Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2016

Due in September 2016 - Part 2

Replies

• Hello

Scan went amazing, thanks everyone! It was so so clear, even got to see the soles of her little feet and her opening and closing her mouth!

I took my husband and mum as my little girl wanted to stay at school for the Queen's birthday party hah!

My mum is driving me mad at the moment. We've kind of chosen the name Stella for the baby but my first little girl is named after my grandma (who I was very close to) and my dad had an auntie Stella (not why we like the name, we just do! I probably met the woman five times in my life before she died when I was young) both of which were arch enemies of my mum :(

When the sonographer asked me if we'd thought of any names, my mum's face was a picture and she got up to walk out!

On the way home (my husband was in a separate car, lucky bugger!) my mum starts going mad, dredging up the past and talking about my grandma and auntie Stella.

She was talking about loads and loads of really awful stuff that my brothers and me have had to listen to for over 30 years.

I started crying and got really upset, at a time where I should have been feeling utter elation.

What on earth do I do?

Back on topic...I've just got the plain white sleepyhead! I have heard that they're amazing if completely bonkers in price. However, I have bought loads of stuff second hand so this is the baby's little bit of luxury.

Pregnancy yoga is absolutely brilliant. I love it!

Oh, and Clo, I already have one of each so I'm vvv lucky!!

Hope you all have an amazing weekend!!

• Gorgeous pics Kimbo and sounds like scan was amazing. I am sorry to hear your mum is driving you mad and made you cry. Unfortunately I think mums feel they have the right to say what they want. mine was very opinionated about my sisters second and also about the names we like. She actually told me she thought the girls name we like is common ha ha ha. 

pregnancy yoga sounds great.

have a fab weekend. 

Xx

• She said that my first little girl's name sounded like a Parisienne Prostitute which was really nice to hear! 🙉

• Oh no kimbo - that's harsh. I hope it all gets better for you with your mum. 

Xx

• How are all you mummies xx

• Morning ladies x

Kimbo lovely scan pictures and it sounds like baby was in a great mood this time, showing off her skills! :) it's such an amazing feeling when you get to see things like this x

So sorry your mum it's not very happy with the names. I think my mum probably wouldn't say anything but she would definitely be a little upset if I picked her mother in laws name, they're also not very good friends! 

My husbands parents were not keen on our first sons name when we said what it would be. Their reaction was Really? Maybe you should think about different names.. It always hurts me. I've made the same mistake this time and told my parents what we're thinking of picking and they're not sure either.

We still have some time to think it through but we really like the name and I think we'll stick with it :)

Not long till your scan Earthangel, it will be ok! X

I've had a fright yesterday and slipped on the stairs at my in laws. Hurt my finger and back more than anything else as I just sat on the bottom step quite heavy but the scary thing was I was carrying my 15 months old girl with me but thank god nothing happened. Her chin was a little pink as she must have bumped my shoulder when it all happened. I keep worrying if everything is ok but my bump doesn't feel any different so hoping all is well. 

Apart from yesterday we've had a nice weekend :) x

• Littlecedar did you manage to relax a little bit more since your scan? How's your little girl? Is she excited about the baby? I've also had a miscarriage (8 weeks) before this pregnancy and it still makes me worry more I think. x

We've asked our almost 3 years old if he would like a brother or sister just before our scan and he smiled and said a brother :D he's got a little sister already :) We told him we'll ask the lady at the hospital if we can have a boy 😂 

After the scan we told him he is having a little baby brother and he said 'not a boy, I want a baby girl' kids haha.

Gixxers how are you?  :) x

• Ethriel and kimbo the pictures are amazing!!!!!!! Well done!!!!! Can I ask do you go with a full bladder?? 

A boy what fantastic news!!!!!! Ethriel!!! And a beautiful girl kimbo!!!!!That's amazing for both of you did you have a feeling you would have whst you were told?!!!! 

im still not going to find out hehe!!!!! Really want a surprise!!!!

i dony understand why people think it's ok to comment on a name! Your mum should be grateful you let her come to the scan!!!!! I've no idea where to start on names!!! My scan isn't until Thursday xx

• I love the name you have picked Kimbo. We're set on our names but don't know what we're having for another 2 weeks. I didn't want to tell anyone our picks but my husband just blurts it out whenever anyone asks. 

I'd really like to join a pregnancy yoga class but I can't find one in my area. I teach prenatal reformer pilates a couple of times a week, which has been really nice as my clients have noticed that I'm actually pregnant now. 

Have a lovely week.

• I had the same issue, but with my mother-in-law and names. If we had a girl I wanted to name her Lainey. She didn't like the way I spelled it. I in so many words told her it was my baby and I would name her what I wanted and that she had her turn to pick names when she had my husband. She did not say another word about it. My feeling is that it is their grandchild and they will have to call him or her what you name them. I am having a boy so it doesn't matter much now, but if my next one is a girl we are planning on using that name still and I would tell her again. My mom also kind of said she didn't care to much for some names I chose and I also told her the same thing! All that matters is if you and your husband are happy with it!

• Kimbo my mother in law hates the name we have picked for our daughter. My husband told her it wasnt her choice as it was our kid.. We picked jordanna for our little girl. We like unusal names and spellings lol..

• Ah, now I think that's a lovely name!

Yeah, it's really stressing me out especially since my oh really dislikes every other name I've suggested!

• Hey all

Kimbo, Stella is a gorgeous name for a girl :) don't let anyone put you off!

Everyone reacts different to our name choice 'Meredith' but I love it..

Anyone else feel like they've had a long wait already haha!!

Time needs to go faster xx

• imagewe princess that be girl number 5 lol xxxx

• Oh my goodness - girl number five!!?? Think of how much you must save in clothes! Congratulations xx

Update on namegate: My husband has now suggested the name of my mother's ex neighbour who she despised and ran indoors every time she saw her ARRRGH!!! HAHA this naming business is a nightmare!

• Hi Ladies, 

I was just wondering if and when you felt your baby move for the first time. I'm 19+2 and I haven't felt anything yet (unless I'm just not recognizing it). Should I be concerned? Xx

• Hiya ladies

how are you doing erithiel after your slip on the stairs. I am starting to get a little excited for our scan on Friday even though I am a little anxious too. 

Good luck with your scan on Thursday closmith.

oh kimbo poor you with the names. My son asked if we could call the baby buddy at the weekend love him. He is utterly convinced he is getting a brother ha ha.

gorgeous pic heather and congrats on your little girl. 

Marie is it your first baby? I was only feeling a tickling sensation every now and again (and not daily) from 16 weeks but only felt little kicks in the last few days and I am 20 weeks. I think as well it depends on how the baby is lying. Not sure if that helps.

xx

• Thanks Earthangel. Yes it is my first baby so not really sure what to expect, just going by what I read. I'm sure everything is fine, just can't help but worry sometimes. X

• Marie - i think that's perfectly normal with a first baby. I think I felt my first properly at about 20 weeks. It's only with later babies that you recognise the signs earlier xx

erithel - I am feeling more relaxed now. I think this baby is going to be ok 😊 I have two little girls already & they are soooo excited they are getting a brother! They think it's really funny! I still think its a girl though...I think I am so girl-orientated that I won't believe he's a boy until he arrives!! 

• Thanks Littlecedar. That's reassuring. Really looking forward to feeling it though 😄😄😄