Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant? Welcome to Due in October 2019

Replies

• Options

Ellie- natural laxatives are in cucumber.. I had it in my morning juice and after two days I finally went. all fruit really helps you go? I think prunes do? 

I have a nap in the afternoon with my baby and I wake up feeling sick/ usually a strong cup of tea helps but it's then I crave crap so I try to resist even taking bites out of my daughter bagel lol just don't want to get carried away with carbs as I won't stop. My girl is teething ATM (top ones) and my god it's awful, she wakes up at 3 for 1.5hours and sat on our bed we get slapped and kicked- put her back in her cot and she screams /screaches- so I cave in and bring her back into bed as my neighbour Gets up early as it is. Our next house has to be detached as I can't deal with the pressure and stress of wondering what my neighbour is thinking. 

Where my daughter is teething she's also becoming really irritable and 'tantrum' like behaviour starts by kicking and throwing herself back, so I'm so aware for her not to kick into my tummy as she's done it once already. 

any more inklings on gender.. I did Chinese calendar but I don't know what date I would of technically concevied But it Said boy/ Im really hoping for a girl. I was super shocked i carried a girl first of all as I'm one of all boys and my mum is too: husband only child but id love to shift the dynamics and have two girls but i keep trying to think of equal excitement for a boy:: I don't know how I'd be with a boy (sounds ridiculous)

• Options

First scan is tomorrow!!! I am so nervous! My boobs have sharp pains at times and felt a sharp pain in my stomach while walking today. I am trying hard to eat healthy but its hard when every veggie and fruit is making me gag. I am so ready to see this little one. 

Is it normal to feel terrified that there wont be anything there? I mean I have a ton of symptoms like morning sickness, sleeplessness, swollen boobs and no period for two months now but I am terrified that this is all in my head.

It sounds like everyone is doing much better! So happy to hear!

• Options

Hi all, I’m Lisa, I’m due October 20th so 5+1 now with my second. I just wanted to introduce myself. My son is 18 months old.

Im feeling well so far, a bit bloated and some cramping but very little nausea. I feel like I was nauseous by this stage in my last pregnancy but I can’t really remember. For those of you who have had previous pregnancies, id love to know if your symptoms were the same or different in different pregnancies? 

😊

• Options

Oh tattedteach that’s exciting ! I feel exact same I to I’m terrified nothing is there please let us know how you get on, mines is Thursday xx

welcome & congratulations Londongirl this is my second although I have had a few miscarriages along the way. I’ll be 7 weeks on Thursday & this has been so different from my last pregnanc. Although that seems forever ago as my daughter is now 13. I was sick from day 1 with her. The only symptoms I have is tiredness & cramps. The nausea has started in last few days but is nothing to bad I haven’t been sick once yet. At beginning I had sore boobs but they have totally settled now xx

• Options

Cucumber? I didn’t know that! I will go and buy some tomorrow! I don’t really like prunes like that though! 

How exciting tomorrow you have your scan! Fingers crossed for you! 

im not sure I can wait another 6 weeks for my scan! I might go for an early one next week or the week after. I’m so scared though!! 

Lmc when is your scan again? Xx

• Options

Hi London

i dont remember my early symptoms from my first, I remember I didn't have many compared to months where I was trying to conceive but my sickness and nausea kicked in at 8weeks I think. 

I feel ok now, still bloated and sicky once I wake up from a nap. I'm having insomnia at night time but that's probably due to extrernal factors playing on my mind. 

• Options

Ellie my scan is this Thursday excited & nervous. All going well I’m going to book a private 1 at 10 weeks so we have a proper scan pic to give kids when we tell them as I’m going to announce it at 10 weeks before we all go to a big family party as don’t think I’ll get away with an excuse for that 1 haha xx

oh jazzy I will need to try eat more cucumber don’t like prunes xx

• Options

Oh and pears too.. I watched a juice man on this morning during the summer and he said pears cucumber mint lemon good for bloating: the best thing for bloating is celery..: I can't stand the smell let alone attempt to eat the stuff so that's a no from me but my best friend is vegan and really into natural remedies etc for healing and health and she suggested celery and Ive actually seen a few people on Instagram post celery juice for bloating.

• Options

Lmc fingers crossed for Thursday! I’m sure everything will be fine :)) and a 10 week scam sounds good too! 

jazzy I don’t mind celery so I’ll be buying cucumber, celery and some pears tomorrow! Xx

• Options

I just booked our private scan for 8weeks. looking at the dates Im just hoping we don't have a mega heatwave this summer 😩 Don't know how heavily pregnant women cope as I struggled last summer not pregnant. 

Atleast babies are due at the start of winter (my Fave time of the year) wrapping up warm and winters walks. I have all the winter stuff for a girl so would be financially a bonus if we had another girl.

• Options

thank you Ellie fingers crossed xx

i hate celery but will stock up on pears & cucumber tomorrow xx

• Options

I’ve been thinking that, when I was pregnant last year it was just a good time beginning of July! This time I have to go right through summer! 😩 

I love the sun but I doubt I’ll love it this year lol xx

• Options

Same, I got pregnant in may so I loved my pregnancy after 20 weeks and not being big in the summer but I might have to buy another air con fan in advance. They always sell out when you need them most lol 

my face is breaking out Ive noticed but I did gave a dermaplane 2weeks ago so I'm not sure if that's playing a role or just hormones. My husband said it happened last time but cleared up really quickly but I don't remember having bad skin atal last time. 

• Options

Ooh did you, is that dermaplane good? can you have it done while pregnant? I’m presuming you can? 

i have a fan, I had to buy one when we had real hot weather not last year the year before! Xx

• Options

So I just did a total pregnant lady thing just now. I was on my Pinterest page and all of a sudden, a thing called a “butter cake” popped up. I looked at the ingredients and I said to myself...I can make that. it would be a nice treat. Literally sent my boyfriend to the store to get the two ingredients I was missing. Baby and mama are very happy right now!image

• Options

Well when I had my dermaplane I didn't know I was pregnant then. So not too sure on what the guidelines are for it. You don't have any real product to your face just scraping the peach fuzz and dead skin and cells from the surface of your face. Felt weird after like skin was cold if my hair hit it lol as I say Ive had little spots since but not too bad just more detoxing bad skin but it could also be the juicing and lots of water is bringing out the crap from my skin too.

my daughter was unsettled last night so before I went to bed I told my husband to sleep on sofa so if I have to cosleep it will be easier: anyway she didn't wake up the whole night until 5:30! This hasn't happened before! I'm sure my husband snoring wakes her up in the night but when her cot was in her own room she screamed being put down in it but now I'm thinking she might sleep better having a quiet room. 

• Options

Jazzy- my little boy fed slept better when he was in his own room. We all just kept waking each other up so when we put him in his own he started sleeping through. 

Feeling very bloated today so loving all these suggestions, will be popping down to buy pears, cucumbers and celery today after work.

• Options

I had my daughter in November so was pregnant through summer & I remember struggling but I’m sure the vitamin D will be good for the baby :) 

I love dermaplane I also break out a bit after it I think it’s just all the toxins etc. I last had mine at Xmas my face has broke out this week. 

I barely slept with bad wind all night 🙈 I’m finding I’m getting it after most things I eat now. Trying to eat lots veg but it’s making me so uncomfortabl. I to I’m also going to stock up today & I read peppermint tea helps never tried it but will try anything. 

Tattedteach good luck today let us know how scan goes xx

• Options

Sickness has kicked in!! I wanted to exercise argh! 

Think I’ll have to buy some ginger biscuits! Not actually been sick but feeling very sick! Xx

• Options

Ellie34- oh no sickness is the worst. Yes I keep ginger biscuits with me everywhere I go.

Been sick 5 times already now which is very different from my first pregnancy. I had a boy last time so maybe girl? Although I’ve got a strong feeling it’s another boy, just can’t explain it. It’s interesting how no two pregnancies are alike, even for the same person! 

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions