Forum home Birth clubs Due in September 2020

Due in September 2020 - Part 2

Replies

• @CharHughes you'll be fine I was so anxious but the staff made it as normal as possible x 
  • Does anyone think they’ll be back to work before taking maternity leave? I was just trying to sort dates out and not sure I’ll be back, Don’t know how I feel about this and has anyone else planned when to start maternity leave?
  • I'm not sure, I think I'll still be working at home full time, which I can do but I think it very unlikely that I'll go back to the office before I start maternity leave. I work for a government agency that involves a lot of travelling so I expect they will tell me to stay working at home and possibly start mat leave at week 36 ...

Not sure though, depends if they start to reduce lockdown. What do you do? 

• I work in a call centre they are still open as classed as essential but they put me on shielding when government put us in the at risk group but still on full pay so all good there but I was just working out dates and best case scenario if I had to go back would possibly only be for a month but with my company if you have more then 6 wks off you need re training so I’d be going back doing a months worth of training then finishing seems pointless, but my company is really good and very accommodating I really don’t fancy going back into a call centre while this is still ongoing with all the recycled air in there 🙄 sorry I rambled quite a lot there 
  • It's hard isn't it and great they are so good about it so if this current shielding ends mid june, then it doesn't sound worth going back if need to do the training again. I think they will extend it until people give birth though as it wont be gone by june and maybe not even by september so hopefully you can stay off on full pay and then start mat leave when you wanted to, before all this craziness began! 
  • I was planning on starting on school summer holidays as I work in a school. I can’t see us going back, even if schools open I can’t see them letting us go back being pregnant so we will see! 
  • I agree @katy2

I'll probably end up working right up to it, which will be good in one way but working full time and two kids at home is very tiring. I'm not sure what they will say yet though, have to broach it 
  • Hopefully because you’re classed as vulnerable your employers will be understanding and Accommodating towards your best interests. 

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow. Hubby is upset that he can’t be there. Has anyone been able to video it or even FaceTime? X
  • Oooh good luck for tomorrow @XOXO1 tbh I didn’t ask at mine so I don’t know 
  • Morning, I am also a teacher and having just read the article on schools having a phased return I read they vulnerable groups won't be in school. So I would imagine that would apply to any work environment. Will keep up with what ny teacher union says about it. I want to start maternity leave early September x

Scan today eek! X
  • @SmithL35 @XOXO1 enjoy your scan!!! Little one can give you a wave xx 

I also work at a school, even when we were put on the vulnerable list they said it was only a guideline, they would support me though if I wanted to go off. I’m not sure they would 100% support 12 weeks off. But saying that they’ve advertised my cover to start from the 1st of June. Really not sure what is going to happen x 
  • @VRob123 thank you :) 

That's good about the cover start date, mine is september so I don't know what would happen if school reopened and I wasn't in. But I think i would find it really difficult even driving over as I drove to get a laptop a few weeks ago and it really hurt my back. 

Such an anxious time isn't it?! Good luck @XOXO1 x
  • I wasn’t aloud to film or face time @XOXO1 but hope you can. 

There’s no date been set for when schools go back can’t see it being June! Still to many deaths if you ask me! 
  • Hi Girls i am due on 20th september excited for my second bubs... due for my 20 week scan next week.. Did anyone carry masks gloves when they went for their scans i am just worried due to the risks also i have a whooping cough and flu vaccine scheduled at my surgery next week too is it okay has anyone taken these now?

• I asked for my vaccine at the scan and they did it quickly and easily, I felt the hospital was very clean and good procedures in place. I didn't take gloves or a mask but I did use the anti bac soap they have around quite a few times x
  • @Baby3! What was the vaccine like? I am terrified of needles. I should probably have asked to have it done today when I go for the scan but I am too scared x
  • I dont mind needles so I say this without that fear, but a small needle, a tiny pin prick, hardly felt and over in seconds. I'm sure with a phobia it would still be something to get through but I thought it was fine
  • Ok thank you :)
  • Good luck today @SmithL35
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions