Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2019 - Part 5

Replies

• Hey guys. We're feeling very sleepy today 😔 Night time feeds and expressing definitely taking their toll. I really hope I can transition him to breastfeeding soon. I thought expressing might somehow be easier because it would mean either me or my husband could feed him... But it really isn't 😅.

In better news, we're on day 13 and have had another weigh in. 2.12kg ☺️ which is a tiny bit over his birth weight of 2.09kg! 

I also weighed myself today out of curiosity. I've put on 5lb which I'm very happy with. 
  • @Lmc19xx no way 2 weeks is crazy soon! Can’t wait for the announcement from you. Yeah I reckon you’re right, that’s the pain, cus her head is right there. Eeeee so exciting
  • @MissW1997 so so happy scan went well. What a good girl growing perfectly average. A good 7-8lb is what you want! It’s so funny how squished they are in there now isn’t it? Lovely photo of her little face! So cute! I don’t think they’ve ever checked brain signals for my scans so I might ask them this time around 👍
  • @Ellie34 it’s nice and early at 8:40 and then consultant at 10am. Can’t wait! 
  • @Curiosity101 you are doing so well. It’s soooo tiring. I still insist it’s some kind of torture!! Haha. Expressing is hard work too, I know it means hubby can help with night feeds but I found I woke up anyway!!

Yay for Harvey hitting his birth weight and even going a little bit more 👏 that’s so good about your weight too. 

Have you had many visitors yet? I dreaded that part as I was in PJs for a good month haha. 
  • Our bouncer came today! I love the electronic bouncer function, it seems to work really well with Buzz Lightyear in there. 😂 and it feels so comfy! Hopefully baby will love it. 

• @Louloubee i think it was brain signals... said she had to get to a specific layer of the head and it was red and blue electrodes and they were shooting all over 🤷🏻‍♀️
    Very clever girly! I’m just so excited to meet her now 😍💗 
    good luck tomorrow! Xx
  • Yeah, you’re right I’m sure. I think your hospital might just have better machines than ours! You seem to get a better service too. 🙈 thank you, mega excited. @MissW1997
  • @Louloubee so good that it’s early! Look forward to seeing your post on here tomorrow! Fingers crossed he or she is engaged 😊 xx
  • @Louloubee I suppose being in oxford and it being a top hospital they have to be quite good! The waits are terrible you literally have to allow 3 hours for your scan including waiting times 🙄

look forward to hearing all about it! 💗💙
  • Well I had the WORST possible sonographer ever. I ended up in tears from how rude and dismissive she was. I had my mum with me, and she wasn’t allowed in with me. I explained I didn’t want to be on my own and that made no difference. I tried asking questions like where is the placenta lying etc and she was like “we don’t check that.” I said was the placenta working well because with the GD that’s a concern and she was like “well we check that at every scan so of course I checked that.” I never speak up for myself so this time I did and said that her responses to simple questions were not ok and there’s no need to be rude to me just because I wanted my mum with me in this last scan. She spent as little time as possible, I think we were in and out within 10 minutes. Felt very rushed and just not a nice experience. Feel gutted to be honest. So I’m currently sat in the loos trying to calm down for my consultant appointment so I don’t go in with a negative attitude and end up just signing up for a c section as soon as possible. Sorry to rant. 
  • Aww @Loubeelou I'm so sorry to hear that 😢 definitely mention her attitude to your consultant that’s horrible of her ! I also had a bad experience with 1 at my scan who was very rushed & rude with little info. Hope your ok I’m so glad your mums with you ❤️ 🤞 you have been so positive throughout so please don’t give her the satisfaction of bringing you down 🥰 
  • @Louloubee oh sweet how awful! That sounds like a real hard experience especially being your last scan and wanting to enjoy it. Sending my love and hope you feel better for the consultant xx
  • Not sure if any of you lovely ladies are ‘Aries?’ But our star sign says ‘the full moon is going to deliver a promise’ I'm Desperately hoping this means baby time 🤣xx
  • I'm an Aries :smile: although I'm definitely not ready for baby just yet. First milestone is starting my maternity a week today and then the week after would be better as they'll be much less dust around the house.

@Louloubee what a shame about the sonographer. They should be putting you at ease at this stage. How did you get on with the consultant?

I'm getting chunky feet again today, my blood pressure was fine on Wednesday so I'm hoping it's just the heat and walking up and down the stairs at work all the time!
  • @Diddlyd I’m now not even starting maternity at all, just going until I pop haha! 🤣 means I get 2 more full pay checks with my accumulated holiday 😊

bless you with your feet! My ankles are a little swelled just means I can only wear pumps so my feet get a little chilly sometimes 🙈
  • Such a shame you didn’t have a good experience today @Louloubee I hope you complained about her after, there’s just no need to be rude! Hopefully the next part of your appointment went well 🤞🏻
    We are hopefully booking a holiday tomorrow! I’ve looked at soooo many places for next May, baby will be around 7 months so fingers crossed all will be ok! Can’t wait to book it ☀️✈️💕
  • Had an eventful night/day ladies. Last night I had a gush of my waters wouldn’t say it was loads but a small enough puddle that soaked my bottoms & dribbled to floor, phoned triage they said to monitor overnight & contact if anymore which there wasn’t during the night, but this morning when I wiped I had mucus tinged with little bit of blood so they said it sounded like a show & I was to go up. Went up & everything was fine good trace on monitor etc they examined me & thankfully my cervix is still closed & no sign of anymore water leaking ! They said it may just be my body’s way of preparing for labour & I've to keep an eye on it. I’m so glad it’s not labour yet as I’d still like a bit more time but only she will know when she’s ready to arrive so feel like it’s a waiting game now, not so sure I’ll make it these 2 weeks now 🙈 xx
  • Oh exciting @Ellie34 😊 we booked ours few weeks ago for 3rd June, going to a fab hotel we have been to loads of times in Benidorm. It’s just outside the main part of Benidorm but it’s so fab for kids has a huge watermark in it which is ideal for my daughter & stepson & a few lovely splash pools for Paisliè she will be 9 months I’m so excited for it 🥰
  • Waterpark 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions