Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2019 - Part 4

1464748495052»

Replies

• You guys shouldn’t worry how much you’ve put on. A good stone of that (or more) will be baby and placenta and water. And the other stone or two will drop off you so quickly after the birth. Remember your blood volume goes up, as well as fluid retention.
  • @Louloubee I’m not worried! I know I’ll have it off 😊

recommendations on baby carriers? As in the ones you wear 😂 
  • @MissW1997 good good! I think that’s why midwives don’t bother weighing us 🙈 no need to worry about that.

I have the sling type one, the caboo lite in grey. I loved it, great from newborn, but will need something with more support for older kids and we never got around to buying one! 
  • @Louloubee do you not get weighed in?! I do 😂 wish I didn’t 🙄

ooh thank you for the recommendation! I’ll have a look into that one! 🥰
  • Heart beat seemed fine between 130- 140 which is good. Baby decided to move a little more when she had me on the monitor which is good. But midwife said to be extra sure she will arrange for me to have a scan tomorrow or thursday when they call me. I'm really happy they are as I haven't had any recent scans since my 4D private one at 23 weeks. Nice price of mind to check everything is still fine which I'm feeling very positive it is. Defo recommend going to be checked or speak to a midwife if anyone feels unsure of anything. 
  • @jodie1993 Oh I’m so pleased you got checked out. I’ve heard horror stories of mums noticing reductions of movement, even trying the Doppler at home and seeing that baby’s heart is beating, for baby to not be very well at all. And that’s brilliant that baby is ok. There’s nothing wrong with getting checked, I’ve done it twice this pregnancy already and did it once last pregnancy. And that’s good you’re getting a scan, that piece of mind is priceless and you’ll get a little glimpse of baby before they’re born. 
  • Heartburn is killing me tonight. The Rennies just aren’t cutting it 😒
  • Cw92Cw92 Regular
    edited Sep 10, 2019 11:12PM
    @Louloubee I'm not worried about the weight gain as i dont feel ive Actually put much on. Never really been a weight worryer just more how big will he be 😂 im also lay awake with acid And heartburn. 5 spoonfuls of peptac and it hasn't touched it. Gonna be a long night 😢

@MissW1997 yes let us know how big they predict Lexie to be, will be very interested to know. Also with baby carrier I've gone with the baby Bjorn. I was too worried I couldn't fasten the sling ones myself. They look more comfortable for mom and baby but i dont trust myself to fasten it right😂 

@Jodie93 I'm glad you went to get checked and all is good. You can never be too cautious xx
  • @Louloubee I feel for you with the heartburn! I just woke up for a wee and was tossing and turning from terrible heartburn and all I could think about was a banana nesquik so, it’s 4am. And I’m awake drinking milkshake. Sucking on rennies. Oh the joys 😂 hope yours subsided for the night!!

@MrsW92 thank you very much for the recommendation! I’ll have a look at that one too! Like you, I think I’d be worried about the tie up ones, but I’m sure after a few practices youd master it! Xx
  • I’ve got the bjorn baby carrier, loads of people recommended them 😊 
    my 36 midwife appt is this afternoon! Birth plan coming up! Can’t wait to hear her heartbeat and find out if she’s anymore engaged! Xx 
  • Hello everyone! We've just spotted this thread has topped 1k posts, so here's what is likely to be your final birth club thread :grimace:

CONTINUATION THREAD HERE! Please do come on over as we will lock this one shortly. 

Just so you all know, once the babies have arrived, we will kick you off an October 2019 Babies thread where you can keep on chatting. 
  • DanielleMFMDanielleMFM admin
    edited Sep 12, 2019 8:09AM
    Closing this thread now.
    CONTINUATION THREAD HERE!
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions