Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in October 2019

Replies

• Ellie call the doctors and ask the receptionist the name of the doctor you last saw and ask it to be put on your notes you don’t want to see him again. Then ask to see a lady doctor. I’m sorry but doctors should do everything they can to help and if you’re really worried get a second opinion. How hard is it for him to make up a blood form for you? If it’d reassure you, surely it’s worth it.

ok ok maybe not the oldest but I seriously feel old. Especially now my 2 year old wants to ‘run run run’ up and down the living room about a million times a day. It’s all fun and games.

sorry to hear about the bleeding but like you say a lot of people get spotting early on, some all the way through, so not necessarily a miscarriage. Please keep us updated and let’s all hope for a sticky bean.

yeah it’s true some people don’t know they’re pregnant until they give birth! we just know this early because we tried to get pregnant. 

• *Trying to help with the positive* 

My boyfriend and I are planning on moving in June to a bigger place so I'm looking up decor ideas for his daughters and nursery ideas for my little one. It's always so fun to look.

Also, I've been keeping it pretty hush hush about my pregnancy except a few people that I know will be supportive either way. But today one of the women I work with pulled me aside and asked if I was expecting. I asked how she knew and she says: There are things mothers just know and recognize. 

She was so excited for me! My friend also looked at me the other day and told me: even if your family doesnt support you, you have a family here. Almost made me cry. It's so nice when other people get happy for me even though they all know what I've been through. Makes my heart warm.

• Lou - exactly!! He was not helpful at all! I will definitely call again tomorrow, and hopefully a nicer doctor will call me! 

Good night all :) xxx

• Wow thats crazy that someone guessed this early. I’ve been pretty much the same at work. Just not been having as many teas and coffees as I usually have haha. But I’ve been blaming it on my iron tablets, as caffeine inhibits the intake of iron. I don’t think anyone has a clue. Will be so fun to tell them all. 

Myers other than immediate family: parents, sisters and brothers and one cousin who happened to be the one to insist I try a pregnancy test, no one else knows. 

To make it a bit complicated one of my friends is expecting in June and they’ve found out the baby is def Down’s. So she’s been taking that hard. I don’t want to be all, ‘look at me, I’m pregnant’ around her cus she’s so upset bless her heart. Theyve found out the baby has no heart defects though which is good news. And I told her she’ll (They found out its a girl) be the most loved and loveable baby and kid ever. They’ve been trying for 10 years, and as soon as they stopped trying she fell pregnant. 

• So this is what happens when mama misses wine in the evening. 

Cranberry juice in a wine glass!image

• Morning ladies how are you feeling today? 

Ellie good luck for the call to the doctor. 

Move had not more bleeding over night but having lots of one sided pains this morning. The EPU are seeing and hopefully scanning me today at 2.30. I feel so nervous, looks like I will be going alone with my 14 month old so not ideal.

xx

• That’s meant to say I didn’t have any more bleeding over night xx

• I had a tiny amount of blood the first day (Friday morning) wuth sharp pain. Then rest of weekend brown when I wiped only. Seem to be getting brown discharge still when I wipe only tiny bits but really wish it would go. I am having a scan this afternoon, not very optimistic as my other two pregnancies I was really sick from very early on. Just wish I was a few more days along as I'm not really sure what they would see today anyway. My last period was on 3rd Jan and I have 30 or 31 day cycles so would make me about 5 wk and 3/4 days. I just reckon that little but of red blood at the start was the miscarry although I thought I would continue to bleed all weekend there's only ever brown discharge when I wipe.

Appt is at 2.15 I am absolutely dreading it but I have prepared myself that it's either stopped developing or I have miscarried or blighted ovum.

Wish me luck girlies xxx

• That’s great news Emy about bleeding, keep us updated will be thinking of you best of luck ! xx

tattedteach I’m going to buy some cranberry juice today think I may have start of urine infection xx

Cazomic my last period was also 3rd Januar. I will be thinking of you please keep us updated best of luck xx

• I’ve got mild cramping in my lower belly and a bad lower back ache today! Great fun on a 8 hour shift when they don’t know I’m expecting! I need a nice warm bubble bath. 

• Hi everyone, we have a lovely sponsored discussion going with a £200 Amazon voucher up for grabs. Check it out here. 

• Nothing seen on scan today guys. No sign of any sac or any loss...so strange. She was a little worried it may be in tube but couldn't see anything they would only know if it was blocked. So I have no clue maybe it's a chemical pregnancy. Got scannedsabdominal and trans vaginal they wanted me to have bloods but I had to rush off to pick up my kids from school so going to have bloods done tomorrow. Pregnancy test still showing positive but it would take a couple of weeks to get out of system. Is really strange though the sonographer said maybe I am earlier than I think and too early to spot anything but I reckon they would have seen something. Will get my bloods done tomorrow and let you all know but my gut feeling is that I lost it or chemical. I am normally sick as a pig with pregnancy and this one I have had zero. Good luck to all of you wishing you a healthy 8 mths ahead xxx

• I’ve just had 2 biggish cramps and then mu stomach was quite cramped. Work let me go home early so I’m now in my pjs lying on the sofa googling everything! Stomach is still a little cramped. I’m so worried! But I did google and it does say cramps are normal at 5 weeks?! Xx

• Ellie yes cramps are normal. They hurt and are very annoying, bit completely normal. So don’t worry.

cazomic- that’s so strange they should be able to see something! I hope you find out what’s going on soon.

Emy- how did you get on At your scan?

The sore boobs have started for me today. So painful. 

• Thank you. I’m just worrying so much! 

The midwife rung me! My booking in appointment is weds 6th of March! So I’m happy about that. 

And she said if I carry on getting sharp pains they will scan me to check all is ok. So I’m glad about that too. She was much more sympathetic towards me! She did say though that they can’t see anything before 6 weeks. 

I do have back aches too xx

• Morning sickness hit me bad this morning. I’m a teacher so I had to come to work for parent teacher conferences. I fell asleep during my planning hour. I’m a mess today. 

• I’m so sorry Cazomic it’s not ideal they couldn’t see anything it doesn’t help you much. Fingers crossed you get some answers soon xx

ellie your cramps sound similar to what I have been experiencing it’s scary isn’t it ! Thankfully I feel a lot better today. That’s great your booked in my first booking appointment isn’t until 20th March, thankfully I have a scan booked next week xx

tattedteach this morning is the first morning I’ve felt sick. Wasn’t actually sick but felt terrible was boking a lot. I’m actually happy about this as I was worried about lack of symptom. I’m 6 weeks tomorrow so this might be symptoms kicking in more xx

• It’s so scary! :( hate all this waiting! thats good you have a few more symptoms now! You are a week ahead of me. I hope to start feeling sick soon lol! 

I’m very tired this evening and the metalic taste in my mouth is back! Xx

• Sorry ladies I’ve been desperately trying to get on to update you all. I haven’t had a chance to read everyoneS updates but I’ll do that later when I get the kids off to bed. Hope everyone is ok though!

right so today I should be 6+5, to be blunt we only had sex twice in that cycle. The Sonographe could see only the sac but said I was measuring at 6 weeks. She said she’s not worried at this stage that she can only see the sac. But she did find a very big cyst on my left side that explains the pain I’ve been having, I have to go into A&E if I have severe pain in case it has twisted or ruptured. I had a big cyst throughout my first full pregnancy and a similar situation with only seeing the sac. They are re scanning me in one week to see if things have grown. Fingers crossed it’s a quick week xx

• yeah the waiting is a killer ! At least now you have a date to focus on so that’s great news :) I’m same shatterd & my mouth is dry constant lol xx

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions