Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2019 - Part 4

Replies

• @MissW1997 I feel like a might feel differently about it when in labour but I'd agree, 8lb seems very reasonable for a new born. Although a bunch of the newborn clothes I have say 7.5lb 🤷

I've woken up this morning and feel *much* better. No weird hip pain, not crampy calves, no weird localised pains where I'm being kicked / punched and no where near as tired. Reflux / indigestion is pretty bad though so I reckon the baby has changed positions slightly and I'm very grateful for it! I think everything I felt yesterday is a sign of things to come, but so long as it's not constant for 10 weeks then that's fine by me🤞😊
  • I’ve just had a green tea, well not even half of it and have been so sick!! Baby definitely does not like green tea!! Xx
  • @Curiosity101 Even if you birth a 9lb baby the babygrows will still fit! Newborn clothes fit for a couple of weeks before they go into 0-1month! My friend had a 8.8lb baby and she was in newborn for just shy of a month! 
  • Even the size one nappies (4lbs-9lbs) will be somewhat ‘big’ on them!
  • @MissW1997 I agree with @Curiosity101 he sounds like he wants to just have an input but nothing to do with you or you baby. Some people can be so awful. 

You seem like such a strong person and and that's all your little girl needs. 

@MissW1997 send our love to @Michelleb37 and he baby girl, I can't believe her baby is hear already. Atleest she and baby are in good hands and baby will be looked after. 
    Keep us updated 💖

@Curiosity101 your baby scan is adorable and fantastic that you get another peek at baby again soon. Also the little suits are gorgeous, I bought the panda one aswell from tesco supprised of how lovely and thick the material is. I can't wait for the cool winter weather to come. Xxx

• Ladies, i have been asked by Michelle to introduce to you ‘sophie’. Beautiful baby girl! They want to keep her in till her due date (16th October) but she’s doing really well! Oxygen through the nose only and a light for jaundice. I’ve sent all your well wishes. Michelle is doing great. 12 hours in labour and only gas and air. Sophie had to have some medication for breathing but it’s returned to normal now. Sophie is a little fighter!
  • Oh my goodness, my heart!! 😍🥰 What a precious little girl. Sophie, keep on growing and thriving for mama please! I can’t believe only oxygen through the nose... I expected a full on ventilator mask. That’s great news. Thank you for sending our well wishes on and keep us updated how things go. I suppose it’s a very emotional time for Michelle and all their focus needs to go on Sophie so completely understand updating us through @MissW1997. But come back on when you can @Michelleb37 👍 

I’ve updated our Baby list with Sophie’s name...

Isn’t it crazy to think all our babies look like Sophie at the mo in our tummies.... she’s a proper little baby with fingers and toes and her little arms and legs. She even looks a little chubby to me! She is so ridiculously cute, I can’t even. 
  • @Ellie34 I just love her name, Lowen-Mila. That dummy clip is well cute. It is pronounced Mee-la or more like Mill-er? That cake topper is just perfect too. 
  • @Curiosity101 that’s good news you’re feeling better. I think if your reflux has come back probably means baby has shifted up a bit so you’re probably going to get a bit of relief from the lower down pains now.

I’m feeling good today too, popped to boots to get all the hospital bag stuff and ended up spending £60 🙈 I’ll do a photo of what I’ve got so far in a mo, just need to put Ezra down for his nap...

• How cute is this I’ve just bought! 💖xx
  • @Louloubee thank you! It’s pronounced Meela! Xx
  • Aww what a beautiful baby girl! Thanks for sharing her pictures to us. I've been thinking about her all day. 
    I am due on 16th oct so to see her baby who was due same time as me is amazing. She is gorgeous and is clearing doing very well! 

@Ellie34 loving the gorgeous little outfit! 
    It is so nice to see all the autumn clothes now. 

I went to 1st antenatal class last night with hubby and honestly can say I feel so much more relaxed about giving birth, they went through everything in lots of details and felt like I have learned so much! 100% worth going. 
  • A pink cord dungaree set? This is what makes me hope I’m having a girl haha. Very cute @Ellie34. Ahh thanks for the pronunciation help, it really is a beaut name. 
  • @Jodie93 ahh I’m glad you enjoyed the antenatal classes. I’d really recommend them too. They just explain things so well and help you understand what you will be going through.

I’m not doing any this time, other than a VBAC class on Friday 30th August, which is specifically for those trying to go for a vaginal birth after having had a c section. I’m looking forward to it though. 
  • @Louloubee yeh it's Brill as this is our 1st baby and really don't have a clue 😂 but now we feel so much more confident now.

Hope you enjoy your class 🤗 
  • Thank you for the recommendations! I’ll look into the classes again! I was originally going too... but after watching every episode going of one born and my yoga classes focus on breathing and positions I didn’t think about it again but would like to try! 
  • Loving all the winter clothes! I wouldn’t mind a little cord dress like this too haha! 
    I cant find any antenatal classes they are all courses! I don’t want one that’s 16 hours over a few days! How do I find one? Xx

• My hospital bag packing:

lanolin
    hairbands
    plastic bag for dirty stuff
    small makeup case
    Tens machine
    toothbrush
    Tisserand aromatherapy oils
    shampoo
    conditioner
    deoderant
    maternity pads
    breast pads
    flip flops
    nightie (button down for easy access)
    clothes- leggings and baggy blue top

(oh and those maternity pads at the top are just from boots, not to go in the bag, but will be handy nearer the time/on the way to the hospital in case waters break. I can’t remember who recommended them but such a good idea thanks!)

still need to pack:
    toothpaste
    slippers
    cheap knickers
    Body cooling spray?
    snacks and drinks for me and hubby
    change of clothes for hubby
    camera/charger
    phone charger
    blood testing stuff
    colostrum in mini freezer bag
    maternity notes
    any tealights/speaker in case I do labour and want to set the mood
    earphones 
  • Oh I forgot nursing bras

• These are some of my fave 0-3 wintery bits! The romper, dress and shorts all came with matching tights. 
    I just love the cardigan with bunny ears 😍 I have a 4 year old bunny called ‘thumper’ so baby Lexie has loads of bunny and Disney thumper bits! I’m sure they’ll be best friends when she’s bigger 🙈
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions