Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Due in September 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• @Restingpotato hope it goes well today hun 
  • Thanks for the kind msgs. Had my 20 week scan today and other than my hubby being unable to join me, it was perfect.
    The sonographer was fab and told me everything she was looking at. Our little wriggler was constantly on the move! All is well and I feel so happy and relieved as was quite nervous before going in!

So that's it, no more scans and prob few face to face midwife appts between now and Sept! Although I have been eagerly awaiting the 20 week scan I cant actually believe that's how far we have all come!!

Everytime I see a new month being added to the list ie 'Due in January' is now active, and us in the 'due in September', it makes me realise how quickly time is going!!

Best wishes to everyone still to have their scans.
    xx
  • Oh and also I didn't want to be disappointed when I got to the hospital to be told I couldn't video the scan so I phoned ahead (my midwife had suggested I do this) and they told me then than hubby couldn't come into hospital and that I wasnt allowed to video. Got some lovely pics though and to be honest we were both just grateful that baby is well.

It might also be worth saying (although please bear in mind I'm in Scotland) that I happened to say to the Sonographer that hopefully there wont be all these restrictions in place by September. She said 'unfortunately we have been told to expect there to be no changes to whats currently in place in the maternity unit, for births and also scans for the rest of the year'. She then went onto say 'but as it stand your husband would be allowed to the birth and for up to 2 hours afterwards and they are working to a 6 hour period from birth to discharge.'

This kind of took me by surprise as I really expected by September things would be a bit better but guess will just need to wait and see/hope.
    x
  • @Restingpotato so pleased that everything went well! You must be relieved. I really hope mine is ok next week. Did you find out gender? X
  • Thank you @SmithL35, I hope everyone's scans go well.
    I was anxious but I also kept reminding myself that only 1% of 20 week scans find something of concern.

No I didnt find out the gender. I've always wanted it to be a surprise and hubby is the same. I think it will help get me through labour knowing I've yet to find out! Well I'm hoping so, ha!
    x
  • So glad all scans went well ladies. Can’t believe how quickly times flying by x
  • @Restingpotato oh is that right, just 1%? I have been rarely nervous because a friend had really bad news, but she clearly was very unlucky! That's reassuring though :) thank you x
  • Scan went well! Little BOY says hi!! 

Lucy16277 - 29th Aug 💙
    Metalchick - 30 Aug - 💝 
    Kayt2 - 1st Sept - 💗 
    LaurenJane - 2 Sept - 💛 
    Baby3! - 5th Sept - 💛
    Claire1234939-6th Sept-💙  
    Restingpotato - 11th Sept - 💛
    VRob123 - 11th Sept - 💙
    Kym05 - 12th Sept - 💗
    LM4900 - 12th Sept - 💛
    XOXO1 - 13th Sept 💝
    Nrecinos91 - 15th Sept - 💛
    Becks379 - 15th Sept - 💗
    SmithL35 - 17th Sept  - 💛
    CharHughes - 23rd Sept - 💛
  • @VRob123 ah congrats! you thought little boy didn't you?
  • They couldn't see what they needed on mine to do all the measurements etc so have to go back again in 2 weeks x
  • @VRob123 ah congrats!! Another little boy 😁💙
  • Congrats @VRob123 nice to see another boy 🥰
  • How’s everyone feeling it’s suddenly hit me only about 18 wks to go and that’s if she doesn’t come early seems weird now that there’s less time ahead than behind if you know what I mean lol I’m really excited to meet her now 🥰🥰🥰
  • Exciting @VRob123! You'd guessed boy hadn't you? I'm guessing boy for us x
  • Yes @SmithL35! We need to even up the odds! 
  • @VRob123 I might know this time next week x
  • @VRob123 so glad alls well babe 😊
  • Hi ladies! 

Just having a little read and a catch up of what’s been going on. 

Congratulations @v@VRob123 - you’re having a boy!!!! How exciting :)) boy babies are so sweet. 

I can’t believe I’m 20 weeks pregnant tomorrow... isn’t it flying for us now?!

hows everyone feeling pain-wise? I am really struggling with back pain and pressure down below. Has anyone else been experiencing this? X
  • @XOXO1 thank you Hun! I’ve had hip and lower back pain if I either do too much or do too little. Sitting or laying for long periods of time seem to do it the most. I tend to sit on the floor with my legs apart and stretch a lot. It seems to help x
  • Im surprised im not suffering yet! I have a prolapsed disc operation last aug and I thought I would be but I’m going to keep cycling as long as I can
    cos seems to be keeping me going! I’m 22 weeks on Tuesday 🙈 going so fast! 
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions