Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2019
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Due in September 2019 - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Hi everyone, if you have a child already, do you fancy testing, reviewing and keeping a Bebylux Monza Rossa car seat worth around £299? Head to Latest Discussions to find out more! 
  • Options

How's everyone's week going? I have the dreaded Gestational Diabetes test tomorrow morning but worries about the fasting and not eating in the morning as still on antisickenss and feel so sick every morning until I have my tablets and breakfast. Just hope the test is ok!!

I'm finding this month is going so slow, just want to get closer to 30 weeks now. One minute I think its flying and then I think its dragging!! Can't win.

• Options
    Yeah it's weird how it flies by but also drags! 
    I've got to have that test at some point but they haven't told me when yet. 
    My mum is undergoing major surgery today so it's not a good week for me, but on the plus side my mother in law ordered our travel system for us which is exciting 😊 feeling a bit more real now !
  • Options
    Good luck with your tests ladies. Do you get the results straight away tomorrow Liz?

I feel like it’s dragging too! It’s gone so slow since our 20 week scan.
    Exciting now you’ve ordered your travel system Speedy! We are going to start clearing the spare room ready to decorate it for the nursery next weekend I think. 

We’re in Spain at the mo. I’m not coping too well with the heat 🙈 drinking constantly and then weeing constantly! It’s actually horrible not being in my own bed, everything is so uncomfortable to sit and lie on 🙈 

• Options

How many weeks are you now Speedy? I was told to have mine at 24 weeks which is the earliest to have it as I had glucose in my pee sample at a midwifes appointment. I'm 25 weeks on Saturday, feels odd saying that when my bump is still quite small. I expected to be a lot bigger by now.

Hope your mums ok Speedy and she recovers well. What travel system did you go for? Unfortunately we are the last on both sides to have babies despite both being the eldest so no one is interested in buying us anything big. Booked in for the Mothercare expectant parent event and you get 10% off everything you buy on the day, worth looking into if anyone still has lots to buy! 

• Options
    We decided on the Cosatto Giggle 2 as it looked perfect for us and if you buy in May you get a free car seat! 
    Im 21 weeks now, I don't have a huge bump either although at times feels it 😂. 
    I just have to have it because of diabetes in both sides of the family, im sure I'll be fine though! 
    This is my first so im trying to think of all the things I'll need! It's hard! 
    Thanks for that info I'll keep that event in mind. I went to a Mothercare outlet yesterday and bought a couple of small bits for a third of the price ! 😄
  • Options
    I feel totally clueless 🙈 my husband has a few pregnant ladies in his work and he said they’re all quite pally with their midwives.. and I remember when my sister was pregnant with her first 4 years ago she absolutely loved hers. I’ve only met mine twice for short periods. And I haven’t spoken to her in between. I guess because I’ve been lucky and I haven’t had any issues I haven’t needed to.. But I feel like I’m missing out on something 😂 
    I don’t see her till the 6th June when I’m 27wks+2. 
    I haven’t been weighed since I was about 8 weeks pregnant.. is that normal? 

Also she never ever told me about a maternity exemption card (free dental care & prescriptions). It was only because a friend asked me if I had one that I had to go into the doctors and ask for one. I’m self employed and so also had no idea about needing a mat-b1 card. I googled it and gov.uk says you should receive it around your 20 week scan. Nope! Not me 😂 so I text her and she said she’ll arrange it at my next appt.

Has anyone discussed their birth plan yet or does that come much later? 

We’re booked onto an NCT course the 15th & 16th June so hoping I’ll feel a bit more clued up then..
  • Options
    We’ve also booked on to a mother care evening :) only have our travel system atm. We got the mamas and papas Ocarro. I saw a lady with our exact one on holiday getting it set up at the airport and she managed it one handed so I was very happy 😂
    Painting the nursery this weekend and getting carpet ordered. 
    I’ve got my baby shower the 13th July so I’m trying to hold off buying little things and clothes because I’ll probably receive stuff then off friends and family. Just need to get the major furniture for now. 
  • Options

I've only seen mine twice too Alice, I had to ask for all the forms and don't see her again until the 21st June.

I discussed rough birthing options at the booking in appointment but nothing since. I mentioned it at my last appointment as I have requested a home birth and she said someone will come and visit me at home about a month before I'm due and I will need to sign a disclaimer to say I agree to the risks etc, made me feel a little scared and wondering if I'm making the right choice.

Have a wedding on Saturday and still have no dress!! Just done an emergency asos order for 3 Maternity dresses!

• Options
    Oh Liz Bragg that's so wonderful you're having a home birth 🙂 don't be frightened!
    You've just reminded me that I have a wedding in 2 weeks!! ASOS it is!!
  • Options
    I just really don't want to go to hospital if I don't have too and want my husband there for the first day or so. My sister had all 3 at hospital and she had so many issues getting discharged, with her last they said at 11am she could leave, she was finally discharged at 8pm as no-one was around to discharge her!
  • Options
    Ah ok, that makes me feel better thank you Liz! 
    I don’t have a clue what to do.. I wouldn’t consider a home birth purely because we are semi detached and absolutely hate our neighbours.. and as satisfying as it may seem potentially screaming down the house for a few hours as pay back I don’t think I could look them in the eye again 😂

So i’m considering a water birth in hospital. But I think you’re only allowed gas and air with a water birth.. and by the sounds of it it’s also 50/50 whether there’s one available when you arrive at hospital.
    So my back up I think would be to have an epidural. My mum swears by them.. so will have to discuss with the midwife and see what she suggests. 
  • Options
    I’m also a bridesmaid in 4 weeks 🙈 so far the dress still fits. But fortunately the shop has been kind enough to get a size bigger in incase I need to swap last minute. 
    All the other bridesmaids are tiny (height and weight wise) I’m the tallest by quite a lot .. bit worried I’m going to look huge in the photos. 
  • Options
    It’s a form fitting dress too 😂
  • Options

Haha Alice, I know what you mean as we have a Semi detached too but we are close to our neighbours so hopefully they'll be ok, they make enough noise with their 2 kids anyway.

If I did go to the hospital I would love a water birth too, I just want to try and be as relaxed as possible (if that's possible).

Its so hard with dresses for me at the mo and I'm not obviously pregnant, just look a little more chubbier :-)

• Options
    I would love to have a water birth too. I don't know what my options are currently as im under a consultant because of sinus tachycardia ( from pre pregnancy) and have a 7 day ECG booked for a couple of weeks time. After the results of that my consultant said she can discuss 'modes of delivery' with me. If I had my way I'd have a natural birth and labour in the water at hospital. 🙂
  • Options

Hi everyone, can you please help us? We are looking for 12 weeks scan pictures of boys for an article we’re writing - if you are having a boy or have had a boy in other pregnancies, we would be most grateful if you could share your 12 week scan picture on this other thread.  Thanks so much. 

• Options
    Hey ladies. How is everyone. Still feel like there is so much to do. Just looking at these grobag things for a night time. Are you ladies going to use these for when baby sleeps at night? X 
  • Options
    I bought a gro bag yesterday as was in sale but was too hasty as it's a 3.5 tog. Although he will be smallest in winter I think that will be too warm 🤔 not really sure 
  • Options
    Gro bag are nice and safe for babies, i used them for my other 2 keeps them warm so i am going to use it this time around too as i dont use blankets for baby sleep.