Forum home Archived Birth Clubs Due in September 2018
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2018 - Part 2

Replies

• MrsB I asked my midwife today and she said sinex nasal spray is fine as it doesn’t say anything on the bottle about not to use in preg I’ve been using it since 9 weeks pregnant at bedtime. Xxx

• Might have to give it a go! Try and stop the morning sprint to the bathroom 😂

• It’s amazing 😂 one min I can’t breathe then the next minute I can hahaha!!

• I had my midwife app today, got to her the heartbeat which was really nice and cute. I've got my scan in 2 weeks.

I've not bought anything, I've been looking at prams but think it's too early to start yet. I get congestion when i lay on my left side, but in the day I'm ok. I've had 3 nose bleeds up to now.

I thought it was strange the other week, someone i know has cats which I'm just allergic to that cat breed. So everytime i go i have to take allergy stuff otherwise i come out feeling like i have a bad cold and all bunged up. First time i went whilst being pregnant was the other week and i didn't know if i could take anything so i didn't and i didn't sneeze once, i felt fine. I thought it was so strange haha

• Scottish mum's - who was it said they were going to the Baby and Toddler show in Glasgow? Did you get tickets yet? I just got a letter with a code for 2 free tickets through the door which you're more than welcome to have - even if you wanted to take 2 friends along.

• I’m congested too, it’s annoying. I’m using NeilMed Sinus rinse as it’s just saline. The sinex nasal spray can make matters worse when u stop using it- rebound congestion. I always tell my patients never to use it more than 7 days. got my whooping cough vaccine today- arm is so sore and weak- was not problem last time. 

I’ve bought nothing- probably wont buy much this time round. Finding pregnancy alot more miserable this time round- just tired and want to eat all the time lol. Also morning sickness has appeared out of the buy which is not much fun. I really enjoyed my first pregnancy but this one not so much

• imageimageimageimage

I had my 20 weeks scan today although I’m only 19 weeks babybis happy and healthy and all is well with baby and definitely a little girl lol.

shes extremley low down and they are worried about my placenta as it’s only a couple cm away for my section scar :( so I’m back at 32 weeks for them to scan me again and make a decision from there as to when I’ve to be taking in. Said to expect another premie baby 😔 xxx

• Hi ladies 

Lovely bump pics, everyone at work thinks i look big in my uniform but just feel chubby in most things at the moment.

Bit disappointed as no midwife for this area at the moment so being covered by other areas and couldn't get in this week for 16 week check so have to go week after and I'll be 17+3 was really looking forward to hearing baby's heartbeat.

I'm also looking for another car which can take 3 car seats, not sure about a 7 seater though as I've only ever driven fiestas or polos! 

Bit of fun has anyone tried the needle/ring test? Curious if it matches your gender scans. I did it and it circled meaning a girl but we're not finding out so will have to wait and see.

Feeling swishy, flippy type movements, usually same time of day which I'm pretty sure are kicks. Midwife did say as it's baby no 3 I'd probably feel movement from 16 weeks, 16+2 today.

• Gertie that’s stupid hope they assign you a midwife soon!!

finally got my 20week scan through it’s 3rd May 😍😍

• Ladies when have you been able to hear the bubbas heart beat? I had a midwife check up today, I am 17 weeks tomorrow 😊 She said that I may have to wait till my next midwife appointment in may after my 20 week scan which is 30th April as the sonographers somtimes refuse to put sound on during the scan 😔

They have also advised that because I have problems with discs in my back that I need  go see an anesthesiologist for a check up as if it gets really bad pain wise over my pregnancy I may need to think about having an epedural or section .... have any of you ladies been told this that have exsisting back problems? 

Xx

• Onlyeverbeenadogmum i was able to hear baby’s heartbeat at my midwife appointment at 17 weeks. It was very low down but once we found it it was clear and strong - it was lovely!

• Onlyeverbeendogmum i heard my babies heartbeat at gender scan :( as at my 16 week appointment the midwife couldn’t find her 😔 

I’m having a section again and could be in anytime from 32 weeks xx

• At my 16 week appointment I didn’t get to hear the heart beat either. Midwive said they don’t do it anymore, in case they can’t find it and it panics you. She did feel my belly and show me where the baby was sat, which I quite liked! Still waiting for my 20 week appointment to come through the post! I haven’t felt any movement yet, when I think i feel something it’s often a fart hahaha 

• I didn’t hear the heart beat at my 16 week check but I have my own Doppler and it’s so reassuring when you hear the baby’s heart beat when you worry 😊

• I heard by baby's heartbeat at my 16 week midwife appointment, but I have a home Doppler too and have managed to find it every time. I've got my 20 week scan booked in but it's when i'll be exactly 21 weeks....they booked it there and then straight after my 12 week scan. I'm 17 weeks now so still 4 weeks to go! The countdown is on :D xxx

• We heard baby's heartbeat at my 18 weeks midwife appointment.

At my 12 week scan they booked me in for my 20 week scan then and there, which is next week x

• I don't know what was in the air during December/January time but soooo many people are announcing they are pregnant on my Facebook. Never known so many at once lol x

• I didnt hear heart beat at 16 week check- it was literally a 5 month chat with consultant to see if I had any issues with last pregnancy. The only thing they checked was my blood pressure. I’ve my 20 Week on mon 23rd and it can’t come fast enough lol. Def feeling movements so happy enough with that

• I didn’t get to hear the baby’s heartbeat at my 16 week appointment either. I’ve got a home doppler which I find is good because I can listen at anytime. I’ve booked an early scan for Friday, couldn’t help myself I’m too excited to find out. My 20 week scan is only 2 weeks away 🙈😂 I’m 90% sure I’m having a boy! Xx

• I am hoping that we will get to hear the heartbeat at 20w scan at the end of the month. I still haven't felt any movement yet, waiting patiently and hoping I feel something soon. 

xx