Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2021

Replies

• @Gracesmum89 digital tests aren’t very accurate apparently so please try not to worry (I know easier said than done I still run to the bathroom at every twinge when I’m at home- thank goodness I’m not able to do so at work or I’d be there all day 🙈) If in doubt though maybe talk to your gp I think they can do blood tests or the early pregnancy hub I think it’s called.

I totally jinxed myself saying I didn’t really have any symptoms. Vivid dreams and morning nausea have started now 🤦‍♀️x
  • @Gracesmum89 it really is such a stressful time! 
    Just remember different brands will show differently too and be affected by how concentrated your urine is and I agree digitals aren't super accurate either. 
    Do you still have symptoms? 
    Sending hugs, we'll hopefully all be passed the most anxious part soon enough! xx
  • Hi ladies feeling a bit more positive today! I find this stage really stressful. Pregnancy after loss is hard. I have a pounding headache and some nausea today also my tests look darker so I feel like I’ve had a hormonal surge. ✨ How are you all feeling? Any symptoms? Anyone had any sickness? X
  • CpsdCpsd Regular
    edited Feb 3, 2021 3:25PM
    Hiya! It's interesting to know digital tests aren't that accurate! @Gracesmum89 glad to hear you've had some more symptoms - bit of reassurance! Sending positivity to you all! I haven't had any sickness but my boobs are still sore and I feel exhausted a lot. I wish we could get confirmation earlier that everything is ok to save us from this anxiety! X
  • @Cpsd I know the anxiety is awful isn’t it! I spoke to my midwife today and she’s booked a reassurance scan for 2/3. I was hoping it’d be the week before. Xx
  • Caved and tested again today (I totally understand what you mean @Gracesmum89 about an early scan actually being cheaper) lines are still strong so that’s reassuring but I’m kind of annoyed with myself when I think last time I was pregnant I tested once and that was enough for the whole pregnancy 🤦‍♀️ 
    Sore boobs and slight nausea constantly but that could just be anxiety as work is really busy and I’m buying and selling a house right now 😬 
  • @Lyra1984 with my first I only did one test too! Every pregnancy since I serial test! Multiple times a day 😳😂 I’ve had some nausea and cramping. I did my fb digital and got 2-3 weeks (I was starting to worry) xx 
  • @Gracesmum89 Oh I’m so pleased it’s updated and you’re feeling more confident 😊😊😊😊xx
  • Evening! How are you all? Xx
  • Hi @Gracesmum89! Good thanks how are you doing? Glad to hear you’ve got a scan booked in, now just a few weeks of anxious waiting 🙄 lol. How are you all dealing with staying safe with Covid and pregnancy? I work from home so I don’t really go out much except for walks so I’m lucky but partner is still working. I went food shopping tonight & felt conscious! Also a few of the food smells made me feel sicky haha!! Xx
  • Hey guys! 
    @Gracesmum89 that's great they've booked you in for a reassurance scan, how far along will you be by then? 
    That's so exciting to to see the progression on the digital tests, yey! 
    I'm still holding out for my digital... Not sure what for lol. 
    I'm going to try not to test this morning to see if I can see better line progression than checking every day. 🤞🙏 I honestly think I'm obsessed! 
    @Lyra1984 ahhh moving house is the worst! I don't blame you for being stressed! We're waiting for a new build to be ready so moved out our house last week and into my parents. 😬🙈
    @Cpsd I work at a hospital so the whole covid thing is on my mind. I didn't have the vaccine when I was offered it a couple of weeks ago as I was waiting to see if I got a BFP or BFN this cycle first and now I feel a bit stuck and wish and got the vaccine then. I think all we can do is just try to keep socially distancing when we can and just follow the rules and hope for the best! 
    Xx
  • I work in an SEN primary so PPE isn’t able to worn and social distancing can’t happen. SEN schools have never shut as all children are vulnerable and therefore should be in school, so I’ve never done the work from home thing unless my little boy has been off due to nursery closures. (Although right now at least I can’t fall asleep at work so working form home probably wouldn’t be happening right now lol) I’ve made my peace with the obvious COVID risks and management are doing their best to keep us safe. We have covid tests to take twice a week that all staff in my class have agreed to do which helps but it’s tough especially as my son is in nursery too with many other children across the week also with no PPE or social distancing. I Have been avoiding supermarkets which seems the worst place to pick it up right now I’m just hoping by august things will be safer as I think the risk is higher in your 3rd trimester but that could be old info as I’m trying to avoid reading too much around it and scaring myself. 😬🙈

Is anyone else feeling really really tired? I have a little boy and am on my feet all day at work but literally fell asleep at 7:30 last night with my little one and didn’t wake up until just now 🙈 
  • @cpsd I’ve been thinking about covid loads this week, especially with new strain. I’m a team leader in a bank I have done bits and bobs from home but really to support my team fully I have to be with them. When I was pregnant end of last year I wasn’t too concerned about covid but I think since my miscarriage I’ve developed som anxiety and healthy is a big one. I just don’t want to risk anything happening. I’m avoiding shops as much as possible and doing click and collect shopping orders. 

@JenandDyl I’ll be 8+2 I think when I have my scan. I’ve gotten stressed about that as I feel it’s a long way to wait (I mean it’s not really) but I’m feeling anxious abs impatient haha! I’ve booked a private scan for 22nd and I’ll be 7 weeks then. 

I keep getting waves of nausea the past couple of days.. so I think it’s only going to be a matter of time before the plastic tub becomes my new accessory 😂 xx
  • @JenandDyl must be really difficult for you to work in a hospital! Are they not telling people to wait for the vaccine if you're of child-bearing age? Absolutely, it is pretty much unavoidable isn't it but as long as you try to stay as safe as you can it's all you can do.
    @Lyra1984 moving house is so stressful isn't it, we done the same late last year - moved into my partners parents until our purchase went through and we are now currently going through a major renovation so have got builders in and out all the time, driving me mad! It's good you're being tested twice a week, at least you know then. 
    I am feeling so tired! Constantly! I feel so unproductive working from home at the moment, I also typically started a 6 month course yesterday with work as well so more added stress.
    @Gracesmum89 completely understandable - I think anyone in your position would feel the same! Yes I went shopping fairly late last night so it was pretty empty which is good. My mum is also vulnerable so I've always got her bits and pieces and taken her places, I'm trying to put her off as much as I can because she doesn't know but starting to feel mean avoiding her haha, nightmare!! I haven't heard from the midwife team yet but should in the next couple of days. I've asked to move my scan from 6th March to 27th Feb - every week counts!! I should be 8.5 weeks by then. Glad you've got an earlier scan booked in now too Xx
  • @Cpsd Ahh hope they move your scan for you! 😬 my mum is in my support bubble as she lives alone and has carers 4x a day on my day off I pick her up early and bring her to my house until 7pm ish. I’ve not seen her today I’m trying limit stress and she’s going through a divorce her solicitor contacts her through me which is annoying and stressful and they’ve asked for loads of paper work I just didn’t have the mental energy on my day off work to sit going through all that so I’ve put it off ill
    sort it with her next week. Ends up me doing everything for her so I just need a break this week hah. I’ve not told her yet. Can’t wait till scans start popping up on here 😬❤️ Xx
  • @Gracesmum89 fingers crossed! Oh no, that sounds really stressful. You want to do everything for them don't you but it can be really draining! Especially with all of that going on as well. Don't blame you - you want to relax on your day off! My mum & dad are foster parents so they always have a house full of teenagers so trying to keep away, but we currently have no plumbing for washing machine so having to go round there to do that! I know me neither - at least we can all wish the weeks away together! xx
  • Defo wish the time away together! X
  • Hi all! So I’m due in Oct! I just soooo hope this one sticks! Had 2 miscarriages in November and December. I have a little girl who is 17 months old xx
  • Hi @Ellie34 welcome and congratulations 🥳 what date are you due? How are you currently feeling? Xx
  • Hi! I think it’s October 17th! I’m exactly the same dates as I was with my little girl and she ended up arriving a month early! So who knows what will happen. I’m feeling sick on and off already! Peeing a lot! I am worried though that I’m going to miscarry again, the last 2 times was when I got to 5 weeks. I’m only 4 weeks today. Oh and I’m really tired! When are you due? Xx