Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Yeah I’m confused with all the togs and that too. So many of them!!
  • Yeah I’ll be buying one :) don’t have a clue about them yet though. Need to do some research.

Anyone else’s back in bits? Mine is driving me crazy. I bought myself a pregnancy pillow (can also be used to support baby while breastfeeding). It’s a dreamgenii. I don’t feel like it’s helping though :( it’s my upper back - rib area that’s driving me crazy. And I think that’s why it’s not helping because it’s to support your lower back.. not upper.

Im sure it’s bras causing the problem.. I didn’t have any problems with my old bras until our holiday last week.. when I suddenly felt like burning every one of them! So I finally went to Mothercare on Monday and bought myself two maternity t shirt bras. Got myself measured and everything and she measured me exactly as I was pre pregnancy (34D) so I got 36DD . They’re still driving me crazy. I just want to be bra free 🙈😂
  • Yeah I have more pain in the middle of my back. I found at the moment my pregnancy pillow doesn't help me. I got a couple of maternity bras but they were cheap so may need to invest in some better quality ones!
  •  Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a nice weekend. I had my Glucose testing on Thursday, so far no news so taking that as good news. If anyone is having it make sure you still drink plenty of water as I didn't think I was allowed and ended up dehydrated and it took 5 attempts to get blood as veins had shut down, finally got the blood from my hand!

Busy weekend for me with a wedding and then hosting a BBQ on Sunday (which of course it rained for!). Now have a cold and also was sick this morning, honestly never been so ill in my life, so much for 2nd trimester glow/blooming haha.

25 weeks now, wishing the time away and also panicking its going so quick! :)

• Fingers crossed it’s good news then Liz!

Have any of you experience pains down the right hand side of your bump? I presume it’s just growing pains etc but it was so bad yesterday even when I was just lying still. I had a bath and that eased it for about an hour, then it came back. Seems to have passed today so hopefully it’s just baby having a growth spurt.

I’m 25 weeks now too, ordered a Moses basket yesterday and some wallpaper for the nursery :) I think once we hit 30 weeks it’ll fly by won’t it.
    I’ve booked a private scan for 6th July, just so I can see him again and check he is ok :)
  • I’ve had all sorts of pains in my back (mostly upper) and lower stomach this week. 26 weeks today 😊 some days I can tell that baby is really far back and it gives me a bad back. I can’t explain it but it almost feels like she’s kicking the very top of my bum! Hoping as she grows she’ll have less room to do that.
    Turning over in the night really hurts too. I can feel that if I’m asleep on my right, I wake up and she’s made her way to the right side of my belly and I can feel it’s really solid compared to the left. Then moving to my left hurts!

Painted our nursery over the weekend, excited now! Just waiting for new carpet and then I can get the furniture ordered. 
    anyone else using a pregnancy app? Mine seems to tell me all sorts of incorrect info 😂 today it congratulated me on being in the final week of my second trimester.. but google says your 3rd trimester starts at 28 weeks. 
  • Hi ladies

I hope everyone is okay and Alice my app says the same as your 26 weeks is the last week of the second trimester so i dont know 
  • So I officially have gestational Diabetes, feel quite gutted about it to be honest. Was kind of expecting it as my brother is insulin dependent since 4 years old and my sister had it in all 3 of her pregnancies but was hoping I may escape it but nope :-(

Waiting for someone to contact me about going in for an appointment but my midwife says it will at least mean changing my diet, testing my blood sugars throughout the day (HATE NEEDLES) and being induced early. Just hope the baby is ok to be honest. Just feel a bit crap and will mean my home birth is out the window!

• Oh no Liz! I’m so sorry :( that’s not what you want to hear! I’m sure that baby will be fine and they’ll do everything to make sure of that 💕 
  • Thank you. Just a bit shocked to be honest. Will wait and see what they say when I get an appointment.

I'm going to the Mothercare expectant parent day on Sunday, really looking forward to it. Get the last few bits we need. 

• Hi liz so sorry to hear that but baby will be fine. I think your sister will be the best to reassure you in this case since she know a bit about it so try speaking with her and we will be here as well.

• Thanks Pam - have been speaking to her loads this morning. All gers were fine, 2 needed to spend some time in special care due to low blood sugars and then jaundice but all good now. Think the change in diet will be a shock to the system haha, all I keep thinking are the things I can't now have, like Pizza, Chocolate and cereal! Things I rarely eat but suddenly want them all!
  • Lers us know how the appointment goes and meanwhile dont think too much and enjoy baby kick and shopping in sunday.

• Hi everyone 

I had another scan today as last time baby was not in a good position to see the spine so everything is fine with him.
    I would like to know what brand of baby toiletries you recommend as i always used mustela or klorane for my babies but they are french brand and i domt know nothing about the ones here

Thank you
  • I’ve mentioned this before.. but my mother in law calls me fatty every single time she sees me 🙈😤
    Today she said it and then asked ‘is it starting to bother you yet?’ (Meaning the pregnancy) so I said ‘no, but people calling me fatty is!’ 😂
    I still don’t think she got the message.. looks like it’s my new name from here on out pfft.  
  • Hi everyone,

Pam - i think a lot of people stick with Johnson’s toiletries for the baby here. 

Alice - oh no 🙈 I can’t believe she didn’t get it after you said that! It’s not nice to hear, especially when you’re already feeling like you aren’t larger than you are! People keep telling me I have a chubby face and that is bad enough 🤣 

how are you all getting on with buying things? I’ve got quite a lot now, it’s just the expensive things left to buy - nursery furniture, isofix base etc. I’ve started clearing the spare room today, finally!
    I am starting to have moments of panic when I realise how fast time is passing - I really don’t know anything about anything when it comes to looking after babies! Officially less than 100 days to go now ☺️😱
  • @Jonesy23 you sound just like me 🙈
    I have a little panic now and again thinking about the reality of the situation and that a baby is going to be dependent on me 24/7 soon!
    Time is flying by! It seems as though it took ages to get to 14 weeks then it's flown by since then!
    I've still not bought anything, although I've got a few bits of clothes from grandparents and a travel system from my mother in law.
    I am having a second hand crib and Moses basket from my sister in law so just need to buy new mattresses! I have no idea what I actually need !! 
  • Thank you Jonesy i guess i will stick with that too.
    I bought some bits especially clothes but i think i got then too small like the 1 months 50cm and my son was taller then that so i think i have to get some 3 months apart from that i got the pram and will be going to mothercare outlet store on saturday so have a look 
  • Our nursery carpet is being fitted this morning and our wardrobe and drawers arrive tomorrow :) I’ve bought a changing mat and a nappy bin and she’s got lots of clothes but that’s it so far! 
    My sister is giving us her bottle steriliser and her next to me crib for our bedroom. 
    Can’t wait to have everything all done now. And I finally have my midwife appointment this Thursday so looking forward to that :) 
  • How exciting Alice, you will have to share some pictures once its all done.

We have everything now except for a few smaller bits that I left so people can buy them. Plan for the next 12 weeks is to stock up on milk and nappies.

We haven't set too much up for the baby yet, left it all in boxes, plan to do this on Maternity leave as we have cats and they'll be sleeping in the crib and everywhere they can haha.

Looking likely I'll be induced 2 weeks early with the gestational diabetes which is crazy to think is just under 12 weeks and I'll probably have her in August which feels so close!!

When does everyone finish work? I finish on 26/07 so not too much longer.