Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in October 2019 - Part 5

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone, for those of you who already have a child, do you have a moment to help with us a question we're asking on the forum today? It's about bathing new born babies and you can find it here. We'd love it if you could help us answer our questions. Thank you blush
  • Options
    Hi ladies, so I had a call this morning from hospital asking for me to go in next week to GTT Unit then one hour later go to the antenatal clinic at the hospital.
    I can't eat from the night before but my appointment is at 8.45am so shouldn't be to bad. Can I have some advice? What am I to expect and is this a normal for them to be checking me for this? I'm getting abit anxious and worried if I have diabetes, if I do can ir be treated and go for good? Will it affect the baby? I have been so fine up till now and I'm getting worried. I just hope it's a normal routine check. Xx 
  • Options
    Thank you, it’s just a beautiful castle and gardens 😊

@ellie34 yes def a very clever girl. I have a feeling she’ll be walking at 9 months and talking early too if she carries on like this! Ahh it’s really good news, means there’s such a little chance she can move out of position now. Is she facing backwards? Or back to back? 
  • Options
    @Jodie1993 it’s really good you’re doing a GTT. They must have some concerns about size to do that I’m sure it’s not a routine test. Was baby measuring big on the belly at your scan by any chance? Cus babies of GD can develop a bigger tummy too quickly. Or were your fundal height measurements a bit big? 

Maybe it was because of your worries about less movement, as placenta can calcify and deteriorate if you don’t treat GD. Although I’m sure they would have seen less blood flow from the placenta at the scan. 

The actual GTT test isn’t that bad. If anything, a little boring. You go in, after fasting from 10pm the night before, have a blood test. Then immediately get a very sugary drink to drink. Then 2 hours later they do another blood test. I brought some knitting with me to pass the time, but there were loads of mums so we had a good natter and that passed the time. 

I don't know why you'd go antenatal only one hour later as bloods will need to be sent to labs to get tested.... I found a day later.... unless they do pinprick check instead (which would be at the end of your fingertip) in which case they’ll know straight away and then they’d discuss the results straight away. Maybe they do that as you’re quite far along so would want you to be starting changes to diet/meds straight away at this point. 

Yes of course its not too late to treat. In fact, they say these last few weeks are almost the most important to keep blood sugars under control as a lot of baby growth is done at this point. So some mums that get diagnosed early can start getting complacent and think baby will be here soon so I can stuff my face with chocolate, but this is the WORST time to not control your bloods. Even right in labour they control your blood sugar with a sliding scale if needed, and test your blood sugar every hour!! It’s so important to control even right until baby is nearly out. 

Let us us know how it goes 👍
  • Options
    You live in the right area haha @MissW1997 that’s good it’s not a ‘concern’ scan and just a routine one. I bet you can’t wait to see Lexie again!! Let us know how it goes and if she has any hair and the estimated weight!! So exciting. 
  • Options
    Yes I’m so happy I’m not Group B strep Positive this labour! I’m hoping that’ll help me if I get my VBAC cus getting cannulated and having to stick near an IV drip doesn’t really promote calmness and positivity for hypnobirthing haha
  • Options
    @Louloubee I am quite lucky where I live! 😊 
    I can’t wait to see her again! Although at this stage... I know I won’t see a lot as she’ll be so big 💗
    I will let you know how it goes!

just took mum to the doctors, she had her coil replaced. All I heard in the car home was ‘I really do not envy you in 4 weeks’ as the coil gives you contractions once put in! Yeah thank you mum 😂 her facial expressions said it all 🙄
  • Options
    edited Sep 12, 2019 11:35AM
    @MissW1997 mums like to say the most helpful things 😂 remember your contractions will give you Lexie! Sooooo completely different. If you breathe through it and concentrate on keeping calm you might even be like the lucky few that go ‘in the zone’ and don’t actually feel much of the pain 👍

Yeah they’re so cramped aren’t they at this stage bless their little hearts, but the sonographer will hopefully show you all the bits she’s measuring. Our hospital has the screens above your heads so the mum can watch everything the sonographer is doing which is good. Our other local hospital they do all the checks and then you only get 5 mins at the end when she turns the screen around! 
  • Options
    @Louloubee I know! I said ‘mum, you’ve just had a little thing inserted I’m about to push a bloody baby out! It’s so different 🤣’

i Know tattoos aren’t the same but I have 4 big ones. And they were long sittings all in the most know painful places too 🤣 I just zoned out, breathed through it and absolutely aced it! I know this is miles different and a hell of s lot more painful, but if I managed to zone out all 4 times then I’d hope to be able to in labour too 😊

my hospital has the TV scenes on the wall so I can watch all what’s going on too! It was really Interesting at the 20 weeks looking at the spine and heart and kidneys and stuff! I’m hoping her head has caught up now too! 
  • Options
    Oh yeah @MissW1997 I remember you saying about her head at the last scan now. Yeah I’m sure it has. Ahh fab, so you’ll get to see all of her which is lovely. 

Yes tattoos are meant to be very painful so I reckon if you do that in labour, you’ll ace it too 💪 some people have high pain thresholds, I think with your sciatica you’ve proven to that as well so I reckon you’ll be absolutely fine! 
  • Options
    @Louloubee see my tattoos didn’t hurt me but my tattooist said that I’m ‘hard as nails’ so we will see! Haha 😂
    In regards to my sciatica, how you can say I’ve been tough makes me laugh! I’ve done nothing but moan for a week now I feel like a right baby 🙈
  • Options
    @MissW1997 Ahh bless your heart. I think you have been tough! I would have been crying up the hospital every day!! The fact that you’re powering through and didn’t even consider taking painkillers which could have transferred to baby is mega tough too! 
  • Options
    I’m 36 weeks today. 4 weeks to go.... Tomorrow will be 3 weeks 6 days! Sounds well scary saying it like that!! How can I have a baby in 3 weeks?? 

Tomorrow I have my last scan. Also have a - a diabetic midwife appointment, and final consultant appointment to discuss options for birth like c-section or vbac. It’s likely they’ll book my cs and then if I happen to go into labour spontaneously they will let me try! 

Then I have an afternoon at work till 6pm, then off out to dinner in the evening with the work crew for my leaving meal. It’ll be nice to finally get work over and done with to be honest though, so I can fully concentrate on getting this baby out! 

I wonder who of us will be next to have their babies? I know @Lmc19xx is def end of September. Is it 27th? I wonder if any babies will come before that! 
  • Options

Just been out for lunch! My nearly 36 week bump 💖xx 
  • Options
    @Louloubee ahhh lol def a clever girlie, def doesn’t take after me or daddy haha! 🤣 her back is against my stomach, so that’s the correct way, I don’t know what it’s actually called though lol xx 
  • Options
    Back to front? 😂 @Ellie34 but that implies it’s the wrong way and that is def the right way for baby to be laying! I’m not sure actually! Yay that is brilliant, and you look awesome, loving the nearly 36 weeks bump
  • Options
    My 36w bump! Still high, but def dropped a little. 

• Options
    Lol she’s the right way which ever way that is suppose to be! 🤣 thank you! What time is your appt tomorrow? Xx
  • Options
    @Loubeelou yeah I’m booked in for Friday the 27th September weekend 😊 I still can’t get over I'm having a baby in almost 2 weeks 🙈 keep wondering when it will hit me 😂 I’ve been having some period type cramps down below from last night thinking it may just be her head dropping into position. They told me last week that her heads down just above my pubic bone & that she heading in right direction so wondering if that’s causing the pain. You & @Ellie34 both look fab 🥰 xx
  • Options
    So scan was amazing! I almost cried happy tears after the worry from the last scan. 
    She over all is bang on 50% so average size baby!
    She has a steady exact growth throughout and is in all the same percentiles. 
    Head is so low in my pelvis they struggled to get the brain signals! 🙈 
    Shes very happy in there all the placenta supplies, cord supplies and brain activity and heart is amazing! 
    And my little chunk weighs 6lbs 1oz 😍 with an estimated delivery weight (in my due date) of 7 and a half - 8lbs, so a beautiful weight 🥰

heres a photo of her face, they don’t usually give photos past 28 weeks as they aren’t clear! but you can see her mouth and nose and she’s sticking her tongue out 🙈💗

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions