Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in October 2021

Replies

• I suppose I will nervously start this thread off!! I’m Jo 31, from Lancashire. I have 2 daughters 11 & 19m. I got my bfp this morning 🙏🏻 I’m hoping this baby sticks. This was our first cycle after losing our baby at 10 weeks in December. So anxious but trying to stay positive that everything will be ok this time! Can’t wait for some other mums to join! 🌈❤️

• Are those tests positive??
  • Dawnzy said:
    Are those tests positive??
    They look positive to me! :-D
  • *sneaks in quietly*

Hi, I'm Em and I’m 33. i’m tentatively joining you guys - I feel like I might jinx things by joining  :s can you tell I’m a bit anxious?! 
     I had a miscarriage in Jan 18 and this is the first time I’ve been pregnant since. I’m somewhere between 4.5-5.5 weeks I think and I don’t feel very pregnant yet! Does everyone else have symptoms? Xx
  • @Jodie93 Glad your lines are progressing it’s a nice feeling isn't it! 

@Cpsd how exciting!! Can’t wait for a scan x
  • Hi ladies, I’m just reading through your messages and trying to make sense of it all because I’ve been so busy I haven’t taken another test (hubby off to get one soon). Would you mind helping me understand a few things... 1) If I do a pregnancy test and the lines get darker does that mean I won’t miscarry? Similarly, if it doesn’t get darker does that mean I have more chance of miscarrying? 2) I took a test a few weeks ago, before I missed a period and it was positive. The pregnancy test I used was a cheapie from the chemist but it actually says only detectable after period is due? This totally confuses me. 3) So if you do a clear blue digital you have to add two weeks to the number of weeks detected is that right? Lovely to see you’re all doing so well ❤️ Xx
  • Hi @XOXO1. If you do a CB digital you do need to add 2 weeks on to the numbers. If your line gets darker, it’s a good sign but unfortunately that doesn’t mean a miscarriage won’t happen. Similarly if the line gets lighter, it could be for many reasons eg time of day or more dilute urine. There’s so much to potentially worry about isn’t there?! Xx
  • @MansEL hey, I am currently 4 weeks and don't feel any different. I am tired more in the afternoons but that could be down to my 15 month old waking my up in the night as his top back teeth are on there way through. 
    My boobs are a little tender mainly around the areola and can seen more veins than normal. I too had a Miscarriage mid December so I am feeling very anxious too.

I spoke to my doctor today about an early scan and I mention my dull back ache he didn't seem concerned and was shut a nice doctor. He said he isn't concerned enough to send me for an early scan. He said they only refer people for early scan if had 3 or more Miscarriages. I had back pain after childbirth due to he turned back to back in labour and had to have an emergency and the pain has never really gone. He also said it can be common to have back pain at any point in pregnancy, so I feel a little better i suppose.

It is just a waiting games you wait to test then you get a BFP then you carry on waiting anxiously throughout. We are all in this together.
    6th March cannot come sooner for my private early scan 🤞 this baby stays 🌈
  • @XOXO1 good luck with your tests 
  • Congratulations @MansEL !! We can all be anxious together & hopefully not jinxing anything!! I have had sore boobs, I’m soo bloated and being feeling sick on and off! Sorry to hear about your loss, everything crossed this time for you. 
    @Jodie93 glad it was positive with your doctor! At least you have a private early scan so havent got to wait months.
    I haven’t heard a thing from the midwife team, but it says they will be in contact when you’re 8-12 weeks because of Covid delays. I am trying to change doctors as we’ve moved and my old doctors didn’t really care! Hopefully I hear something soon but glad ive got the scan booked in soon! Xx
  • The only symptoms I have at the min is peeing constantly! And I’m abit more tired but then my 17 month old is waking up in the night at the min, sleep regression apparently and teething! I’m dreading hitting 6weeks as that’s when sickness hits for me 🤢 lol xx
  • @Cpsd hopefully you get to hear from midwife team soon. 

@Ellie34 it is hard isn't it with little ones keeping us up in the night so I can totally relate to you. 

Glad I'm not alone with the minimal pregancy symptoms. 

• @Jodie93 normally my little girl sleeps like a dream! So I hope she goes back to sleeping like normal soon lol! I haven’t done my midwife form yet, I’ll try and go get it tomorrow and fill it out xx
  • @Ellie34 my little boy is the same usually he has always been brilliant at sleeping this is why it is such a shock in how tired I am. Hopefully once these come through he goes back to his sleep routine.
    I filled my self referral form out yesterday I get a call from a midwife on 23rd March. 

• Def a shock to the system lol!! Fingers crossed for us both 🤞🏻Ah have you, will def do mine tomorrow, well actually might be friday, it’s suppose to snow here again tomorrow! Xx
  • Hi everyone! I hope you don’t mind me joining in...
    Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies! 🥰 

I’m a 26yo mum of 2, currently pregnant with baby no.3 (around 5 weeks) not sure on a due date yet as this is my first cycle since stopping the pill back in aug (had my first period in December) and I have superrr long cycles! 

I’m currently part of the September 2021 birth club (by LMP) but I’ve had 2 early scans with EPU and gest sac is measuring 2 weeks behind “my dates” but sonographer was happy the pregnancy is progressing! 🤞🏼
    I do know I ovulate realllllllly late CD32 roughly! 

I’ve got a private scan booked for the 28th so I’m itching to get to that! Hopefully we can see a baby with a heartbeat 💓 

How is everyone doing? 
    xxx

• I have massive respect for you ladies managing little ones as well as pregnancy symptoms! 

@Jodie93 you’re so right about it being a waiting game. The trouble is I am probably the most impatient person that I know :lol:

@elexox I also have only had one period in two years, also in December as I got ill with anorexia after my last miscarriage. Before that I also used to have super long cycles which was torture when TTC!

xx
  • Hi @MansEL
    Oh really, sorry to hear that, I had a MC before DD back in 2016 🙁
    It really taints the first trimester of pregnancies after doesn't it 😣
    Do you know the reason for only having 1 period in 2 years at all? I have suspected PCOS but because I’m pregnant again they’re not really too concerned about it now and neither am I 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    xx

• I’ve just had my work rung me, I’ve had to tell them I’m pregnant, I work in a school, I’m a receptionist/first aider and government guidelines is for pregnant women to work from home! This is because of lockdown. I don’t have to if I don’t want too, I’m on a rota at work at the min, so I’m only really in 1 day a week. So I’m not sure what to do xx
  • MansELMansEL Regular
    edited Feb 11, 2021 12:39PM
    @elexox my lack of periods was because I was a very unhealthy BMI so my body couldn’t have supported a pregnancy at that time :-(

@Ellie34 the RCOG have some useful info on their site. https://www.rcog.org.uk/en/guidelines-research-services/guidelines/coronavirus-pregnancy/covid-19-virus-infection-and-pregnancy/#vaccines Essentially they say that early pregnancy in itself doesn’t give extra risk unless you’re in a clinically extremely vulnerable group xx