Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2020

Replies

• Oh I’m so excited for you all and seems like there are lots of boys coming!! I’ve popped but definitely look bigger at night than the morning. My next scan is 22nd May which is NHS- was looking to go private but all the places round my way are shut for private gender scans so going to have to be patient. @Nicky55 your bump is perfect! 

I’m still working full time as a keyworker and balancing a toddler so the sooner this lockdown is over the better! 
  • So many boys! 💙💙💙 have you boy mamas started to think about names yet?

Our hospital doesn't do the 20 week scan until 22 weeks, so I've still got a while to wait (3rd June)! Have been tempted by a private scan but not so keen on travelling through central London for it! 

@Nicky55 -what a gorgeous scan photo and a perfect bump! I'm still just looking like I've been going overboard on the sweets! 😂

Have you all started to feel movement yet? I've had a few flutters here and there but it's hard to tell baby or gas...! Have any partners felt baby move yet? I think my husband feels a bit left out - hasn't been able to come to scans, appointments etc, so looking forward to him being able to feel baby move 😊
  • I found out I'm having a boy too xx 
  • Aww lots of boys 💙 congratulations. I’ve got my scan in a couple of weeks, not finding out the gender. I’ve got all boys so will probably be another one, I don’t mind either way x 
  • Oh wow @Emmie30 I’ve never heard hospitals doing scans at 22 weeks.. will be worth the wait though! 
    I’ve started to have flutters but they aren’t there everyday yet and partner hasn’t felt them. 
    We have a potential boys name (Jesse) but a girls name will be extremely difficult if it’s needed- we just can’t agree on one single name haha. 
  • @Emmie30 thank you 🥰
    I’ve felt some bubbles and like rumbles but there on and off felt him yesterday but not today. Hubby keeps trying to feel it but hasn’t yet he keeps putting his head in my tummy to listen instead 😍
    i couldn’t have waited till 22w we had to have a scan to make sure all ok xx
  • @Nicky55 and @Hannylou247 it's reassuring to hear you've both felt bubbles/flutters on and off - me too - and on the days I don't feel anything I do get a tiny bit worried, but it sounds like it's quite normal at this stage! Phew!

@Sunshine976 - congrats on finding out you're having a boy 💙

@Hannylou247 - Jesse is a gorgeous name! One of those names that's super cute for a baby but also works really well for an adult too! X
  • Hi everyone, we haven't heard from you guys in a while so we wanted to check in and see how you are all doing? Any more 20 week scans happened? We would love to hear from you and hope you are all safe and well. 
  • hi beauties <3 i popped in and read a bit <3 happy to see most of you are still here <3 some of u dont know me but i was here in the beginning before my mc :( but i just wanted to see who was still here n what u all were having <3 im so happy for each and every one of you <3 october 5th will a sad day for me but ill push on thru <3 congrats to all of you <3 nice reading about ur journeys <3 lots of love <3 have a happy n healthy 9 months
  • Been a minute but work has had me extremely busy. Glad to see everybody doing well. I swear this is the year of the boys. I’m now 22 weeks and we went with Ace for his name. How about bumps? Anybody popped out yet? There’s my bump 😬 so excited 
  • Thank you @Catlady220 for your kind message- hope you are keeping well. 

@basil2014 Love the name and your bump is perfect- I have popped but seems very low at the moment. 

Scan showed that I am also having another boy!! I also have an anterior placenta so kicks aren’t that regular which is freaking me out most days. Kicks are really low so obviously in an odd position! 

Is everyone feeling kicks now? 
  • We’re doing good, feeling kicks a lot now but still freaks me out when I don’t feel him for a few hours. The kicks are all over my belly but the low blows shock me a little 😂. My bump is definitely obvious now. We are calling our boy Edward John after our fathers who we both lost a month apart 🥰
  • Ahh lovely meaning to your name @Nicky55. My son is called Edward but we call him Teddy :) Love the bump too!! 

I think I’m more anxious about kicks and things because I haven’t seen a midwife yet at all due to COVID 19 so hard not hearing heart beat etc, apart from the scans. Was going to get a Doppler but thought that could be dangerous if I misread it so decided against. 

• Hi everyone, lovely bump pictures. I’m 22 weeks but didn’t find out what we are having. 

@Catlady220 hope you are well? Wishing you lots of luck for your bfp very soon. X 
  • Hi !!  I'll be 26 weeks on Saturday with my second little boy (7 year age gap!)  Due 17th October 💙
  • Feel like I haven’t been on here in awhile. How’s everyone getting on. I’m now 36 weeks and started having morning sickness which is well annoying. Can’t sleep at now very restless I actually can’t wait now looool. Xxx
  • Hi everyone, as this birth club went quiet, we wanted to check in see how you are all doing? Have you had your baby? We would so love to hear from you, and let us know how your birth went, or if you are still waiting. 
  • Currently in hospital started induction yesterday 🤞🏻🥰
  • So exciting Nicky55!! Hope everything moves along nice and quickly for you.  I’ve just had a midwife appointment... baby is officially engaged and I’m booked for a sweep next week. Is anybody else getting really impatient? I’m desperate to meet this little one and see who it’s going to be! 😂
  • Nicky55 said:
    Currently in hospital started induction yesterday 🤞🏻🥰
    Oh good luck @Nicky55 we can not wait to hear your news!