Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• I would like to know @Jonesy23 please.
    Your little boy is perfect and beautiful name too
  • eeeek! Hope everyone's OK, no signs for me yet, midwife said baby is still quite high so to get bouncing on a ball :) hows everyone else doing? X
  • It’s september!! Wooooo 😊🙌🏻
    Can’t believe my due date is in 2 days. I did every trick under the sun yesterday 😂 
    Did the deed.. 🙈 had a bath with a clary sage bath bomb and bubble bath, had a spicy curry, drank raspberry leaf tea (been doing that on and off for a few weeks now), went on a really long dog walk, expressed colostrum..
    Still nothing 🙈😂 
    still feeling the usual cervix twinges I’ve been having the past 2 weeks. But nothing new. 
    Guessing this is going to be my life for the next week (or 2!) 
  • I’m not due until 30th I’m still having loads of pain got loads pressure down there feel like I can’t walk properly. Loads back pain period pains was up again all last night with them and sharp stabbing pains really hope I don’t have 4 more weeks of this 🔫 getting zero sleep! My legs feel so heavy like I can’t move them it’s so strange xx
  • Alice12 I'm with on this! My due date is 3 weeks away and I'm in near constant pain around pelvic area. I hope it subsides. Today had an episode where my right leg refused to move!

I'm getting more and more sleepy - one of my cousins said it is a sign baby is going to be super active so nature is making you take rest. Haha!

Also in other news finally started leaking colostrum. Ladies any tips on how to avoid ruining my sheets? 
  • 👀 another super long dog walk today and I’m starting to lose my mucus plug 🙌🏻 I’ve never been so excited 🙈😂 
    Could still mean it’s ages away though xx
  • Alice 2801 what does it look like? I’ve been having heavy discharge for weeks but not sure if it’s my plug or just discharge :/ xx
  • I wiped twice and had pinky/brown lumps (sorry if tmi!)! Two hours later I’ve had clear/yellow stringy. 
    Will just have to wait and see. Going to do lots of bouncing on my ball tonight. 
  • I’ve not had anything pinky brown it’s all been clear so don’t reckon mine can be the plug. Aw get on that ball hope we another baby soon ☺️ Can’t be long off for you! Xx
  • How exciting Alice. Fingers crossed this is it. Keep us updated if you can, will be thinking of you 😊
  • All good signs alice 🤞 for u. Still getting alit of braxton hicks and back ache but nothing else 🙄 was sent in for monitoring friday when routine app had his heart rate at almost 200bpm 😬 luckily he settled and they aren't to worried so now just the waiting game. My grans got her op appointment now for the 13th so really hoping hes early as due date technically the 12th. Hows everyone else? X
  • Still no further signs. 
    I feel like a right miserable so and so but I’m getting so fed up of the ‘ooh you’re due’ texts from friends and family 🙈 literally some people have been messaging me every 2 days for over a week now. 
    I’ve muted my WhatsApp 🙈 

• Hi ladies,

Hope you're all ok, hopefully not too much longer to go for some of you now 🥰 

We are starting to get in to a bit of a routine with Jack now. Hubby doesn’t go back to work for another two weeks but I already don’t want him to go. I love Jack so much but have been feeling a bit weepy and like I’m not going to be able to care for him on my own. The midwife is coming tomorrow so I may mention it to her. The dogs are also acting very different. They are both usually very active and wanting to play. They have become very calm, they aren’t interested in playing and just aren’t themselves. I feel sorry for them because of this massive change but they seem ok, they aren’t scared or wary when Jack cries, and they will sit next to us and watch while we are changing him etc. I guess they need to time adjust too.

So my birth story....my waters broke on the Tuesday, I called the unit and they asked me to go up. I was monitored for a little while because his heart rate was a little fast but they were happy with him and sent me home as I wasn’t having an pains or anything. They said to go back at 6.30pm on Wednesday if nothing was happening. No pains or contractions all day on Wednesday, I actually carried on working 🙈 I went back up to the hospital and they did their checks - my cervix was closed so they put a gel behind it to help it soften and open. I then stayed in over night and they checked the progress the next day. I was supposed to go over to labour ward at 3.30am but they were so busy I ended up going over at 7.30am. They checked and I was 1cm dilated so they decided to put me on the hormone drip to encourage contractions. 11 hours later, I was having 4 contractions every 10 minutes but I had only progressed to 1.5cm dilated 🙈 the surgeon came in to explain I could either carry on with the drip and wait for further dilation, or think about a c section. Obviously because my waters had gone they were a little concerned about risk of infection, and because I’d already been having contractions for 11 hours, they said I would be so tired by the time it came to push I would probably be too exhausted to do it. We decided to go for the c section, which I think was the best way for us in the end. I’d been so calm all day, but I got really and emotional when I was lay down on the operating table. The staff were great and everything was fine but I couldn’t help but cry 🙈 The feeling came back to my legs within a couple of hours, it’s such a weird feeling when you have a spinal! 
    He was born at 8.01pm on Thursday then we were sent home from hospital at 4pm on the Saturday 🥰 

We have been bombarded with visitors since we got home so the best advise I can give is don’t be afraid to tell people you aren’t ready for visitors. Everyone is so excited to meet the baby but it is so tiring when you are trying to get settled.
  • Update I’ve had period pains again all night and felt sick and tightenings tbh cos I’ve felt shite for weeks I very nearly didn’t ring the hospital but at 4am got too much and rang up came in hospital and they have done checks and waters have broken must have been trickeling out tbh I’ve had increased discharge etc for weeks so not a clue when this has happened they are testing for infection and then deciding on the next course or action but cos I’m only 36 weeks I won’t be able go home now I’m terrified :( I’m still at work my husbands 30 next week so surprise meal booked Saturday and weekend away booked next weekend obv baby has other plans just waiting to hear from doctors now but likely will have a baby by weekend xx
  • Oh best of luck @Alice12 I imagine they will give you some steroid injections, this happened with me I had my daughter at 35 weeks as my waters had gone early I was terrified but she was born perfectly healthy with no medical intervention so stay positive. I’ll be 35 weeks tomorrow I’m hoping to last a bit longer this time. I got my section date through for 27th September I’ll be 38 weeks hopefully I last until then as I finish work on Friday would be nice to have a few weeks to myself. That will be a super present for your partner having your little 1 here xx
  • Lmc19 oh thanks so much for letting me know you have put my mind at ease now a bit, is it going to take forever? As long as baby healthy I can cope just the shock of it all I think! I hope you make it to 38 weeks for your c section xx
  • Good luck Alice, I bet it was all a shock but it’ll be worth it. I was 36 weeks when they started my induction, they may give you steroids like lmc said as that’s what I had. I imagine with your waters going the priority will be to get the baby out. Sofia was perfectly formed and didn’t need any help even being that early. Work and birthdays can wait, most important thing is the baby now 🥰🥰. Keep us updated when you can, will be thinking of you xx
  • Hi everyone, how are you all doing? 
    I've just spotted we've had another Due in October baby born (7 weeks early) but mum and baby doing really well! 
    WE can't wait to hear your news... 
  • So my heads a bit all over the place 🙈 had our growth scan today. Sonographer really struggled to get babies stomach measurement because she was all balled up and squished. So she tried 3 times. First time was 50%, second was 3% and third was 22%!🤷🏼‍♀️ so she said hmm.. I’m struggling here but baby was measuring 6lb4 two weeks ago and I’m getting 6lb5 now which a doctor will want to talk to you about but don’t blame me if she’s born bigger because I’m struggling to get the measurement.. she then said because of this result the doctor will want you induced today.
    So saw the doctor who immediately was like, we want to induce you today what are your thoughts? So I said, well we’ve just seen that the babies heart beat is healthy still, I’m feeling her move the same as normal and the cord is still working fine so the most I’d be willing to accept today Is a sweep and then id rather be left a few days to see if things happen by themselves. 
    So I had the sweep, and then they wanted to get me booked in for an induction either Friday or Monday. I declined so I now have to go for monitoring for an hour each day. Then on Monday they’re going to scan me again only to check that the cord is still working. Apparently now that I’m 40 weeks they won’t give you any more growth scans. 
  • Hi ladies hope everyone is okay and those who had babies hope the babies are fine and growing.  Baby is really low and i cant walk everytime i try to walk i get this sharp pain bekow and cant stand on my feet its really hard coz school is started today and am the one doing the school run. I really dont like this last months.if i dont go in labour till the end of the week i will be surprused and cry