Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2021

Replies

• @cpsd I'm good thank you 😊 I had that as well with baby, then low and behold they decided get back to their usual routine of wriggling. That must have been so lovely for him to feel your little one. I can't wait until my husband can feel our baby.
    We have bought our pram we went for the silvercross wave, It came as a package with a car seat and a few other bits so we thought that was quite handy. 
    @Ellie34 So nice to see your babies, amazing they could estimate the weight. We just got told our baby is measuring within normal parameters but has a bit of a chubby belly 😂. 
    @Elle1990 I don't blame you, all the outfits are so cute. I'm lucky I work out of town otherwise I'd be the same but we chose now to do an extension so the house is upside down 🤪. Have to resist until I have somewhere to put it. Xxx

• @Ellie34 great news that your scan went well, so lovely seeing them again isn’t it. 
    @Elle1990 it’s so annoying isn’t it! I swear every time I got my partner to feel my belly it would stop & I felt like I was making it up 🤣 2 of my friends managed to feel yesterday as well though was really nice!! Won’t be long until the pram is here then exciting! It’s crazy how long some of these bits take to come isn’t it?! I haven’t even looked at high chairs yet!!
    @Danielle-A-C yes he was so excited to feel the baby too which was lovely! The pram bundles really are so handy! I was trying to look for one but the iCandy pram I liked I found for £570 from a shop in Bournemouth compared to £899 in John Lewis for the exact same thing just a slightly darker colour! So felt like it was worth getting it separately in the end. We’ve got for the maxi cosi pebble pro car seat as it’s I-Size compliant, it’s so confusing reading up on the car seats, which is why we wanted a bundle in the first place 😂 but sorted now!! Xx
  • Hello everyone 
    Thought I'd just pop on to say hi 
    I've been a bit quite as we lost our sister in law on the 26th of May a day after her 46th birthday 
    But I've had my 20 week scan all was well and as it should be 
    Got them to double check the genders and we still have a boy and a girl 
    I'm 21 +2 today 
    My sister also gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on the 14th of June she named her Esther lots of curly dark hair she is just perfect she weighed 6lb 3
  • Hi @pearl16 so sorry to hear your rubbish news. Must be a tough time for you all at the moment. Lovely news about your new niece though! 6lbs 3 is a nice size too!! Wow those scan photos are so clear! How exciting I’m glad it all went ok & always nice to have another check of the genders lol. It’s going to quick now isn’t it! I had my 24 week appt on Thursday, was a quick one! Just heard baby’s heartbeat which was lovely and answered a few questions. Have booked my whooping jab cough for next week then got my 28 week appt mid July. Baby is kicking like mad now a lot of the time, normally when I’m laying in bed trying to sleep! I can see movement in my belly too which feels so weird lol!! Hope you’re all ok xx
  • @Danielle-A-C aw wow, is that stressful with the extension?! 
    @Cpsd our pram has come & we’ve put it together!! 😁😁 so exciting hehe! We’ve bought a Hauck 3 in 1 highchair which you can use from newborn! It basically has a seat like a bouncer that goes high up where the high chair would go and on the floor! 😊 then it’s got the older high chair seat too! We thought it would be handy for him to be high up for when we are sorting bottles or doing food etc especially with the dog (even though he’s good as gold tbf!) 😁 lovely to hear that your baby is moving loads 🥰 my little man is moving lots more too hehe! He seems to be more active in the morning about 8-9 and then evening about 10-12 ish! It’s lovely feeling them isn’t it! The low down kicks feel so strange on my bladder though I think haha!!
    @pearl16 I’m sorry to hear your sad news. I’m glad your 20 week scan went well though 🥰 congratulations with your niece too! ☺️
    Has anyone booked a 4D scan? 
    How is everyone’s buying going?! I love buying stuff! 😊😂 xxx
  • @Elle1990 ahh that is exciting!! We put our pram up but have taken it down again as we are having plastering down soon so want to avoid it getting dusty lol! The high chair does sound good, I haven’t even thought about one yet! It’s probably handy to have baby at your level when you’re trying to eat dinner as well so you’re not up and down I guess! I’ll have to have a look at it! Yes it really is lovely feeling them kick but I agree the kicks that are lower down do feel weird lol!! We’ve got our 4D scan booked for 8th July, I’ll be 27+5 - they said between 27 and 29 weeks is normally a good time. Have you? 
    We’ve got the bigger things like pram car seat & cot. Our mums have been picking bits up like bottle steriliser & warmer plus some plain white baby grows, hats etc. but apart from that not much else! We are going to get a baby carrier, my friends recommended either an ergo baby or babybjorn one, they are bloody expensive lol!! Like £175 for a carrier but will be good for when we go on walks etc. Have you got a lot now? Xx
  • Amazon prime day has lots of offers today too btw! 😊 this set is only £53.99 xx

• @Cpsd do you love the pram? 😊 yea, it was £139 but I think it will be worth it for us. You can use it on the floor as a bouncer too and then the older high chair bit will last a few years so we won’t need to get one of them either! 😁
    Haha they do don’t they 😆😂
    Ooo that’s good! I nearly booked one last night but I haven’t yet! I was going to do it for 10th July which would make me 26+6! I think I’ll regret it if we don’t have one. My husband finds the 4D ones really creepy though haha! 
    We’ve bought the Next2Me crib (I’m going to make that tonight I think hehe!) and we have started stocking up on clothes, nappies, wet wipes! I just love buying clothes, I even bought a couple of 12-18 month cute winter jackets the other day in the next sale 😂😂
    My friend sorted her stuff out on the weekend and she’s offered us a cot bed, nappy bin, travel cot, baby carrier, cot mobile, bath seat and a few other bits so that’s really useful too! 🥰🥰 
    Oh wow! I didn’t realise the carriers were that expensive!! Lol! Worth it if it will get used a lot though ☺️
    The Emma’s diary app gives away 3 freebie packs btw that you can get in Argos or boots. You are apparently allowed to get the packs 3 times too & one of them has a pack of 22 nappies in each time (along with other bits!) which is quite good!! Xx 
  • @Elle1990 oo thanks! I've just bought some wipes and also a sleeping bag from Amazon :) I completely forgot it was prime day! Yes we don't use our dining room table, we use our kitchen island which is obviously a bit higher so something like that would probably work for us as well! Will definitely look into it! 
    I think a 4D scan will make it feel even more real, the normal scans are lovely but seeing an actual baby in there I think will be weird! I bought a Window to the Womb voucher on Groupon for £79 which is for the £139 scan there! Might be worth looking at Groupon to see if they have any near you. Haha ohhhh I so wish I could get excited about buying clothes lol I can't wait for that part once baby is here! I think I'd end up buying crazy amounts if I knew lol. Ahh that's so handy isn't it! It saves so much money borrowing/using second hand. 
    Ahh I have signed up to Emma's Diary but I couldn't work out how to get the freebie packs...I will have to download the app, thanks xx
  • @Cpsd that’s ok 😊 I bought some of the Tommee Tippee nappy bin refills in bulk too so they should last us ages lol! Aw cool! Online4baby we got it from and WEB5 gave 5% off lol. I love bargains! 😂 haha! Yea, I agree, I think it will make it feel so real and I think I’ll regret it if I don’t have one! Oh wow that’s good! I just had a look on window to the womb and my local one has the picture box package for £59 but I can upgrade it for £35 extra. It would then be 4 printed pics, all digital pics sent, a movie and a heartbeat teddy. So that seems good value I think! (Although we already have a heartbeat teddy haha!) we went to first encounters before. Haha I bet, I need to slow down buying clothes a bit now though haha! I’ve had lots in the sale though! Yea, it’s fab, very lucky hehe! 😊 Yea, download the app, then click my club in bottom right corner & then click my free packs in top right corner ☺️ Xxx
  • @Elle1990 I feel like I have Amazon parcels coming every day at the moment!! For me as well as baby 😂. Yes that is good for a 4D scan definitely! That’s what I thought, would regret it if I didn’t do it! Although I’ve had a scan letter through today for 13th July when I’ll be 28+2 - it’s a growth scan & I have no idea why I’ve been referred! I saw the midwife last week at my 24 week appt and she didn’t mention a thing! I popped to the doctors earlier for my whooping cough jab but the midwife is off this week 🙄 so I’ve text her & waiting to hear back. Got me worried now baby is too big or small! I picked up some of the Emma’s diaries free packs today! They’re great aren’t they, they have so much stuff in!! Xx
  • @Cpsd haha I’m the same, always on Amazon! 🙈😂😂
    I haven’t booked one yet, I’m still contemplating whether to spend the money or not haha! 
    That’s strange how they didn’t mention it to you?! Can you ring the hospital or something to put your mind at ease? I do always wonder how they how tell the baby size just from measuring your belly mind coz everyone has different bumps. I’m not sure how it works?! I’m sure they would have said something if they were worried! Have you read your notes to see if she’s written anything in there? 
    Yea, good for free! Apparently you are allowed to redeem them 3 times each as well so you can get them at different shops?! Lol! I was impressed by the nappies haha! There is a pampers money off voucher in there too I think lol xx 
  • @Elle1990 I know I am panicking! Scans to check for breech position is at 36 weeks apparently so it must be a growth one. My midwife didn’t even measure my belly or anything! The nurse at my doctors read my notes earlier and said she couldn’t see anything other than breech so no idea! Hopefully my midwife comes back to me soon and puts my mind at ease lol. 
    Yeah I’m so surprised you can get 3 of each!! Really good. The packs of wipes are good too and like the little testers of bepanthen & sudocrem! Have you had the whooping cough jab? My arm is really hurting! I can hardly lift it 😬 not fun haha!! Xx
  • @Cpsd try not to panic 😊 it’s for a few weeks yet so if they were concerned then you’d think they’d ask you to come for a scan much sooner than that you would think? 
    Have you had any history of diabetes or anything in your family? Maybe it is extra precaution if anyone in your family has any risk factors or something? Not sure but I was just having a Google lol! 
    Yea, nice to have little sample sizes for the changing bag etc! 
    Yea, I had it at 16 weeks ish I think I my arm did really ache for a couple of days! 🙈😂😂 xxx

