Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2018

Replies

• Congrats Nina. Do you know roughly how far along you are?

I'd love to go for a reassurance scan but to be honest they give me the fear. I'll probably make a decision after my booking in at 8 weeks. There's some really good packages available for early scans too which is great as I couldn't justify a lot when I could buy something for bub!

You'll need to let us know if you get something booked. I'm not sure how early they start the scans, or how you would go about it tbh.

• Sorry didn't realise my first comment posted, and no idea how to delete it!

• Congrats on your bfp! When are you due? I'm going to speak with my local early pregnancy unit. They looked after me with my 1st mc. The doctor told me to come back if I wanted to be reassured. 

I think I'd wait till 7 weeks though image I'm 4 weeks today so fingers crossed for the next 3. I'm also strangely really positive this time.

Xx

• Around 13th September from my calculations :)

I think because with my previous miscarriage I had no bleeding etc so was excited thinking everything was fine, until I see a heartbeat I won't let myself get excited this time if that makes sense? I had to have an mva which was literally horrendous and feel like the epu is a bad omen now so would rather book a private one.

There's an offer on group on for £24 near me which is great and to be honest I would rather know than being oblivious again. As soon as I hit 7 weeks (hopefully) I'll get booked in :) 

BUT positive thinking!!! I'm glad you're feeling the positive vibes too neevie- clearly we are due some luck :)

• I definitely think we are due some! My husband has said it won't be real until he sees the heartbeat. I may have a look on Groupon it's worth paying that to have an early scan 😊

Xxx

• I’m going to hold out until 12 weeks myself. I found the waiting so hard during my first pregnancy but def more chilled this time round. I’ve been very lucky not to experience any mc or complications and am so thankful. I’d imagine id be a bag of nerves if that was the case. 

Had my first bout of baby brain this morning- left my 19month old off at daycare but left her changing bad at home 🙈- had to make a quick dash to the shop to get supplies. 

• Welcome to MadeForMums Nina07, and huge congratulations. Wishing you a super sticky bean!

• Mrs R I feel your pain - yesterday someone asked me a question at work and I couldn't remember the name for a computer monitor so just pointed and said 'this thing'. Thankfully he seemed to just think it was too early in the morning!

Neevie I totally agree about the heartbeat, although I'm starting to let myself get a little excited now. Last time something just felt 'wrong' at this stage but it feels totally right this time. That's me hitting 5 and a half weeks.

Nina sorry you feel that way about EPU, I found all the nurses at ours to be really reassuring and helpful, but I found one of the doctors incredibly insensitive. I've already said if she comes near me in labour I'm not responsible for what I say!

• Hi everyone!

Im really excited to join you all. I found out that I’m pregnant yesterday after trying for a year.

I’ve been to the GP this morning. Underwhelming and I need to self-refer to the hospital/ midwife unit. 

I’m 4 weeks and 2 days, and due on 10th September.

Not many symptoms so far - just sore breasts.

lovely to meet you all!

• And congratulations to each of you, I should say!!

• Congrats Georgie! You must be so excited! 

• Welcome Georgie15 and huge congratulations! It's lovely to have you here! 

• Hi Mrs B and congratulations to you too! 

To be honest at the epu most of them were lovely, apart from one consultant who acted like i was having a tooth out. I think it's just the memory of being in THAT room on THAT chair when my heart broke so I just can't go back there.

I'm glad you are also feeling the good vibes - I've got everything crossed for us :)

X

• Hi all

Nina I know what you mean. Positive vibes all around! We will all feel better with each milestone and we are all here to support each other.

MrsB 5 and half weeks so exciting! I know what you mean about the wrong feeling. I said to my mum I think I'm a bit psychic lol. She said no you just know your body. Makes so much more sense haha.

Congrats Georgie I also had my first meeting today but I booked with the midwife. I really enjoyed it so it's definitely something to look forward to. Well you get asked questions and get leaflets. So maybe not that exciting lol.

Xxx

• Haha sounds like you came away with more from the midwife - I only got a flu jab, no leaflets :)

My GP said I need to self-refer (she won’t do it for the hospital i’d like maternity care from) so even though the GP was nice, I felt it was a bit pointless.

Has anyone even begun to think about hospitals etc? I’m not sure where to begin with all of it or the extent of what I need to do/ when. Right now I know I need to self refer to the midwife team at the hospital and they will send me a letter for a first scan at 12 weeks. Is there meant to be something at 8 weeks?

nervous/ excited/ terrified!

• Thanks MrsB and Neeevie and a big, big congrats to you too!

Like most of you, I’m not intending on telling work or colleagues before 12 weeks, unless I’m feeling ill. I haven’t decided on whether I’ll take time off to go for the first scan. 

We haven’t told anyone yet because family lives away. Really excited for that as they knew it was taking us a while and I’d booked an appointment with a fertility doctor, so they won’t be expecting this! Have any of you started telling some family members?

• Hi Georgie,

I caved and told my sister - but only because im her maid of honor and we have a second dress fitting soon. At the last fitting they were discussing bringing the skirts in a bit which I would really rather they didnt - just incase! 

I figured I'd rather not have that conversation in front of the whole wedding party, but we aren't telling anyone else yet!

• my GP just referred me to the midwife. I won’t actually be seeing any medical professional until the 01/02 which is a little scary considering this is my first pregnancy. I feel like I’m in limbo land at the moment! Anyone else still using up the last of the pregnancy tests or is it just me? Lol

Ive had my first case of baby brain too. firstly in Morrisons when I picked up a PS4 game when i needed to pick up an Xbox game for a gift, then when I got home I done my usual routine for a few hours while hubby was at work, went to throw a bin bag outside and realised I’d left my keys in the door ALL EVENING 😱 that wouldve been a nice easy one for a car thief! 😂 

we‘re telling parents this weekend and that’s the only people we’re telling. They’ll be over the moon as we’re the first of ”the kids” to have children and for years they’ve all constantly asked “awwh, when are we going to be grandparents” Bless them! 

I feel it’ll be a very emotional weekend and will all become very real then. 

• Nella I have a big bag of internet cheapies and can't help but use them up. Love seeing the line get darker! :) 

• Glad I’m not the only one! I still get excited when I see a BFP!