Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2018

Replies

• I think we're all guilty of thinking the worst. My boobs didn't hurt as much last night and I was majorly freaking out - back in full force today though!

Is anyone else guilty of constantly checking their knickers? I'm terrible for it, and can guarantee if there were any more tests in the house I'd be doing them to make sure there were still 2 lines.

Amy - that would be an amazing birthday present!

• And congrats Neevie!

• Welcome Amyz06, and congratulations though we're sorry to hear of your past miscarriages. We have a thread about being pregnant after miscarriage which might be helpful too, right here. 

While we're here, happy 2018 everyone - wishing you all a wonderful year ahead! 

• Welcome to you too Neevie7, and congratulations - seems like quite a few of you guys here are in similar situations - we'd love to wish you all super sticky beans. 

• hiya! 

6 months of trying and finally earned my BFP today. What a way to start the year! 

Symptoms also include the slight cramping and sore boobs. Was super tired last week but this was probably down to the Christmas over eating! Feeling a lot less tired this week.

out of interest did anyone else get BFN on the “line tests” and their BFP on a digital despite having a late AF? the line ones (boots own brand) were so faint and were driving me crazy! I couldn’t even pick the faint lines on my camera and had to do the one legged angle in the sun to even see it. line tests were done the day of due AF and the following days after. (I’m SUPER regular when it comes to AF, cycle is around 26 days but I always leave my “expected day” as 28 so I knew something was up this month!)  Rushed out to buy a number of different brands and boom. BFP on a clear blue digital. (I might create a thread for this as it was really disheartening!)  see photo below. image

How exciting! Congrats all! 

• Hi Nella! Congrats!

I haven't tried a digital at all but my lines started off almost invisible (I'll attach a pic of my tests). Could it be that you ovulated a bit later this month ? I've never used the Boots tests so don't know how sensitive they are but a positive is a positive! I ended up buying the FRER to confirm and got a really dark positive straight away (while still getting really pale lines on my other ones!)

Do you know roughly how far along you are?

• So weird! I officially do not like line tests! Haha. Will do some more line tests later in the week to see what happens. I have a few boots ones left over so it’ll be interesting to see if they just don’t like me! I also bought a Sainsbury’s one which is another line HPT. 

My last AF was 02/12. So roughly “3-4 weeks“ according to “official” calculation.

First pregnancy and it’s all very surreal. It’s still VERY early days so trying not to get too excited. 

going to ring the drs tomorrow and try and get the ball rolling. 

• I got a really really really faint line on a line test at 11dpo. Then on 12dpo one you could see more clearly. Only checked with digital on 13dpo.

The asda £3.50 test is pretty good. Xx

• MrsB you have summed up my 3 days so far. So paranoid. Hopefully we have sticky beans 😊 xx

• Hi Nella and Neeve

I don’t really understand all the short hand used...

i had bough a lot of ‘sensitive ‘ strips on amazon that we’re meant to show 5 days beforw peroid due but my period was 1 day overdue when I first seen a very faint line and I tested every day for a week prior to that. Went out and bought a Clear Blue Digital and it showed 1-2 weeks pregnant. 

• Welcome Nella1992 and congratulations! Wonderful to have you join the thread! 

• I seen this and thought it was a great resource from my Hospital‘s website 

• Oh yes that's really useful. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

How is everyone feeling? I'm not sure whether I am making symptoms up. Been feeling rather sick today, not loads though. It  could be as it was an early start for work though image

Xxx

• Hi Neevie,

I thought I was making symptoms up too at first, but now think I'm probably just noticing it more because I'm looking for it.

I was meant to be working late tonight but thankfully was able to come home early. I've had heartburn and a weird taste in my mouth all day. Now I've started the sicky burps. It's a good thing though :)

Mrs R that is pretty useful, especially when you're unsure whether to call and check with the midwife. Might save it to my phone - I'm paranoid someone will pick up my phone and see the emails and appointment in my calendar. This baby is staying under wraps as long as possible.

Out of interest, are any of you planning on telling work when you're going to your booking appointments and scans? I've booked a holiday so I don't have to just yet!

• So far no pregnancy symptoms but I’m sure they will come. 

I’m holding off telling work as long as I can. My job is quite full on and busy so I know I will have to come clean sooner or later as I usually run round the place with no proper breaks or rests. That can’t go on forever if I’m pregnant. 

• I’ve not really had major symptoms as of yet apart from feeling like aunt flow is about to arrive and sore boobs.

i am just starting to feel a little sicky this evening though 😞 

phoned my GP today as thought I would need a normal appointment first but they’ve just given me the number for the community midwives. 

not planning on telling work until 12 weeks unless anything becomes obvious (ie sickness) 

we do tea rounds at work and someone did question why I wasn’t having a coffee today (I’d already hit my caffeine limit) but I managed to make up an excuse. Mwah ha ha! 

Has anyone Had any spotting? I had some today. Like a very creamy pink but it was gone with a simple wipe and I haven’t had any more (sorry if it’s TMI) but I just wanted to get an opinion? It’s on my mind that’s all. I’m estimated 4 weeks 3 days today. 

• I'm not going to tell work until 12 weeks. Though if I have bad morning sickness I may change my mind.

I had a bit of spotting roughly 10 days after I ovulated. It lasted about 1 day though it was a tiny amount.

Xxx

• Hello everyone and happy New year!

I got my bfp today but I knew I was in myself over the past few days because of the 'pinching' and bleeding gums (also had a tiny amount of spotting 6dpo).

Really excited but like some of you this comes after a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks (baby stopped developing at 7) which was then followed immediately by a chemical pregnancy.

I don't know why but I have a positive feeling about this one though - hope I'm right! Anyone else already thinking of when they can book an early reassurance scan just incase?

X

• Hi Nina, 

Congratulations! Do you know roughly how far along you are?

I've looked at reassurance scans but they give me the fear a bit. I don't know what I'd do if it was bad news. Not that I've had any indication that something is wrong, and I'm trying to stay positive :). I think I'll decide after my booking in appointment. You do get some really good deals on early scans though!