• Hi everyone! So nearly 25 weeks, I feel and look massive!!! It’s def true what they say on your second!! Xx
  • @Elle1990 I’d like to think so! Really hoping my midwife comes back to me soon. Every kick is reassurance at the moment though! No, no history of diabetes either, I thought it could be that but I haven’t had a blood test since week 12, I’ve got one booked in just before my 28 week appt but think that’s normal. We shall see! My arm finally feels normal today 🤣. 

@Ellie34 you look lovely! Are you much bigger this time round? This worries me as I feel massive so dread to think how big I’ll be if we have another 😂! 
    I’m 26 weeks today it’s flying by! Xx
  • Ah thank you. Yeah loads bigger, I was small with my daughter! Second time round the stomach muscles have gone I think 🤣 I have another midwife apt next week, I’ll be 26 weeks then. Finally making a start on the nursery next week, can’t wait! And I only have 2 and a half weeks left in work! Which I’m so glad about as I am struggling already lol. I work in a school so it’s summer holidays next month and then my maternity will start 2nd of September but I’ve handed my notice in so I’m not going back after! So so happy about this! Xx
  • @Ellie34 you look lovely :smile: looks like a lovely neat bump! :smiley:
    Oh wow, not long left to go at all in work then! I'm planning to try to work until the end of September! Due 10th October, we'll see how it goes lol! 

@Cpsd has your midwife got back to you yet? Yea, I have only had my 12 week blood tests so far. I have my midwife appointment tomorrow, will be 25+4 then! :smile: glad your arm is better haha!

Lots of people are saying my bump is quite big but comparing to others, hopefully it's normal lol! 

My husband has been asked to go on jury service at the end of August :neutral: I'm stressing a bit in case it goes on for very long and if I have any hospital appointments (or go into labour and can't contact him!) I'm a stresser though so all scenarios are going through my head now lol! xxx 
  • Thank you! It is neat just big lol! Yeah not long left in work now. I have a midwife appt next week and I want to find out that when I am 36 weeks will I be checked as I had my daughter at 36 plus 2 days. I have a feeling this one will be early too, we’ll see! Oh no does he, hopefully it won’t drag on too much! Xx
  • @Ellie34 eek how exciting you've not got long left at all!! Yes I am going to work until mid-September I think and take 2 weeks holiday before baby is due 3rd Oct. With my company being sold my role will change in the next couple of months anyway so I'll probably do a handover and that will be it! What colours are you going for in the nursery?

@Elle1990 Yes my midwife finally come back to me today, she's been off-duty!! She said she never referred me for the growth scan, so I have absolutely no idea why I have got it! She said just go so I obviously will but hopefully nothing to worry about as they said everything was fine at my 20 week scan. 

Try not to worry too much about the jury service! When I went I had to fill in two forms, one before which asks if you have any appointments and also one on the first day that asks if you have any appointments. There will be a jury officer who's number you can take and if anything urgent happens you'll be able to call and they'll let him know. Could he not defer? They said I'd be called up within 12 months if I did but if you're worried might be worth him putting it off for a little while! xx