Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2019 - Part 2

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in October 2019 peeps, as the original thread has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit slow to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Don't forget to bookmark this thread by hitting the green star next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Enjoy!

Replies

• Currently sat in the doctors waiting room after doubling over in pain at work today. Shooting pains from my pelvic bone to my ribs on my left side. It hurt so much I’d much rather sit another 4 hour tattoo on my ribs that this! Hopefully it’s nothing to worry about 
  • Hope everything’s ok @MissW1997 please let us know how you get on will be thinking of you xx
  • @Lmc19xx all is okay. He tested me for UTI or kidney infection both negative. Said I could have badly pulled a muscle in my side due to straining too much at work, again mentioned of the possibility of miscarriage but that it wasn’t very likely. Me and mum briefly found her heartbeat when I got home so I’m trying to stay positive! Pain has subsided and haven’t had anymore sharp episodes! Need to take it easier, not as fit and slim as I was before! Xx
  • So glad your ok @MissW1997 take it easy & get plenty rest 💞 xx
  • So today I’m 13 weeks 3 days and the bloat is going and I can fit in to my size 6 jeans easily lol. But I’m worrying abit now. I’ve had no cramps or bleeding so I think everything is ok. I think it’s normal for the bloating to go away abit now?! Xx
  • @MissW1997 hope everything is ok xx
  • @MissW1997 oh man that must have been scary. That’s good the doctor has ruled out uti, as that’s not good when pregnant. I’m glad you’re feeling ok-ish. Take it easy please and rest up this weekend. Would you recommend a home Doppler? I can’t believe you can get heartbeat this early, that’s amazing. I’m going to Saturday if the baby show! That’s so awesome you’re going too. I’ll be the one with the husband that looks like he really doesn’t want to be there haha and the mental 2 year old boy running around like crazy. Maybe I’ll bump into you if you’re going sat too. 

• @Ellie34 wow size 6! You’ll probably be one of those that you can’t tell is pregnant unless you can see them on the side! From behind you’ll look exactly the same. I think you’ll have a very neat bump. Mines already lumpy cus of the fat already there haha. Yeah it’s about right to start losing the bloat now and start developing a nice bump as uterus stretches your tummy muscles out. 
  • @hempk I didn’t do NCT classes just the free ones from the hospital and at a nearby children’s centre and they were really good. I’d def recommend for first time mums or those that haven’t had a baby in a while. Def recommend doing some sort of antenatal class. 
  • Got my letter for down syndrome test today, came back with a low chance of baby having it 😀
    First day back at work as well today as been off for a few weeks due to morning sickness, so nervous as I'm a carer and we have a few violent people we look after, not sure what to do 😖

• @Sami0227 I bet that’s a load off your mind getting that letter. Oh man, that’s hard work let alone when you’re pregnant. Could you speak to your manager about your concerns and see if other people could do the known to be violent patients? You might have to go on maternity leave early. 
  • Quick announcement! We’ve a £200 Aldi voucher up for grabs. Just head to latest discussions to enter! 
  • I also feel like my bloating has gone down a lot & I can now start to see a little bump forming when I look at side I can see the shape of it. I’ll be 14 weeks on Thursday the day you show earlier with 2nd so we will see lol xx
  • Sami0227 you should tell you your employer that you're pregnant and they have a duty to do a risk assessment. If you are at risk of harm you don't have to be close to those patients.
    Re bloating I found mine subsided 13-14 weeks but still get it some days badly and gone the next day. 
  • Ah @Louloubee I doubt I’ll be one of those people lol! I’m glad the bloating is going down abit now! :) xx
  • @Louloubee i do love my doppler! Got an amazing video of her heartbeat on Saturday (first time I picked it up). Although I didn’t get it for 2 days so worried like mad! So I’m now only using it once a week on a Saturday as that’s when I start new weeks in pregnancy!
    im going on the Saturday too! Me and mum look very alike (she looks more like a sister than mum as she’s so young) 😂 maybe see you there!  

@Sami0227 I got mine back today too! 1 in 55615 for downs and 1 in 10000 for Edwards and Pataus. But relief isn’t it?!

@Ellie34 you’re so lucky you’re bloating has gone! I’m starting to feel like mine was never bloat and all bloody bump! I’ve been in maternity jeans since 7 weeks and now in mainly maternity tops! People at work are baffled when I tell them I’m only 3 months! I guess some of us are early bloomers! 
  • Oh man today I’ve been having a really weird symptom. I never had this with Ezra. It’s like a sharp stabbing pain right in the vagina. I looked it up online and it’s referred to as ‘lightning crotch’. It’s very common in pregnancy, and it’s not like labour pains or anything, just soooo painful. It actually stopped me in my tracks. I think it’s something to do with where the uterus or baby may be lying on a nerve. I really hope I don’t have this for the rest of the pregnancy!

ooh I’m tempted to get a Doppler. I think that’s good to do it just once a week cus it’ll make you worry if you can’t find it. I’m always surprised when midwives find the heartbeat, must be so hard. 
  • Hi everyone I hope you are well! I’m currently 13 weeks pregnant due on October 18th! This is my scan I had yesterday! Anybody got any ideas what it may be? Boy or girl? 
  • @Louloubee I've been experiencing that same pain, just comes on all of a sudden don't it.

I've been feeling extremely well over the last couple of days, no more bloating or anything, kinda making me worry a bit. Anybody else seem to be feeling alot better? 
  • @Sami0227 yes I’m feeling worried too! Bloating has gone down a lot. I still feel sicky though and still have heart burn bad in the evenings xx
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions