Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2019 - Part 3

Hello everyone, 

This is a new continuation thread for the Due in October 2019 - part 2 peeps, as the second part has become huge and now has so many pages, it's getting a bit slow to load.

We've posted a link to this new thread on the old thread, so hopefully everyone will be able to find it easily enough.

Don't forget to bookmark this thread by hitting the green star next to the thread title, so you don't miss out on any notifications. 

Enjoy!

Replies

• I’m going to have 4 weeks off before my due date so my last working day will be weds 11th sept! Lovely! I cannot bloody wait! Lol xx
  • @Ellie34 4 weeks does sound like heaven. It will soon come around too! 

@Hempk yeah it's so hard to know what's right, but we can't always worry about people pleasing. Trust yourself :-)
  • All went well on re-scab. Baby was in the right position for the spine measurements and even turned right at the end so we could see profile. Perfect really. And no indication of gender which was good as I was worried the surprise would be ruined. That’s it now, won’t see baby until they’re born unless I have a private 4d one. I’m really tempted. 

Thats good to know baby baby bond is recommended too. 

I’m going to carry on working right up until the last minute so I get longer being paid, as I’m not going back after. So I’ve said I’ll take all my annual leave before which will mean I’ll work till mid to end of September. The annual leave I’ll accrue I will be paid for at the end which will be nice.

I still need to get a MatB form. Can I just ask the doctor to do one for me and I pick it up from them? Cus my midwife only works in surgery on weds and I’d like to hand it in sooner rather than later. 
  • Haha, just re-read.... not Re-SCAB! I meant re-scan. I really should proof read these before I send them haha
  • I just text my midwife and she posted it to me. I seem to get stressed about each thing so to me handing it in was a relief. 
  • @Louloubee does your work know your not going back? I haven’t told mine, but I’m not going to take the half pay on top of maternity pay as I have to pay it back if I don’t go back lol and I really do not want to go back! Xx
  • No not yet. To be honest I probably won’t tell them till nearer the end of my maternity leave. They can easily replace me- I’m just a GP receptionist- so don’t need to worry about training a replacement or anything. @Ellie34 I wouldn’t be able to afford to go back. Childcare for 2 kids is expensive and I don’t earn enough to cover so it’d be better for me to be a stay at home mum and dad bring in the bacon! Haha. Plus then I get to spend all my time with the kids which is lovely.

@Hempk  that’s such a good idea, I never thought about doing that. Thank you! 
  • Ah I don’t blame u!! And that’s the same for me, I’m a school receptionist so they can easily replace me, and when I want to go back to work I want to do part time support work which is more money than what I get now and less hours! I definitely do not want to put my 9 month old baby at a nursery so hopefully I’ll find the right job that will fit in with us 😊xx
  • @Ellie34 yeah I’m sure when you want to go back to work, you’ll find something part time and more money. 9 months is so young for nursery isn’t it? I know some people don’t have a choice but I personally wouldn’t want to leave my 9 month old at a nursery that young. 

My friend is getting induced today, I’m a little bit scared for her. I know she’ll be fine but can’t help but worrying. Can’t wait to meet the baby girl and have newborn snuggles. She’s the friend that the baby has Down’s syndrome. I hope the baby is ok as I know they can have heart complications and things. 

17 weeks and 3 days till my due date!
  • Hi girls so after my feeling that something wasn’t right I had a little bit of a bleed this afternoon. Not long back from hospital I have a graze on my cervix which has caused the bleed they said this is common due to an increase in hormones all my other checks were fine so I’m not long & if anything gets worse I’ve to go back up. It wasn’t a lot of blood it was when I wiped & was bright red so got a fright. They said placenta shouldn’t be causing the pain so just have to wait till my scan & see how that’s doing. 
    I have got my form but haven’t yet filled it in my boss was saying I can put a rough date on it when I want to finish but that they can come & go with my date. I’m planning on working as far on as I can as I’m only in from 9-1. I’m a child development officer in a primary school & work with the infants. However with having my daughter 5 weeks early I’ll have to see how things progress hopefully I can go a lot longer this time xx
    glad to hear all went well today @Loubeelou xx
  • My due date is 17 weeks 4 days! Crazy isn’t it!! All day today I’ve been worrying as I haven’t felt her but she’s been kicking me on and off for the last hour now lol. Yeah 9 months is so young, I just couldn’t do it! Aw is she, fingers crossed all is ok, I’m sure they will be fine 🤞🏻🥰xxx
  • Sigh, very frustrating evening this evening. I ordered a load of maternity dresses from ASOS, the stretchy jersey kind that will grow with me and not a single one fit. They were all huge, and I don't mean a little bit loose around the bump, I mean full stop massive on my hips, tummy and shoulders. I'm having so much trouble finding maternity clothes that fit true to size. I keep putting in my pre pregnancy size and then ending up with clothes that swamp me. 😔 H&M has been the only brand I've found so far that have been true to size.
  • @Lmc19xx I had a couple of light bleeds / spotting early on. It's very scary, glad everything was ok though. Fingers crossed for you that it doesn't happen again.
  • @Lmc19xx I'm glad all went well! 

@Louloubee I'm glad you managed to keep the gender a surprise and all was good! 

I dont like the idea of nursery either, it's just too young. My mom and MIL will have a day each of babysitting for us until a reasonable age for nursery. 

I'm trying not to think about going back to work just yet though haha! 

• I don't like the idea of nursery either, especially early on. Unfortunately we don't have any family nearby so we've got a choice of give up work or the baby will need to go to nursery when I come off of maternity. That could be as early as 10 months if I give 2 months of my leave to my husband.
  • Latest purchase made today! The Chicco baby hug 4 in 1! Saw it at the baby show and fell in love so I just HAD to get one, can’t wait to get this Thursday! And the keys to my new home on Friday! All go now 😍
  • @Lmc19xx well done for going to get checked. That must have been pretty scary, being in pain and then wiping red blood 😔 but im
    so glad all is well. Silly cervix giving you all that worry. 

@Ellie34 glad you can feel her now. Horrible when they have their quiet days. 

@Curiosity101 yeah H&M mama has been the best for maternity. Then Dorothy Perkins. Then Jojo Maman Bebe. Then Asos, unfortunately. You’re right that they’re mostly not true to size. Me too with the light bleeds early on, fortunately have all calmed down now too. Ahh sorry to hear you have no family nearby, I really relied on mum and mother in law for childcare when I went back to work at 12 months. So I get that some don’t have a choice. Make sure you look around and find a nursery that you’re comfortable with. My friends baby was in nursery from 6 months, and he’s a happy healthy 3 year old now. They changed nappies, put him down for naps, and fed him her expressed milk when she wanted them too. They should accommodate you so you’ll feel comfortable. Baby will be fine. 

@MrsW92 yeah let’s not think about going back to work yet!! Haha. 

@MissW1997 awesome! Is that a baby carrier? 
  • @Louloubee it’s like a day time instrument for the baby! So it’s a Moses basket, that turns into a baby chair, then into a high chair and a proper chair as the baby grows! 0-3 years old. It’s on wheels so can be wheeled around the house, it can be any height... so floor... or right up to table height or higher! 
    Comes with a mattress, spare sheets and a play bar and I also got the meal kit which includes a cover so it doesn’t get ruined by food and a tray that flips on! 

• This is the type of baby carrier I used for my toddler when he was a baby. It’s the Close Caboo Lite. It was sooo easy to to put on, which isn’t a small thing with a newborn. Ezra always slept so well in there and I loved that I could see him and check I wasn’t smothering him and that he was still breathing. (I know, neurotic first time mama!) It was so light, just a piece of material but felt like there was lots of support for baby’s back and neck. It was quite expensive at £50 odd, if I remember rightly, but it was worth it. Made shopping so easy! 

What carriers, if any, are you all going for? 
  • @Louloubee Logically I know that everything should be fine at a nursery. And tbh they probably have more experience than me at looking after a baby! 😆 But we will definitely take our time and go and look at a couple in the nearby area. I'm also considering a child minder as an possible option. Going to need to do more research. So far most people I've spoken to have family nearby so it's hard to get advice. We've got time though 😃 we're talking around 12 months or so from now fortunately.
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions