babies of a similar age ready for playdates.

• our antinatal is at the hospital and just  1 evening class. Which is now for 1st time mums and those who feel the need to attend again. Not great really x 

• Ours which is the same as mummy's 

It must be down to cuts etc. I read on another forum a lady recommend some app called mush or mushy for making mummy friends can't remember the other app she recommended. 

whenbubus here your health visiyor will tell you about stay and play and look in your area for nct groups and them excercise groups where you can take pram. 💝😘💝

• Here, the classes are run at weekends  (great for us to not have to deal with work clashes). A two day thing with a break for lunch.

I always thought they'd be a series of classes. One weekend is less disruptive but, as you say, it makes it harder to make friends. 

• I'm kinda glad it's the same in other places but it is a shame that it's changed. These sessions run 10-4 so it's a long session, just not sure it'll keep my focus with my dyspraxia.

You're right about the app, it's called Mush, going to be brave and once I know which days I'm free next week pop a post on about meeting up and hopefully start to make friends.

• Good luck lovely 

It is a shame things have changed. I'm sure you'll make some mumny friends as your very willing .Where there's a will there's a way .They say. 

💝😘💝

• Ive just given myself a good bash in the uterus - while carrying a small table out of the garage legs first, one of the legs jammed into the doorframe and table top bashed me really hard. Rang the Labour ward and they'e advised me to come in for an anti-d injection and I'm o negative and husband is o positive! Waiting for hubby to get home to take me up!

• Oh no hun. 

Hope everything is OK . How are you feeling ? Take it easy hun ,bless ya .

💝😘💝

• Oh no Laurelli, I hope everything's ok and your hubby's been home and been able to take you to the hospital.

We've been doing the gardening today and our friend's have asked us if we want to go to Cleethropes tomorrow (as we don't drive) so hoping the weather stays nice whilst we are there 

• Hi girls, back from the hospital. Everything looks ok and heard baby's heartbeat but they want me to come back tomorrow for the anti d injection to be on the safe side. I have alot of tenderness in my lower right abdomen (where the edge of the table jammed into me) and I've been told to ice it. On the up side I was telling the midwife I was going out for dinner tonight and she prescribed me a glass of wine as it was my birthday yesterday. Woohoo ! A guilt free glass of wine !

• Glad your OK hun

Great news happy birthday for yesterday enjoy your wine 

💝😘💝 

Have fun

Sheffield tomorrow hopetge weather holds up 💝😘💝

• Great news Laurelli, and yes enjoy that glass of wine.

I'm hoping it does, be nice to get out and go to the beach :) 

• We're going to have a BBQ tomorrow 

💝😘💝

• Hi girls hope you are all doing good! I’m 22weeks tomorrow and still have no income whatsoever and  need to start baby shopping. I’ve got a lot of support of my mum nan and everyone else who are helping me buy baby things but I’m just wondering if any of yous are getting universal credit and when did yous apply for it I’ve been told most pregnant women cant apply for it until 29 weeks x 

• I am aching so much after Cleethropes yesterday but it was the perfect day for it, my partner got a bit burnt though so he's sore today.

Can't help with universal credit advice I'm afraid Kayleigh but hopefully you can get some advice, might it be worth seeing if there's a number you can call about universal credit to let you know when to apply? 

• Hi - new to this group and we due on our wedding anniversary in October (18 weeks at the moment) and whilst we had been trying for 2 years and I have heard heartbeat and saw baby in the 12 week scan, it still doesn’t feel real! When did it all sink in for you all that you were having Baby? Also anyone else on clexane injections, any advice on how to not bruise would be really apprecaited! 😊 

• Hi Kimclark2710, welcome to MadeForMums and congratulations! I remember back when I was pregnant, it didn't seem real for me until my belly popped out and I actually had a bump. 
    Can we ask, what are you taking clexane for?