Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2016
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2016

Replies

• Options

Urgghhh am hating the sickness!!! Anyway just had my doctors appointment he's allocated me a midwife and I'll have my first scan at 8 weeks which is in 3.5 weeks. I'm thinking I'll just pay £100 and get one earlier. Good idea?

Emma that is very annoying about the doctor. Are you going to ask to switch?

• Options

Hi Ladies

Well I'm in total shock!! Got a BFP on Sunday morning, totally unexpected, 2days late! Which would make me 4 + 2 today. Been having some cramps since last night-almost feels like I got a dodgy tummy, had some brown discharge when I wiped a couple of times. This will be baby number 3 and can't remember this with the other 2, I'm crossing everything-anyone else experienced this??

• Options

am I in the club? Or is this a stupid evap line? I've taken 5 and I'm 10 days late. 

• Options

id say yes!!!!!💙💗💙💗

congratulations xxxx

• Options

Thank you (: I really hope so!

• Options

Hi Perry, have some rich tea biscuits near by, they've helped me. Don't let yourself feel hungry and eat more often. It should help a little x

Emma when I went to gp my first and second pregnancy noone even confirmed it just said congratulations and asked about the first day of my last period. Third time when I called my gp, receptionist said, call directly to the midwife to make a booking appointment. So not even seen a gp that time. Let's hope this time it will be different. I've chosen the maternity unit, I loved it there last time, doesn't feel like hospital :) x

Gigisweden I wouldn't go for an early scan earlier than 8 weeks, it will probably only add more stress as there's not much they can see this early. But it's your choice xx

Sgowni congratulations! I'm 4+6 with my third too, I haven't had any spotting with my previous two, if you're worried call gp but if it's only tiny it shouldn't be anything to worry about x

Lalaland congratulations :) x

• Options

Hi Sgowni, welcome and huge congrats!

Hiya lalaland96 *waves* and welcome to you too!

• Options

Thanks Emma and Erithal.

I will try them both. I've just got my hospital appointment - My first scan is on the 22nd Feb and I have chosen my hospital too. Do we have any other Londoners here? What hospitals are you looking at?  its exciting now, just wish I could have my scan now.

Gigi your lucky they booked you a scan at 8 weeks usually they book it at 12 weeks. I'm 6 weeks +3 days too. Just counting down now every day.

• Options

Thanks guys, this is all so new, and especially cos I'm in a different country than my home one (home is Australia, living in UK now) its all so different. The NHS might actually scan me earlier as my twin sister has a bicournate (not sure of the spelling) which caused her to miscarry at 6 weeks so my doctor think i'll get in sooner than 8 weeks. We will see..

Also, I just went to pick up like 5 prescriptions and the pharmacist was like are these for pregnancy, I said yes and she said you need to get a form and these will all be free. Anyone heard of this? arhhhh...

• Options

I was wondering if you lovely ladies could help me, I'm getting confused with how far along iam, the first day of my last period was 13th December it lasted for 5 days and I only have a 24/25 day cycle so I'm not sure how far on iam because i thought I was 4weeks2days but when I've been on myduedate.com it says 4weeks5days 

• Options

Becca, you're similar to me, my last was the 8th December so they just counted it from then. Not sure really though, I'll just wait till my first scan.

Have you been to the doctor? They didnt want to blood test me to confirm and when I asked why they said that the home pregnancy tests are so accurate these days.

• Options

I haven't been to the doctor yet, I'm so scared as I had a mc 19th November which was round about 5weeks2days and I couldn't get an appointment at the epu til I was 6 weeks so by the time I went it was all over, im just not sure what to do for the best 

• Options

Hi ladies I hope you don't mind me joining I got my bfp on saturday evening and Sunday morning this is my 2nd im super excited :) congrats to you all. I think I'm due about the 19th September x

• Options

Hers my bfps :) imageAnd coz they were faint we did a clear blue and there not squinting needed was so happy to see it!!image

• Options

I've rang my gp and I've got to go down and make what they call a booking appointment or a booking in appointment not sure what she said haha and I've got to go somewhere else before I see the midwife, no idea what that means 

• Options

Yep- my doctor has put me down for a midwife appointment at 8 weeks, said they'll call closer to the time! Goodluck with your appointment! Just did my calculator thingy online and it says 5 weeks.

• Options

And congrats mummy2littleman!!!

• Options

Hiya becca160786 - sorry we can't help with a due date, but wonderful to see you back in this birth club - congratulations! Do let us know what your GP or midwfe says once you've been, won't you?

So happy you found us over here mummy2littleman - aren't tose digital tests marvellous! Huge congratuations!

• Options

Thanks Danielle, really hoping it works out this time as I'm so close to getting to where I got last time, I know they say every pregnancy is different but this time I've had a bit of sickness, i feel constantly bloated after every meal and I struggle to finish food which is unlike me, totally different symptoms from last time, since yesterday i keep getting what feels like a twinge in my left hip not sure if it's related or not as it feel more like my actual hip rather then something going on inside 

• Options

gt Drs today as still gettin positives n very faint due low hormones n still preg need know what's happening xxxx