Forum home Birth clubs Due in October 2021
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

16 week appointment

So I have my 16 week appointment on Monday and I’m freaking out. I had my scan 2 weeks ago and everything was fine but for some reason I can’t shift the thought of what if they can’t the heartbeat? I was never this nervous with my daughter so why do I feel like this this time round? I’ve not had any cramping or bleeding so why am I so worried? Has anyone else had this feeling?

Replies

• @Southlou32 I'm sure everything will be okay at your appointment but I think it's completely normal to be anxious not only throughout all of your pregnancy but also given the current state of everything in the world and trying to get back to some sort of normality!! I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and still haven't heard baby's heartbeat because my 16 week app was over the telephone! I've seen it on the ultrasounds but would love to hear it so I hope you get to hear yours on Monday! :) I also read that miscarriage rates are at their lowest in the 2nd trimester and as you haven't had cramping or bleeding I'm sure all is fine but best of luck for Monday! :) xx