Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020

Due in September 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• Hi everyone. We ordered our travel system and nursery furniture today x
  • apparently pregnant ladies are at no more risk than the general public!? And we can do the same as every else social distance etc it’s only what I have read online so not sure how much truth is in it? I will be keepin myself well protected if I must leave my house x x
  • Every Friday night my local midwife team do an hour live chat on Facebook where you can ask questions, this week a lot of people have asked questions about whether the rules will change soon about partners attending appointments and how long they are there during and after birth she said there isn’t any change atm but definitely sounded positive about it changing and is hoping to have an update for us next Friday 
  • Is it really necessary for partners to attend appointments at this time tho. We are lucky the can be at the birth I think xx
  • Great idea from the midwifes though! Mine haven’t even checked I’m ok 🤷‍♀️🙈
  • @Kayt2 I think they are talking about the milestone app like 12 & 20wk scans and also said we can have partners on FaceTime at midwife app if we want so they feel more included and can ask questions I’ve just got my fingers crossed that it will be more relaxed when we come to give birth I hate the thought of my oh being kicked out just a couple of hours after the birth it’s his first and we’ve waited such a long time 
  • SmithL35 said:
    Hi everyone. We ordered our travel system and nursery furniture today x
    Ooooo, what did you go for?
  • @VRob123 the mamas and papas one we had seen and the nursery set is theirs too :) so pleased to have made a decision, I had spent hours researching 🤣 x
  • Is anyone going to use a sling? I'd like to but again have no idea which to go for! Any suggestions?? X
  • Personally the further along I am the more I really don’t want Covid 19 thrown on top of the general tiredness, aches, hot flushes, swollen feet, indigestion etc.... 
    I sit in the car as my OH goes shopping, the amount of people who sneeze & wipe a hand down a trouser leg, eat stuff as they go in and out of the shop, take partners & kids in with them. It won’t be long until the infection rate starts creeping up again. I’m currently not prepared to be one of the statistics so me and my daughter will stay put for the time being. OH Works for BT so luckily doesn’t have regular contact with people 
  • @VRob123 I am exactly the same, we are going to keep on just as we have been so far, it's just not worth the risk in my opinion. 😒
  • I totally agree! People are just going about this like normal and it’s making me mad it’s the minority of people who are keeping this big going and making it’s so much harder for the rest of us!! I’m hoping things are a tad more normal by the time out babies are due xx but like most of you nothing will be changing in my house x obviously hubby is military so that can’t be helped but he is super careful at wrk x x
  • @VRob123 ooh I work for Bt too they have been great with me 
  • @SmithL35 so exciting!! Even better when stuff starts arriving. Weve now ordered everything we need apart from clothes. Just got a couple of bits of clothing items but hope to get the rest next month and we will be totally done 
  • @LM4900 oh good one! :) are you going to use a sling to carry baby? I want one but just don't know which one to get x
  • @SmithL35 I got a sling but it was one of the first things I got and can’t remember which one now lol but my oh wants a carrier for himself 
  • @SmithL35 hi lv I’ve always used ergo baby slings! They are fab and so easy to use, it’s all fabric so no clasps or strings for tightening that always dig in!! John Lewis do some really nice designs xx 
  • Thanks @Metalchick and @Wellcome1, I will try either the ergo baby one or the baby k'tan x
  • Is anyone else getting an increase in braxton hicks? The last few days I’m having loads, she turned over now and is head down and ever since I’ve been getting on and off all day long
  • @Metalchick ah I haven't had any I don't think so not sure what they are like. Only thing I get is on a long walk I get sharp pains under my belly button, is that it? Do they move again once they are head down or do they stay down?
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions